Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    Not so much a hoarder as lacking motivation and energy. I have Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, so my energy supplies are limited. Cleaning out stuff doesn’t usually wind up at the top of the to-do list.

What was your most embarrassing fashion faux pas?
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited May 2022
    Yard sale? Donate? I probably should take my own advice, I still have clothes from high school. I've been out for 20 years.

Are you a pack rat/borderline hoarder like me?

Save them a few more years, then make a killing selling them as vintage, online? XD

Or if any still fit, wait til they come back in style. Everything does sooner or later because there are only so many ways to drape cloth over a human form and we endlessly repeat things.

cyncie wrote: »
    Not so much a hoarder as lacking motivation and energy. I have Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, so my energy supplies are limited. Cleaning out stuff doesn’t usually wind up at the top of the to-do list.

What was your most embarrassing fashion faux pas?

I think it was in junior high, I was still a halloween nut (and am to this day, even more so in fact) but other kids were too sophisticated for that by the age of 12, so I wore something that I got teased for. They called me the Jolly Green Giant. I just went along with it, going 'Ho ho ho."

I didn't get teased often because first of all I was bigger than most anyone else, then, and secondly, I knew how to weather a storm with outward calm, so after a few tries, if you laugh along, they lose interest.

Forgot to ask one.

What did you ever get teased about?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,654 Member
    Wearing glasses

What would be at the top of your list of things you'd like a do-over for?
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Oh, so many things but nothing at the same time. One the one hand, there are tons of things that I should have done differently. On the other hand, making mistakes and learning from those mistakes is how we grow and gain wisdom.

If I had to choose, probably speaking up more when I was younger. I tried to avoid conflict as much as possible, I still do to an extent, and wouldn't call someone out for being rude or mean. I didn't want to rock the boat. Now I'll sink it if I think someone is being rude, mean, or a bully.

I like that question, it makes you think. Same question
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Maybe try even harder to be better at work? I've been doing things that are in my comfort zone and not pushing myself too much right now.

Are you someone who always tries to be the best?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I try to be the best I can be. I don't try to be 'the' best. Somebody always comes along who does whatever it may be better than I can.

What motivates you the most?
    Seeing other people do better than me and me wanting to be on the same level or better than them. 🤣🤣🤣 Sorry, but it's my blood. LOL. I guess it's cuz when I was in school, my mom would always push me to be top in class every semester. So I just got used to being competitive like that. 🙈 It sounds like it is a bad thing but I don't think I would be where I am today if it weren't for that.

What color dominates your wardrobe?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I don't really have one specific color. I wear what I like but I will say I don't own anything white except socks.

What is the funniest thing you've seen this week?
    My sim Zoey and her day on the slopes.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18116780#Comment_18116780

Same question
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    Agent 47: i NeEd To UsE tHe BaThRoOm.
    https://youtu.be/J8rJ1TOREj0

Are you an open or closed book? Feel free to detail.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
    edited May 2022
    @SenpaiCanberra in here, if a past question interests you or speaks to you, by all means go ahead and answer it too.🙂
    DeKay wrote: »
    Seeing other people do better than me and me wanting to be on the same level or better than them. 🤣🤣🤣 Sorry, but it's my blood. LOL. I guess it's cuz when I was in school, my mom would always push me to be top in class every semester. So I just got used to being competitive like that. 🙈 It sounds like it is a bad thing but I don't think I would be where I am today if it weren't for that.

I get what you're saying, and I do have a little bit of that in me, that competitiveness. I'm realistic about my skills and limitations though. There are some things where I'm close enough to the people who are the best that I strive to get that little extra to be up there with them. I don't feel like I've found that one thing that I'm really gifted at, yet. It's part of that process of learning about the real me as I come out of the shell my choices and circumstances put me in.

I'm a bit of both. When I'm around people I'm not familiar with or not comfortable with I'm closed. When I get to know someone and feel a connection with them then I start to become an open book. The deeper and stronger the connection the more open the book becomes. I have two or three people in my life that get to see the fully open book. I feel so close with them that I can tell them pretty much anything.

I really like this question, so let's hear from at least one more member of our quirky little family,
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member

For a long time I was a closed book with several locks, some of which I temporarily lost the keys to. In more recent times I've got better at opening up about my interests and feelings but there are sections of my book that still need a bit of time to get to know and trust someone before they become fully unlockable. If I feel that I can't trust someone to treat my interests, feelings and opinions with respect then I will stay closed, but if it's someone I know will not judge me then I will open.

You're given some paint and a canvas. What do you paint a picture of?
  • QueenQuntyQueenQunty Posts: 2 New Member
    Can anyone tell me why I can't place fences Inside of others? My lot has an enclosed fence. Trying to put a fenced garden in a section on same lot and it's not allowing me? Help 😩
    Can anyone tell me why I can't place fences Inside of others? My lot has an enclosed fence. Trying to put a fenced garden in a section on same lot and it's not allowing me? Help 😩

Hi! Welcome to the forums! :)

If you draw the fence from the house, it will make a foundation/room. Try redrawing the fence but start from somewhere other than the house. Without screenshots of what's happening, I can't really tell you exactly what to try. You're a new member so you can't post pics or start your own thread until you reach member status.

Maybe try the Totally Random and Comments thread, here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989829/ts4-totally-random-comments-and-questions#latest

This thread isn't for the actual game. It's a little off topic game where we ask completely random questions not pertaining to anything Sims related..most of the time.
    You're given some paint and a canvas. What do you paint a picture of?

Probably a stick figure because I'm not artistic at all.

Same question
    A landscape, no doubt about it. Not that it would be the one I see out of my window. All I see is the trailer park across the creek from me. But I can project my mind into a mountain meadow full of flowers and wildlife. Snow covered peaks in the background. Better yet, project my mind to Fjords in Norway. I am so there....

If you could have a superpower what would it be?
    Teleportation.

Would you rather have a good dream that you could remember or have a good nap in the afternoon?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited May 2022
    A good nap. If there is some sort of significance to my dreams, I remember them--good and bad. Plus, a dream is just a dream, and doesn't do anything for me. A nap, on the other hand, does.

Do you have any reoccurring dreams?
    Rarely.

What is your hair color?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,274 Member
    Same as in my avatar, blonde.

Do you dye your hair?
    cUrfGkA.gif
    Nope.

Do you have a lit up keyboard for your computer/laptop?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Boring unlit keyboard here.

Do you use the voice recognition feature on your TV remote?
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    I don't.

An envelope was dropped on your door step, would you open it?

Meh. That happens all the time. It’s usually just religious tracts from the church up the hill or someone wanting to clean my gutters. I don’t have gutters.

Bath wash or bar soap?

Bath wash. It's funny that I'm sort of grossed out by soap bars after they sit in the shower but I love watching soap making videos on YouTube.

Do you like to watch soap making videos?