Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twins rate increased?

I am working on a Legacy family, and just had the 4th generation born. So far, I have had 5 sets of twins in the 4 generations I have been working on.

Starter Sim had twins.

One of her daughters (twin) and both of her sons had a set of twins.

Now her grandson and his wife just had a set of twins.

No one has the fertility treatment. No mods.

Do I just have a Sim family where twins are common? (is that really a thing?) Or did they up the chances of twins? I have had them before, but just not this many in one family! lol I am limiting my Sims to two pregnancies each (other wise it gets too hard to keep track), but it is resulting in quite a large family, due to all the twin births!! lol

Comments

• Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Same thing is happening to me , i've also had my first set of triplets.I play in rounds so it's A bit overkill when all my families are having multiple births.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • akakaty1akakaty1 Posts: 2 New Member
    All through TS3 I had gotten twins like twice...
    Now I have gotten them probably 4 or 5 times now. The houses were getting too large for comfort, so I downloaded a mod to fix it.
  • SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member
    Have you patched your games since December? The twins bug which reared its ugly head with the Dec. patch was supposedly fixed with the January patch. It is a nasty, nasty bug those twins *bleh*.
    CxevBFV.gif
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited February 2015
    my game is completely patched up to date. I didn't have this problem until very recent. Possibly with the last patch or with Outdoor retreat.

Ps . the only time I get single births is if the house is full.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member
    I suggest one of you make a thread in the bug section and then all of you post in that thread this bug is not fixed. It can be a bit of fun to have twins at first but when it does not stop (in ever household) the game becomes very overwhelming. For Legacy players it especially becomes unplayable. The Gurus really need to know that the bug has not been completely addressed by the patches!

I do know they read the Bug & Tech forum if none of the others around here. Good luck simmers. You can always delete a baby, as cruel as that may be :\
    CxevBFV.gif
  • PrincessRainbowPrincessRainbow Posts: 132 Member
    I don't get twins EVERY pregnancy, it just seems like it's happening more than it used to. My game is also patched to the current one.

I don't mind it. Kinda added it to the story line, since there were so many twin births! I am going to continue on and see what happens. :)
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    I already made a post in the bugs forum. I created 4 couples to play in rotation. All new sims and no fertility enhancements. 3 couples had twins and the fourth had triplets. And yes you have to be patched to play so I am thinking something in the February patch must have undone the January fix??

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/815239/multiple-births#latest

kim :\
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Smooch wrote: »
    I suggest one of you make a thread in the bug section and then all of you post in that thread this bug is not fixed. It can be a bit of fun to have twins at first but when it does not stop (in ever household) the game becomes very overwhelming. For Legacy players it especially becomes unplayable. The Gurus really need to know that the bug has not been completely addressed by the patches!

I do know they read the Bug & Tech forum if none of the others around here. Good luck simmers. You can always delete a baby, as cruel as that may be :\

It also becomes unplayable for rotational players. Since the February patch, 4 out of 6 couples that have tried for children have had twins. Given the limited number of neighbourhoods for expansion, this is unacceptable, and given the number of players that say they don't have any problems or glitches whatsoever, I give up.

There was a change after December. It was supposedly fixed after February. But it was not properly fixed back to the way it was before December. The chance that was drastically increased for twins after December. It was minorly decreased from December after Feb. But it is nowhere near what it was before December.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • angelpuppy2angelpuppy2 Posts: 162 Member
    i just got triplets for the first time :p
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Yea it is terrible I got two triplets pregnancies, one twins and one normal pregnancy out of 4 I tried . This is so wrong
  • YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    I'm getting twins on the second birth.
  • cefthycefthy Posts: 45 Member
    I've been getting twins and triplets almost every pregnancy too, although I like it since I'm doing a 100 baby challenge.
    “If there's one thing I've learned, it's this: We all want everything to be okay. We don't even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.”
    ― David Levithan
  • GiminaGimina Posts: 73 New Member
    I recently started playing Sims 4 and my very first pregnancy was twins. All was good until her husband decided to get himself electrocuted. So here was this poor new widowed mom of twins. She didn't even have a job though I'm not sure how she would have found the time to work anyway. It's been fun trying to keep up but playing several families with twins would make me short circuit.
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    I started playing in January. I started with 4 families, who between them have 5 set of twins. Only one of them has ever not been successful when trying for baby, and it is continuing as the kids grow up, move out and start families of their own (More twins, and always successful when trying for baby). 2 of the original families have the fertility trait, but once I realised that even the families with no family traits and no fertility traits were ending up as 8 sims households really fast, I decided no one will ever get the fertility trait again. I love playing big households, but I also like the "break" I get when playing smaller households on my rotation, but they just don't stay small very long in Sims 4 with the way I play. All these twins, and the small amount of residential lots in the game is making me worry that my game won't last long.
  • youcrAzy13youcrAzy13 Posts: 213 Member
    Yeah twins and triplets are VERY common in this game, thats why i feel the fertility trait is a waste.
    Always and forever, Alyssa Edwards
    bibbby%20b.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    This mod gives different options for changing the odds: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=544944
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • QuelsimmyQuelsimmy Posts: 531 Member
    I've had 3 births in my current legacy family but no twins so far... I did get a lot of twins and 2 triplets as an ...effect of the woohoo-challenge c':
  • AiyoAiyo Posts: 85 New Member
    I am still having this bug even after GTW, there are two mods out there that can help with this. Only install one of them.

The first resets the chance to have twins etc back to the base chance 89/10/1 (single/twins/triplets), she has also made a 75/20/5, 70/20/10, and a few other flavors. Choose the one that suits you.
    website: Mod The Sims, Number of babies odds modifier, by pekesims
    Pros: It works
    Cons: it hasn't been updated since before Outdoor Retreat, so the fertility potion from that ex-pac has no effect. (If someone wants to update this, you'd have my eternal gratitude)

The second allows you to choose haw many children you want, so choose if you want to always have singles, twins, or triplets, and install that mod.
    Pros: It works / no surprises
    Cons: All fertility enhancements are useless / no surprises