Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

YAY! Thank you very much for letting me to know and for this wonderful challenge, dear @rosemow ! <3:smiley:

Congrats, sweet @Valuzza90 ! YAY! :smiley:
  • LittleRedRidingSimLittleRedRidingSim Posts: 122 Member
    edited September 2017
    Sorry for spamming everyone ... I am having a "sign" in problem ... it was awful!
    g6e9pimv4c4c.png
  • Theme for the Week: A dorm room for twins who have different interests
    Gallery Name of Room: Dorm Room for twins
    Origin id: RethaSim

Find it here: Dorm Room for Twins

Some pictures:
    tumblr_owxp2uaIbv1uv09beo1_540.png
    tumblr_owxp2uaIbv1uv09beo2_540.png
    tumblr_owxp2uaIbv1uv09beo3_540.png
    tumblr_owxp2uaIbv1uv09beo4_540.png
    g6e9pimv4c4c.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited September 2017
    The design and furnishing of Dorm Room for Twins is so very nice! @RethaSim :) Very nice colour scheme of the room! The purple/pink colour of the walls and the confetti print on it looks very pretty! The two areas of the room suit each of the twins so well! The colourful circles floor prints look very nice in the room, and the different colours suit each of them well. The differing colours of the beds to suit the twins looks very nice. Bella’s area of the room looks great! The singer pictures on the wall and the full length lights edged mirror for her to check her appearance in looks great! The pictures on the bedhead walls add a very nice look to the room. It is nice that there are cat and dog pictures there to reflect which animal is their favourite. It is very nice that there are colourful clothes and shoes rack in her side of the room, and she has her beauty products on her dresser table and table at the foot of her bed ready to use. The screen divider looks great separating of the room area, The windows study desk and vanity table nook is very nice ! The twins will enjoy the sunshine coming in onto them through the windows as they are sitting there. The differing chair colours looks nice. It is great that there is a computer there for Lilian to enjoy using. The pencils and hairdryer are great touches there; and the flower is pretty. Bella will enjoy sitting there painting her nails. Lilian’s side of the bedroom is very nice! The more subdued clothes closet looks great there. The dirty clothes on the floor reflects her messiness well ! The books are a nice on the table at the foot of the bed. She will enjoy reading them. The basketball picture on her bedside wall reflects well her enjoyment of sport! The plants are a nice touch on the floor.The girls will enjoy sitting resting on the coloured cushions or patterned stool, listening to radio music or doing art using the art supplies.
    The furnishing of the room to suit each twin looks very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is great that you have entered your first room in the challenge ! @joRN1414 :)
    Double Trouble Dorm is a very nice room for the Twins! :) Very nice design and furnishing of the room! The two sides of the room each reflect the type of twin so very well! The purple colour of the bed for Bella and the grey bed for Lilian looks very nice. The space themed pictures and other wall decor are nice touches on Lilian’s bedside wall. The dirty clothes and books on the floor at foot of the bed reflect how messy she is! It is great that there is a ball there to show that she likes sport. It looks great that the twins school bags at the end of their beds. Very nice corner study desk nooks in the room for the girls to enjoy sitting on the seats using the computers to do their studies. Very nice bed head wall areas! The butterflies look so very pretty on the walls! The different colours of them look very nice and suit each of the girls very well. The pink string lights look very pretty ! The books and sports team picture on Lilian’s wall shelf and bedside table, and the CDs and beauty products on Bella’s wall shelf and bedside tabl suits each of them well! Very nice windows drinks area! The girls will like getting cups of tea, coffee and hot chocolate there, to help their energy levels as they are doing their studies. It is nice that there is a box of breakfast cereal there for them to enjoy eating some cereal to start the day, They will like waking up to sunlight coming in through the windows. The large floor rug adds a great look to the room. Very nice sitting area in the middle of the room. The girls will like sitting resting there on the patterned stools as they take a break from studying. The candle is pretty for them to see. The colour type of patterning suits them each of them. Very nice tops of the dressers! The books and hairdryers on Lilian’s dresser and the more subdued mirror, and then the fancier starry lights edged mirror and beauty products on Bella’s dresser sees looks great! The shoe and fashion pictures are great touches on the walls on Bella’s side of the bedroom!
    The furnishing of the room to suit each of the twins looks so very great! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! I hope that you will enjoy entering future challenges also :)

Thank you, Rosemow. It was so much fun! Well, except for the picture that kept going missing. But this was a great challenge.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
    RethaSim wrote: »
    @joRN1414 Wow! I love the symmetry and almost yin-yang feeling echoing in this room! Great how the pieces are the same, but play off each other in opposite ways! I love this room!

