Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    usually really good ones. I loved science.

What was your favorite academic subject?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,838 Member
    History.

What was your least favorite academic subject?
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    "Social Studies" because most of the time, it was taught as this throwaway subject, by teachers who had absolutely no interest in making connections between what happened, and why. Health class was similar, and both were generally regarded as "throwaway" classes because a potato could get "class participation' enough to pass.

History is is the what, geography is the where, civics and political science are the how and why, and in "social studies" they just seemed to throw random factoids against the wall to see what would stick, then give us a read-the-paragraph-and-fill-in-the-blank worksheet to do that involved skimming for key words and regurgitating them on the blank.

I loved it the few times I encountered a teacher who didn't treat it like a throwaway subject, though. And I loved learning about it on my own.

What could you write an essay about, right here, right now?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited April 2022
    Um... post hardcore music and bands and stuff.... LOL. That... or about social media. I actually wrote an essay before about whether the internet is more of a blessing or bane, for a school test paper once and it got printed as an example of a good paper for the rest of the cohort to see. 😅 That was kinda nice really cuz my Eng teacher at the time always talked bad about me and saying things like I would fail the class cuz I always looked uninterested when she's teaching, etc.

Anyways, I digress. Hahahaa. 😂

Fav movie genre?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Comedy. Laughter is immensely important to me. I think it's one of two or three things that kept me sane so far.😁 I was into horror movies and action movies as a teenager but now I rarely watch those. I suppose I still watch action movies because of the Marvel movies. I'm never really sure what genre those belong to? Dramas are gaining ground fast but I doubt they overtake comedies as my fave. After I watch something dramatic I always go back to something funny.

Favorite music genre?
  • Options
    Post hardcore.

What's your fav type of weather?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Sunny, warm, low humidity.

What’s the funniest thing you ever saw?
  • Options
    It was many years ago on a live news report. A local water treatment plant had a deer get into one of the tanks. A fire department water rescue team was sent to get the poor thing out. It was a large tank so they put a small boat in the tank. Two firefighters in this boat. Now this was all being broadcast live on the 5 o'clock news from the stations helicopter. I'm laughing so hard remembering this.

So they come back from commercial, the anchor says something along the lines of "we want to take you back to live coverage the rescue at the water treatment plant. We have our helicopter up bringing you live footage of the rescue". What made it so funny was, and btw the deer was fine, as he's saying this the picture from the helicopter shows the two firemen, one in the bow shading his eyes from the sun staring intently forward...meanwhile his partner is in the back of the boat bailing like a madman. His hands and the bucket were almost a blur he was bailing so fast! The only faster way to get water out of a boat then what he was doing would be to get it out the water and drill a 3 foot hole in the bottom. I have never witnessed anybody bailing water faster than this guy, the tv anchor is oblivious to the bailing, his partner in the boat is oblivious too. My hands are shaking and my ribs hurt from remembering that.

Same question, I can't think of anything else right now!!!!
  • Options
    ApostolosJenApostolosJen Posts: 35 Member
    My cat was sleeping on the bed with me. He rolled over and fell off the bed. In frustration he meowed. Jumped back onto my bed and started to attack my toes out of anger. "Um, excuse me sir. You falling off the bed was not my fault." Then, he jumped off the bed and walked grumpily to the cat tower and slept there for the rest of the night. :D :#
  • Options
    ApostolosJenApostolosJen Posts: 35 Member
    > @ApostolosJen said:
    > My cat was sleeping on the bed with me. He rolled over and fell off the bed. In frustration he meowed. Jumped back onto my bed and started to attack my toes out of anger. "Um, excuse me sir. You falling off the bed was not my fault." Then, he jumped off the bed and walked grumpily to the cat tower and slept there for the rest of the night. :D :#

My question for the next person:
    Have you ever had a dream and thought it was real? Meaning, let's say a year later, you were like "did this happen to me or was that a dream?"
  • Options
    Yes. But not like a year later tho. It's more like during the dream, it feels real and then when I wake up, I realize it's not.

Have you ever cried in your dream and realized you were actually crying in real life too when you woke up?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Yes, and asking for help. I woke myself up.

Do you wear a pyjamas at night?
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Yes, this has happened several times when I've dreamt something sad and it makes me wake up sad too.

Have you ever dreamt about waking up and getting on with your morning routine or job, then woke up and discovered you hadn't actually started the day at all?
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Yes. But not like a year later tho. It's more like during the dream, it feels real and then when I wake up, I realize it's not.

Have you ever cried in your dream and realized you were actually crying in real life too when you woke up?

No, but then again I rarely if ever remember my dreams. Frankly it worries me a bit that I don't.
    Yes, this has happened several times when I've dreamt something sad and it makes me wake up sad too.

Have you ever dreamt about waking up and getting on with your morning routine or job, then woke up and discovered you hadn't actually started the day at all?

Something along those lines this morning, I woke up thinking it was a work day. It didn't occur to me it was Sunday until after I had climbed out of the shower.

How often do you remember your dreams after you wake up, and for how long?
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    There are dreams that I've had years ago, which I still remember parts of very vividly. I don't have dreams that I remember that well very often, which makes me wonder, are there lots of other dreams that I've completely forgotten or do I just not dream very much?

Same question.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I would say I can remember like 70% of the time when I do get them? For how long, I can remember them, well, that depends how memorable it was. I have very bad short term memory anyways. 😂 But I kinda feel like most of the time, I don't even have dreams? My brain just totally shuts down (I know it's not totally, I'm just saying that for dramatic effect. XD)

Do you have a celeb crush? Who is it?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Nope.

You missed my question above, so here it is again:

cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    Yes. Maggie Koerner. She isn't the most famous person, which is a shame, but to me she just looks like a human teddy bear. You just want to give her the biggest hug.

https://youtu.be/vdRuRfo1e6c

Same
  • Options
    No!

You missed my question again:

cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I'm so sorry! Yes I do. They're not technically pajamas, just a long tee and leggings, but they're pajamas to me.

Have you read the book Good Omens? If yes, how many times?
  • Options
    No.

Fav foreign food?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Dish? Lamb Vindaloo

Country? Italy

Can you write haiku?
  • Options
    Anyone can write a haiku as long as they know the formula, so yes. :D

Or are you asking me to write one now? LOL.

Fav art genre/type?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    If I need to do
    I could write haiku for you
    But I don’t need to

Do you grow your own vegetables?
  • Options
    DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    I used to but then I started to forget about them