Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    No, never saw a moonbow, I'm assuming it's like a rainbow made by moonlight? It would need to be pretty strong moonlight and probably very little atmospheric light pollution.

What is a hobby you haven't done in a while?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited March 2022
    @cyncie wrote: »
    SweetieWright_84 our psychic powers have finally manifested….

How so? I mean you've read my mind a few times in my Autocomplete thread.
    Also, I agree with the favorite and least favorite things about spring. This time of year, I hate living in the south. Luckily, I have the mountains to my west and they filter a lot of the worst weather out. I couldn't live in Texas or the mid-west without a storm cellar. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind having one now.

I don't really have any hobbies outside of the Sims. I never stick to anything but I used to do digital scrapbooking. I don't have the program on my computer anymore though. As a kid, I liked to skate but there's no place nearby to do that. Plus, the fact that I haven't skated in nearly 20 years and would probably get killed these days.

I know, I'm boring. I have accepted it and even embraced it. :D

What habit do you have that irritates other people?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited March 2022
    No, never saw a moonbow, I'm assuming it's like a rainbow made by moonlight? It would need to be pretty strong moonlight and probably very little atmospheric light pollution.

Yup. Usually a full moon at the right angle and a misty waterfall. And, yes. Very little light pollution. They are usually a silver bow, but if the moonlight is particularly strong, colors will appear. They can occur in several places, but there are only a few locations that have regularly occurring Moonbows.

Playing ukulele. My performing group got sidelined during COVID and I got lazy.

Car trip or air travel?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Car trip. But train is my fav. Sometimes too long in the car makes me motion sick.

Do you think everyone's smile is pretty?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    Car trip where possible. Airline cabins are not easy for claustrophobia, though I did cope on a long flight by having a window seat and looking out. If I couldn't get a window seat, I would want an aisle seat. One thing that really bothered me was knowing and seeing the length of the cabin pointing downward as we approached the final part of the flight. It was just freaky to be able to tell it wasn't level. I wasn't expecting that but of course it makes sense.

Dance: what kind of dancing would you like to do, or do you like to do?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    I also love the Reese's peanut butter eggs but my all-time favorite Easter candy is Sweet-Tarts Chicks, Ducks, & Bunnies. I also love the Cadbury caramel eggs and Whoppers Robin Eggs. I absolutely hate Peeps.

What's your favorite and least favorite things about spring?

I completely forgot the Caramel Cadburys. I love those!🥰

I've never tried ballroom. I have to put that on the bucket list.
  • Options
    I just watched the first episode of Moon Knight on Disney Plus. It was good enough to draw me in, and was a good psychological thriller til almost the end, where it got a little corny, and then at the very end, that's where I was like "ok yeah this is a Marvel thing, all right." because that's when it stopped being psychological thriller and just went to comfortingly familiar levels of cornball.

But it's rare for something to get my attention like it did, so I want to keep watching. To my horror, there was no other episode. I couldn't binge watch. I'll have to wait. Just like old times when you had to wait til that same weeknight to see the next one. A good thing, I guess.

Anyone else watched Moon Knight, and if so, what did you think? Or if you haven't, what do you think based on the trailer?

Trailer:

https://youtu.be/x7Krla_UxRg
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    No, I'm not watching it. I usually love Marvel stuff but this one just isn't drawing me in. 😅 I'm gonna be honest, a lot of the stuff that Marvel is putting out in this phase just seems like a bore to me. Maybe cuz the superheroes aren't ones that I am familair with. They have a bunch of TV show stuff like She-Hulk, Ms Marvel, and all that that I'm just gonna skip.

I'm more looking forward to the new Doctor Strange move cuz that's gonna bring characters that I knew so that's gonna be more fun.