Thank you!!
    @RethaSim : I love that wallpaper! It's perfect for the rooms. That basketball decal is awesome. I'll have to look for that. Great Minds think alike with the beds. :D I didn't even think about using that arts and craft kit or the room divider. Good call! PURPLE! (Snaps for Purple) Amazing entry.
  • lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    I haven't posted here since may, but I looked at all of your amazing creations :) I decided to enter again this week :)

Theme for the week: a dorm room for twins who have different interests
    Gallery name of room: Twin Dorm Room
    Origin id: lisalittlesimmer
    Pictures of the room:
    fMjsWxj.png
    OIgWiNI.png
    UnpxsGu.png
    9sJghTE.png
    U6dJBGD.png
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
    I haven't posted here since may, but I looked at all of your amazing creations :) I decided to enter again this week :)

Theme for the week: a dorm room for twins who have different interests
    Gallery name of room: Twin Dorm Room
    Origin id: lisalittlesimmer

I really like the bunk bed look you have going! How did you do that? So cool.

@joRN1414 moveobjects on and lifting it up with 9 :) you have to make sure it works though, it's a bit picky with what you place underneath it. I usually use bookshelves on the end to make it look like it's part of the bed and it's not just floating :)
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • CrazeeforhorsesCrazeeforhorses Posts: 40 Member
    I have been absent this past week, but thank you so much to everyone who had kind words to say about my Wooden Duck Themed room! I really appreciate it. :)

I'm looking forward to this week's challenge and will post my entry soon!
    "Enjoy the little things in life, because one day you will look back, and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault
    @joRN1414 moveobjects on and lifting it up with 9 :) you have to make sure it works though, it's a bit picky with what you place underneath it. I usually use bookshelves on the end to make it look like it's part of the bed and it's not just floating :)

I love it. Those beds and that bookcase worked great!
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    edited September 2017
    Theme for the Week: A dorm room for twins who have different interests
    Gallery Name of Room: Opposites Dorm Room
    Origin id: misscbong - Gallery Link

Pictures of the Room:
    I wanted to keep the look of the room, in terms of furniture, a bit more realistic. So, all of the pieces are the same shade of pale wood, and then the Twins different personalities are able to come out in bedding, accessories, and extra decor. I figured, in real life, you go to a dorm room and the basic items of furniture are provided to you. So, I wanted to keep it true to that, and add their individuality through everything else in the room.

LedUZGL.png

sN0Eg2p.png

IoG5ecG.png

70hyoqX.png
    @misscbong haha we used the same beds in the same places :D I ans the wardrobes are the same too! Your room looks great, it has that same realistic vibe I was going for
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
    @misscbong : That alcove is darling!! Perfect for studying or vegging out. I like how you put the laundry on top of the armoire's too. Great work.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thank you for doing the room challenge I suggested @rosemow! Great room so far! You guys are so creative AND fast at building these rooms!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A dorm room for twins who have different interests
    Gallery name of room : Dorm Room for Girls
    Origin id : MyFavoritedesign
    Pictures of the room :
    o5swc8S.jpg
    NajS8d1.jpg
    XWEDqan.jpg
    2hqx5lQ.jpg
    Rma1ITf.jpg
    7HX1Vwg.png
    The layout and furnishing of Twin Dorm Room looks very nice! @lisalittlesimmer :) It is nice that each of the twins have their own special side of the room. The way you have furnished the sides to suit each of the twins is done well! The patterned floor rug in the middle of the room is a nice touch. The bunk beds looks great! It is great that the girls have bed colours that suit them. The string row of photos and the white string lights look very nice on the bedside wall. Very nice desk table nook areas under the beds! Lilian will enjoy sitting at the table using the computer and the pencils look great on the table. The sports themed pictures on the wall suit her well! Being messy, she has left her books and other items on the floor! Bella will enjoy sitting at her nook table listening to music from the stereo. The butterflies picture on the table is pretty for her to look at. The fashion and band posters on her side wall look great there and reflect well her interests! It looks great the way that the bookcases have been placed to create the bed nooks. The candles on the top of the bookcases give a calming look to the room. The type of dresser used suits each twin very well! The books, plant, and tissues are great touches on top of them.Bella will enjoy checking her appearance in the full length lights edged mirror!
    It is a special dorm room for the twins to share! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
    Opposites Dorm Room looks a very calming bedroom for the twins! @misscbong :)The pale colour of the wall gives a very nice look and feel to the room. Very nice windows sitting alcove! The twins will enjoy resting there watching tv with sunshine coming in onto them. The colour and pattern on each of the chairs suits each twin well! The bunk beds look great! The different colours of the bed suit them well, and the string of photos is nice on Bella’s bedside wall. Very nice table nooks under the beds! The singer and shoe pictures the nook wall on Bella’s side and the sports themed pictures and skatebords;on Lilian’s side look great! Lilian will enjoy using her computer there. The books, school bag, and other items on the floor on her side of the room capture well her messiness! The dresser corner nooks are nice. It is great that Bella’s dresser has a picture on it, whilst Lilian’s is plain. The folded clothes and basket of clothes look great on top of the dressers. The area with the mirror and toiletries show the differences in the twins! Bella has a clean area with a bin to put items in, whilst Lilian keeps all her items and hairdryer on the floor! It is nice that there is a microwave for the girls to make snacks in, and cereal for them to enjoy having for breakfast to start their study day. Very nice shelving nook area on Bella’s side for her to enjoy listening to music. The beauty items are nice touches on the shelves. The books and bowling pin on the shelves in Lilian’s nook, and the sports equipment on the floor suit her well!
    The room reflects so well each of the twins and their differences, and also looks nice as an overall dorm room. Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • CrazeeforhorsesCrazeeforhorses Posts: 40 Member
    Challenge 131 - Entry Form

