Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Crocs. XD Or socks with sandals.

Have you ever own Crocs?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Crocs are ugly, but if they were comfortable for me, I wouldn't let that stop me. But I find them terribly uncomfortable so that's the end of it for me, I won't buy them even though all the cool 4th graders are once again wearing them with the little earrings on them. I think they call them charms, but they look like earrings on shoes. Whatever, I won't be wearing them so I don't have to learn the names of the trinkets.

Have you ever worn bell bottoms aka flare leg pants?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I was a teen in the late-90s and early 2000s, so yes. At the time I loved the look of them over some chunky boots. The downside was my short legs. The bottoms would drag the ground and would cause them to fray. Eventually, the seam would just be dangling off the rest of fabric. Also, rainy days were a nightmare. Mud-stained, torn flares are not cute.

Which fashion trend would you want to see make a comeback?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    Um, I'm not too sure. More emo clothes, I guess. LOL.

Do you own a home phone?
    832XG3D.gif
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2022
    Retro Boho beach bum. Kind of a cross between the 70s and summer. Same question.
    edited July 2022
    Yes, I own a home phone, (how else do you find your cellphone when it's lost and no one else is home to call your cell phone from theirs? lol

Care to share a pic of what you mean by retro beach bum, @cyncie ? That might be my preferred summer thing too but I can't tell without looking.

Fun question so my fashion dream comeback would be...well, different for women than for men.

I'd like to see higher waists stay a thing because they are more comfortable and more flattering on every figure, every gender, because everyone looks better with a waist and a shape and nobody looks good with belly overflap.

Also, longer sleeves again: I think baby cap sleeves are unflattering on women, and men's casual shirts or short-sleeve buttondowns with really short, small-fitting sleeves, are not only uncomfortable, they look silly in my opinion.

So: more sleeves, at any length: fuller cut, more cloth, less super-skinny and tight everything because it looks bad on everyone except those who look fantastic naked, and that's almost none of us. Even those who look that great, look better in something that fits well instead of binding and pinching. I like a good drape, and clothes that allow freedom of movement.

I forgot to ask something again so here goes:

What fashion do you wish would never come back?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Whale tails, the thong poking out of the top of hip-huggers. The super pointy boots from the early 2000s. Mullets, even though they're already becoming a thing. Rat tails.

I like that question and I also can't think of anything to ask. Same question.
    Oh man, @SweetieWright_84 ! I had forgotten about the thong thing. Then there were thong liners that people wore in an attempt to address the icky reality of what thongs otherwise collect. I just see it as a good reason to not wear them.

The other thing I really hated back then was when someone wore their pants slung so darned low in the front that they had to shave What Lies Beneath so the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ hair wasn't on display. That plucked chicken ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ bone was terrible to behold, though! Nobody likes seeing that! The two who did it (a guy and a gal) weren't entertainers, weren't doing it artfully for a willing audience, they were just gross. Like plumber crack but on the front. Ew.

The super-pointy toes that some women notoriously got a pinkie toe chopped off in order to wear? Another fashion disaster that should remain buried in the annals of history.

The one I'd least like to see return, though, of them all, has to be the glamorization of women looking like they are on death's door from starvation and/or drug abuse. I know absolutely not a single person attracted to women, who ever reacted to that look with anything but horror and pity. So women destroying their health in pursuit of it, aren't achieving any goal there to be more attractive, they're making themselves husks, risking damage to the heart, brain, kidneys, and liver, even risking death, for nothing.

I've known how easy it can be to slip into restrictive disorders so I have compassion for people who suffer that way and hope they seek the help they need to overcome it and live full lives. But I think any media promoting it is pure evil.

The Olsen twins, Ally McBeal: we don't need ever to return to glamorizing eating disorders, media-driven body dysmorphia, etc. Fashion and media do hold responsibility to society, not to glorify and motivate people toward self-harm, though.

What positive changes do you see coming about in pop culture (and/or fashions) in recent years?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    That it seems much more inclusive and diverse than it used to be. Am especially pleased to see more women with a variety of body shapes, skin details (e.g. moles, vitiligo, tattoos) and disabilities in fashion/beauty adverts, and that people are now being encouraged to celebrate themselves instead of being made to feel ashamed of anything that seemed 'different' from what was shown in the media.
    I would like to see an increase in the range of wide-footed shoes for women (as well as a drop in price!), and also shoes for straight-footed women (as not all of us have foot middles that curve inwards).