What's your fav subscription site?
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    I will have to look into the Doctor Strange thing. I desperately need something to like. I can't help but agree with you about the "too much Marvel" feeling as of late. Honestly, I was being slightly sarcastic about the "comfortingly familiar" part of the Moon Knight. ff I'm brutally honest, it had me right up to the point that a pursuing creature was painfully, obviously, weirdly unable to catch a man who wasn't even fleeing that fast because it was busy zigzagging all over the place in pursuit of a slow-moving target running in a straight line. :sleepy:

Right now my favorite subscription site is Curiosity Stream even though I'm not currently subscribing. I should, though, it was good last time I did, and I'd rather learn about how things are made or how horrible insects are, than be continually disappointed by the lack of brains behind popular shows.

I still plan to watch the next episode of Moon Knight, just to be sure, but I did get called a D for my snark about it at the end, by someone who said he hated watching things with me because everything isn't Mystery Science Theater 3000. He has a point, that's not nice of me. I should keep quiet. But I also think that if they would quit making shows that so invite ridicule, the problem would solve itself.

Tell me about Doctor Strange?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    Never watched it. I'm really behind on Marvel movies and TV shows (?). I only just watched "Thor: Ragnarok" last week.

I'll pass that question on to someone that can give a better answer. Same question.
  • Options
    Doctor Strange was a surgeon who got terribly injured so he could not do surgeries anymore due to his shaky hands. He went to find a place where he heard could fix his condition.

This is the trailer for the first movie.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h7gvFravm4A

Who is your fav fictional character?
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    After much reflection, and being surprised by how hard it was to come up with any fictional characters I could think of as liking enough to be a favorite, I reached way back in my personal history and settled on two characters, who work together or not at all: Fritz Lieber's Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser. I wonder if I'd still like them if I re-read those books now? I was like 12 at the time.

Also, I like to ship them in my imagination :)
    They would make a very believable and excellent couple.

Favorite fictional book or television series, and why?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    The only one that comes to mind is Sue Heck from "The Middle." She was always so optimistic. No matter how many times she failed, she kept trying. She was an uncoordinated goofball but was full of kindness and compassion. Kids in her school had no idea who she was, they thought she was a foreign exchange student, but she treated everyone the same.

I like that question. Same question.
  • Options
    Fav TV series: Agents of SHIELD. The story telling is just amazing. Like, literally the best I've ever seen. It has compelling stories while not making complicated storylines that are so confusing like a lot of other TV shows with lots of seasons do. And the characters are all awesome and they are really like a family (even tho they're just a team of spies and a couple of superheroes). I love them so much!! I cry when they cry and I smile when they smile. I feel like they're also part of my family. 😁

Last movie you saw?
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I just realized I totally misread the previous question. 🤦‍♀️

"Thor: Ragnarok" at my mom's. She wanted my youngest son to see it since Thor and Hulk are his two favorite Marvel characters. Also, mine as well.

Have you ever seen the movie "The Green Mile?"
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    Yes. About a dozen times.

HYE seen Apollo 13?
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Yes. Great movie.

HYE been to Cape Canaveral to NASA?
  • Options
    No.

Any plans for the weekend?
  • Options
    Nope.

Fav space movie?
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    The last one I saw was Interstellar, if I recall. It was good and suspenseful. there was another one I really liked before that, trying to recall. Can't remember. Another good one was Pitch Black.

for fun and hokey, Men In Black was cute. Not what I think of when I want "scifi" but it's listed as that apparently. It's "scifi" about as much as Spaceballs. ;)

What would you like, if someone were to take you out for a good time?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Interstellar and Pitch Black are great movies, love them.

I like those dinner boat cruises on the lakeshore, those are fun.

Who are your favourite celebrities that you follow on social media?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Mostly, I follow band guys on Instagram. But the only non-band guy I follow is Logan Miller who's an actor.

pSWfJ2k.jpg?1

Fav Pokemon? :P
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    Pikachu haha :P I like Squirtle too though because I love turtles actually, I think they are really cute.

Favorite bowl of soup to eat on a cold day?
  • Options
    Chicken Soup but there really isn't a cold day here in Singapore. Hahaha.

Do you have a habit that you know is a common pet peeve of others?
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    Oh haha, Singapore looks beautiful though I'd love to go on vacation there.

I twirl and fuss with my hair a lot.

Do you prefer shopping in malls or ordering online?