Theme for the Week: A Dorm Room for Twin Girls who have Different Interests
    Gallery Name of the Room: The Sun & The Moon
    Origin ID: Crazeeforhorses

I absolutely LOVED creating this room! Great theme for this week! :smile:

Pictures:
    [IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/ivhj80.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/333wo5s.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/15p3k7m.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/jijluv.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/w9tjjd.png[/IMG]
    "Enjoy the little things in life, because one day you will look back, and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault
    The furnishing of Dorm Room for Girls looks so very nice! @MyFavoritedesign :) Each of the sides of the room reflect them very well! The green/blue colour scheme of Lilian’s side looks very nice. The confetti print on the bedside walls of both of the girls looks so pretty and effective! The bunk beds look great! The paint splattered mat and dirty clothes on the floor reflect her messiness well! Very nice study desk nook area under the bed! She will enjoy sitting at the table using her computer, or resting on the sofa reading a book from the bookshelf and watching sports programs on the tv. The sports themed pictures on the nook wall and on the wall beside the windowsm and the sports equipment on the floor are great touches there! The basketball, skateboard and pencils look great on the table and wall! . It looks nice the way the closet and bookshelves are either sides of the bed area. Bella’s purple and pink colour schemed section of the room looks so very nice snd colourfully bright! The balloons, banners, party drink pennant and pink butterflies look so very nice on the wall! The pink and blue colour colour of her study desk table snd chair looks great! She will enjoy doing her school studies there. The pink flowers in the vase on the floor are pretty for her to see there. The decorated eggs are colourfully nice touches on the rainbow shelves! Bella will enjoy sitting on the colourful patterned seat at the vanity table doing her make up. The beauty products are nice there on the table . The purple flowers are very nice for her to look at as she sits there. The fashion and music posters on her wall look great! The purple flowers and circle floor prints add a great look to the room area!
    The furnishing of the room areas suit each of the girls so very well! They look colourfully great! Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
    edited September 2017
    Challenge 131 - Entry Form

Theme for the Week: A Dorm Room for Twin Girls who have Different Interests
    Gallery Name of the Room: The Sun & The Moon
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/E6F71C64A3BD11E7824A7AE2CCA11599
    Origin ID: Crazeeforhorses

I absolutely LOVED creating this room! Great theme for this week! :smile:

Pictures:
    ivhj80.png

333wo5s.png

15p3k7m.png

jijluv.png

w9tjjd.png

The Sun and the Moon is a great dorm room for the twins! @Crazeeforhorses :) The name of the room suits the theme well! Very nice furnishing of each side of the room to suit each of the girls! The blue colour scheme of Lilian’s side of the room looks very nice. The sports themed wall pictures on her beside wall to reflect that she likes sports looks great! The more subdued coloured floor rug on her side and and the colourfully patterned floor rug on Bella’s side look great! The messiness of her clothes at the foot of her bed whilst Bella has her clothes neat and tidy in a basket at the foot of her bed, shows well the differences in the twins! The fashion model , band , music and shoes pictures look very nice on Bella’s bed side , nook and bedhead walls. The pink colour of her walls and the white string lights look very pretty! It is nice that the bedside tables reflect the colour scheme of each side of the room. The beauty products on Bella’s table and pencils on Lilian’s suits them well! Bella will enjoy listening to radio music in her desk nook section of the room. She will like checking how she looks in the mirror.The makeup beauty products are a nice touch on the table .Very nice corner study nook for Lilian! She will enjoy sitting there at the table using the computer or reading a book. The strings of photos is nice touch, and the skate board and sports equipment on the wall and floor reflect her interests well!
    The design of the room to suit each of the twins looks very nice! Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top