Good question so same again!
    I don't know if this is considered pop culture but there's more bands now that are going back to the early 2000's rock/alternative/metal sound and I'm all here for it. Tho, this is more like a positive change to me only and not like the rest of the world in general. ๐Ÿ˜‚

You have to write a song. What would it be about?
    832XG3D.gif
    that's a hard one, because I've never tried writing a song before. If I did it would be something silly and farcical or sarcastic, like a Monty Python or Weird Al song. Maybe something about How a Bill Becomes a Law (and it is nothing like what we were taught in school, that was supposedly the way things work in this country...now it's legal to just buy the rules you want, if you can pay enough to lobbyists, and if you can't, oh well, this land ain't your land).

Where would you choose to live if you had no choice but to emigrate, but could pick where?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    As in leave my home country? Scotland. If I didn't have to move, I would just stay put. I like where I am.

What has been the highlight of your day so far? If your day is just starting, what was the highlight of yesterday?
    One of my colleagues just asked me if I'm up for giving her 'art tuitions' on how to paint portraits. I just find that cute that anyone would be interested to pay me to teach them. I don't even know how to teach. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I don't even know what I'm doing half of the time when I'm painting. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Biggest compliment you've gotten?
    832XG3D.gif
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yes, I own a home phone, (how else do you find your cellphone when it's lost and no one else is home to call your cell phone from theirs? lol

Care to share a pic of what you mean by retro beach bum, @cyncie ? That might be my preferred summer thing too but I can't tell without looking.

Fun question so my fashion dream comeback would be...well, different for women than for men.

I'd like to see higher waists stay a thing because they are more comfortable and more flattering on every figure, every gender, because everyone looks better with a waist and a shape and nobody looks good with belly overflap.

Also, longer sleeves again: I think baby cap sleeves are unflattering on women, and men's casual shirts or short-sleeve buttondowns with really short, small-fitting sleeves, are not only uncomfortable, they look silly in my opinion.

So: more sleeves, at any length: fuller cut, more cloth, less super-skinny and tight everything because it looks bad on everyone except those who look fantastic naked, and that's almost none of us. Even those who look that great, look better in something that fits well instead of binding and pinching. I like a good drape, and clothes that allow freedom of movement.

I forgot to ask something again so here goes:

What fashion do you wish would never come back?

@ignominiusrex retro beach style, to me, is sort of MCM throwback summer style. For me, itโ€™s capris with peasant tops or loose tees, kimonos and a straw hat in summer. Maybe jumpsuits. Tunic sweaters, comfy boots and jeans in winter. Layered jewelry. For guys it might be retro patterned shirts, tiki shirts over a tee, jeans or shorts and fedoras. Loose and comfortable with a retro hippie vibe, basically.
  • BECKYB576BECKYB576 Posts: 344 Member
    Why can I not get into my my saves. Ever since the last patch, itโ€™s not coming up?
    edited July 2022
    Why can I not get into my my saves. Ever since the last patch, itโ€™s not coming up?

Did you remove your mods? If not, remove them all, update the ones that need updated. If you don't play with mods, I have no idea what could be the problem.

This thread is for non-game related questions. It's a fun little game for people who just want to socialize. You will get more help about the game in the General Discussion section. If your issue is mod-related, there are some really helpful people in the Mods section.
    DeKay wrote: ยป
    Biggest compliment you've gotten?

How well-behaved my kids are out in public.

Oops, forgot to ask a question.

What is your lifelong dream?
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
    Being a popular singer.

How are you feeling today? Today hasn't treated me well and it's only 2pm. ๐Ÿ™ƒ
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: ยป
    Being a popular singer.

How are you feeling today? Today hasn't treated me well and it's only 2pm. ๐Ÿ™ƒ

I hope the afternoon picks up for you, lovely. :)

My day is off to a good start! Feeling fab!

If you could have any superpower what would it be?

Thank you tho I don't think that would happen.

I would want teleportation.

Same question.
    832XG3D.gif
    Telekinesis.

Same question because I like it, it's late, and I'm out of brain power.
  • WorramotWorramot Posts: 52 Member
    Mosquito powers

Do you like macaroons? :)
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,066 Member
    Yes, I have. To me, it tastes very similar to chicken but not quite as tender.

What is your favorite hair color?
  • kcanan27kcanan27 Posts: 25 Member
    > @Kendrana said:
    > Yes, I have. To me, it tastes very similar to chicken but not quite as tender.
    >
    > What is your favorite hair color?

Can anyone answer these? lol im so new to this im afraid of doing something wrong and getting kicked haha
    If anyone cares my favorite hair color is Blonde but like white blonde! No brassiness!! lol