Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WooHoo Weekend Challenge!

Comments

• Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    A guru will be along eventually to answer nanashi-sims question, but in the mean time, the game-info sharing feature is described in the EULA.

In short, it tracks game statistics. --like time played and "simology"-- the little button on the bottom row that gives out your sims' statistics, among them "times woohooed" "times passed out" (also a fascinating one that tracks how often your sim "goes here" as instructed.)

So what I gather is, when you start this challenge, the servers "make note" of the woohoo statistics at that time and at the end of the contest.

I bought my game in disk version and when I installed and registered it, all I had to do was open an origin account. There is no personal information in there other than what was needed to register. So the game can't share anything other than that with EA servers even if they wanted it to. I paid cash for the game. (paying cash for a lot of things these days, what with the retailer database vulnerability we read about seemingly every year, sometimes twice a year.) So they don't have any bank information to begin with.

Downloaders who paid by credit card have a bit more information on file.

Meanwhile, time for a Valentines Day Chuckle!

This Is Romantic!

A couple goes out for a charming Valentines Day dinner.. candles, mood music.. the whole bit..

They come home and Spouse A is ready to intimately cap the evening off... BUT Spouse B runs out of the room:

"No time for that now, dear, we went out, my Sims must be falling behind in the WooHoo race! I totally have to win that gnome!

My heart is aflutter just imagining that scenario!
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Miki wrote: »
    A guru will be along eventually to answer nanashi-sims question, but in the mean time, the game-info sharing feature is described in the EULA.

In short, it tracks game statistics. --like time played and "simology"-- the little button on the bottom row that gives out your sims' statistics, among them "times woohooed" "times passed out" (also a fascinating one that tracks how often your sim "goes here" as instructed.)

So what I gather is, when you start this challenge, the servers "make note" of the woohoo statistics at that time and at the end of the contest.

I bought my game in disk version and when I installed and registered it, all I had to do was open an origin account. There is no personal information in there other than what was needed to register. So the game can't share anything other than that with EA servers even if they wanted it to. I paid cash for the game. (paying cash for a lot of things these days, what with the retailer database vulnerability we read about seemingly every year, sometimes twice a year.) So they don't have any bank information to begin with.

Downloaders who paid by credit card have a bit more information on file.

Would people stop speculating answers, please? The Sims 4 EULA on EA is a 404 page.

And I am asking about whether data is stored during the opt-out period and then sent if a user opts in. This is a question that fans cannot answer, so please stop trying because you're needlessly obfuscating what I am trying to ask here.

My game play stats are entirely unrelated to my game purchase--this is common sense. My question is related to behavioural tracking, not potential database exploitation. I don't see how you could even jump to that conclusion to propose such an "answer".

@SimguruBChick - to repeat: I only wish to know if there is data collected during the opt-out period (including for games that have been uninstalled and reinstalled using old game data) and if this information is sent the minute players opt-in to participate in this campaign. Also, are the stats the ones that players themselves see or will more information be collected during this campaign?
  • Options
    EisbergsEnteEisbergsEnte Posts: 146 Member
    edited February 2015
    Willow Creek, February 14th, 2015:
    "Hi Miss Anyone, did the sun come out or did you just smile at me? Will you date me?" - "No time for formalities, Mister Randomguy. Wanna stay overnight?" - Yup, hurry up! Let's do it for the gnome!"
    QNWOqEZ.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    "Hi Miss Anyone, did the sun come out or did you just smile at me? Will you date me?" - "No time for formalities, Mister Randomguy. Wanna stay overnight?" - Yup, hurry up! Let's do it for the gnome!"

Wut? You do know nothing is stopping the romance right? LOL Dude srsly the whole point isn't woohooing with strangers just cause, the point is setting romantic nights for your sim couples to enjoy and have fun, celebrating the valentine's day.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Wut? You do know nothing is stopping the romance right? LOL Dude srsly the whole point isn't woohooing with strangers just cause, the point is setting romantic nights for your sim couples to enjoy and have fun, celebrating the valentine's day.

Thank you for pointing this out! This is supposed to be a simulated celebration of Valentine's Day weekend, not a simulation of two nights in Pattaya :unamused:
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited February 2015
    I guess I misunderstood the whole "We are setting our The Sims 4 players a challenge. Are you up for it? How many times can you get your Sims to WooHoo this weekend?" not as something 'romantic'. If my boyfriend walked up to me today and said 'Hey, how many times do you think we can woohoo this weekend?', I'm pretty sure that wouldn't read to me as romantic in the least and the answer would be zero.

Of course that isn't so say that you can't include romance in the game while going balls to the wall, full force ahead woohooing to meet the challenge. Light a candle, put on a little 'bow chicka wow wow' music, eat a flirty cookie.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Maybe this will answer some questions.

this is what the FAQ says about data collection

https://www.origin.com/en-us/faq

What types of data does EA collect through Origin?

There are two types of information that are always collected through Origin:

(1) System interaction data essential to the continued operation of Origin. This includes anonymous crash reports (including the time and approximate location of the crash); hardware specification data (information about your device’s CPU, graphics card, display, memory, browser, and operating system); and other functional details (successful installs, unsuccessful game downloads, game launch data, errors, and lost network connections). MAC and IP addresses are collected as well, but obfuscated and hashed to protect your anonymity. All of this data is used to improve Origin’s performance, identify bugs, and enhance your overall experience.

