Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiple Births

In the January patch it was said that the odds of multiple births was reduced. I just started a new game. Created 4 couples and started playing rotational. None of the couples has a fertility enhancement. Three of the couples had twins for their first birth and the third had triplets. No single births??? So is this borked still? I just find 4 for 4 really high odds!

kim :\
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    In the January patch it was said that the odds of multiple births was reduced. I just started a new game. Created 4 couples and started playing rotational. None of the couples has a fertility enhancement. Three of the couples had twins for their first birth and the third had triplets. No single births??? So is this borked still? I just find 4 for 4 really high odds!

The odds each time are something like 1/10 (well about real-life odds), and they're rerolled with each birth, not taking into account other births. So it could just be a fluke of probability. If you want to be sure of keeping the odds lower, there's a mod at Mod the Sims for that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    Since its "fix" I have had 10/10 multiple births 9 twins 1 set of triplet. Very annoying as my towns almost at the limit with all these twins! X
    Gallery xbecky685x
    So maybe there is still an issue ???

Abraham Lincoln

• MegasaurusMegasaurus Posts: 134 Member
    I've had 3 sets of twins in a row as well, so yeah things must not be as fixed as they thought.
    There were others in the general forum that said they too were having an extraordinarily large number of multiple births also. So did something in the Feb. patch, mess up the fix in the Jan patch???

Abraham Lincoln

• SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    There's definitely an issue. I have tons of multiples throughout my game. Since there's no story progression I go around and play each household improve relationships get jobs and of course start families. I'll check in on the households and every last one of them have a set of multiples. Also, there's tons of girls being born it's rarely any boys.
    Exactly. The patch may have fixed it. As I really was not playing much then I do not know. All I know is there seems to be the issue still/again. And it is annoying!

Abraham Lincoln

• SupernovurSupernovur Posts: 55 Member
    Well if you guys think that's crazy, my male sim is the proud father of 22 kids - all of them twins! That's 11 sets of twins all in a row! All on the same play through! HAHA My sim's army of kids are going to take over both neighbourhoods!
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,641 Member
    Yup, I've now had yet another set of twins!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • ImSoSciFiImSoSciFi Posts: 63 Member
    I'm having this issue as well. I'm doing the same thing that @brandyd83 is doing since there is no story progression. All of them have been having multiples! It's really annoying.
  • ChazLee86ChazLee86 Posts: 296 Member
    The only time I have ever had a single birth in my game was when my household already had 7 sims in it, so 1 baby was all the game would allow...I do find it pretty annoying.
    http://sims4100babies.blogspot.co.uk/ Check it out! Enjoy as the drama unravels...