(2) Information that you directly provide to Origin. This includes Origin preferences, online feature usage, purchase information, and account information—which is used only to allow specific services to work. For example, Origin needs to collect and verify your personal information in order to process a game purchase.

For more information about EA’s collection, storage, and use of consumer information, please read EA’s Privacy Policy.
    Can I opt out of data collection?

You can opt out of sharing hardware specifications and crash reports at any time. Sharing of system interaction data can be limited and made anonymous, but not completely disabled. Edit your data sharing preferences by selecting the Advanced tab in Origin Application Settings.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    If my boyfriend walked up to me today and said 'Hey, how many times do you think we can woohoo this weekend?', I'm pretty sure that wouldn't read to me as romantic in the least and the answer would be zero.

Umm.... really? :neutral_face:
    Post edited by nanashi-sims on
  • Options
    I guess I misunderstood the whole "We are setting our The Sims 4 players a challenge. Are you up for it? How many times can you get your Sims to WooHoo this weekend?" not as something 'romantic'. If my boyfriend walked up to me today and said 'Hey, how many times do you think we can woohoo this weekend?', I'm pretty sure that wouldn't read to me as romantic in the least and the answer would be zero.

Of course that isn't so say that you can't include romance in the game while going balls to the wall, full force ahead woohooing to meet the challenge. Light a candle, put on a little 'bow chicka wow wow' music, eat a flirty cookie.

I guess you did. Plus it's a game...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I got pretty bored after having my couple woohoo 15 times last night. lol. I realized I couldn't do a whole weekend of just that. And besides, if they are collecting data on my gameplay, I might as well show them how I play the game all the time. I don't want them to think all my sims do is woohoo!

But, for the challenge, they will definitely woohoo more than they normally do.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I got pretty bored after having my couple woohoo 15 times last night. lol. I realized I couldn't do a whole weekend of just that. And besides, if they are collecting data on my gameplay, I might as well show them how I play the game all the time. I don't want them to think all my sims do is woohoo!

I'm glad you are enjoying the game and entering the challenge with such great spirit! :)

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    As sad as it is, I only have my simmies woohoo to get babies or if they need a quick fill of fun/social. Other than that it's like meh. Lol. I'll probably make more of an effort this weekend though. I want a new haristyle. xD

Too bad there's only like two ways to woohoo so far. :(
  • Options
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    As sad as it is, I only have my simmies woohoo to get babies or if they need a quick fill of fun/social. Other than that it's like meh. Lol. I'll probably make more of an effort this weekend though. I want a new haristyle. xD

You can woohoo in space, in the big telescope and in a tent too :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member

Things were pretty sweet and romantic in my game ...for about ten minutes.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Going to start the woohoo challenge right now.
    This is the couple i created:

daj0FjN.jpg
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    XopaxPax wrote: »

daj0FjN.jpg

Nice :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I'm glad you are enjoying the game and entering the challenge with such great spirit! :)

I'll just rotate through all my families and make sure they contribute!

• Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »

daj0FjN.jpg

Nice :)

Thank you, but i'm really bad at making Sims. :(

tenor.gif
  • Options

I guess you did. Plus it's a game...

omg, no way... mind blown. A game?! Does anyone else know that?!

• Options
    If my boyfriend walked up to me today and said 'Hey, how many times do you think we can woohoo this weekend?', I'm pretty sure that wouldn't read to me as romantic in the least and the answer would be zero.

Sorry... still reeling from this reply and now having to wonder if I have a normal relationship... considering this question is asked all the time by both parties and the usual response is "Game on"... and here I thought we were a sweet couple...

lol, yeah.. We've been together for over 25 years. Been there, done that and then some. I expect a little more out of him these days.

• Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited February 2015
    Xoxk9 wrote: »

You can woohoo in space, in the big telescope and in a tent too :)

Thank yah Thank yah. ;) I didn't know you could woohoo in the big telescope & I forgot about the tent! :dizzy_face:

• Options
    RonaldtheWizardRonaldtheWizard Posts: 67 Member
    edited February 2015
    I made sure even my loner Sim did his part (had to doublecheck, thank god sharing was on). Rocket, observatory, bed, observatory again, tent...Observatory again...I'm going to see how long he can keep it up. She's noncommittal, so he's got that going for him. Bring on the naked gnomes!
    Post edited by RonaldtheWizard on
  • Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    I am on baby #8 of the 100 baby challenge and have 26 woohoos recorded right now. I'm sick at home and unable to leave the house (except for my quick trip to the Dr today). There might be a nap in order later, other than that just going to keep plugging along.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Sorry... still reeling from this reply and now having to wonder if I have a normal relationship... considering this question is asked all the time by both parties and the usual response is "Game on"... and here I thought we were a sweet couple...

lol, yeah.. We've been together for over 25 years. Been there, done that and then some. I expect a little more out of him these days.

OK... so it is considered normal to have "challenges" :relaxed: I was just saying on the Valentine's day image thread that I really liked the image of the elderly couple because long time love is very romantic (assuming that these sims dont represent the modern day divorced grandparents who are on their first OKCupid date). Congrats to you and your partner and happy valentine's day.