Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,841 Member
    Nine or ten.

Hip hop or reggae?
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Rock and EDM depending on the timeframe, according to Spotify. Both of those are very vague and encompass a lot but I do listen to a lot of subgenres of both.

Weird Al had it about right, this is what horoscopes would look like if they dared to be oddly specific and negative, instead of comfortingly vague and mildly positive:

https://youtu.be/7Hp9I3P88vs

Anyone want to play the "guess my Zodiac" game? If it's not real, you have a 1 in 12 chance of being correct anyway.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No, I could never get myself to stay interested in Jane Austen, despite hearing she's such a great author, but I get so bored with too many relationships to focus on, and lose track and interest. i just want something besides relationships as a reason for a book.

Am I wrong about Jane Austen? did I give up too soon?

A valid question, sent you a message. Her work is deeper than most, more going on than a simple story. Everyone has their own valid tastes, though.
  • Options
    @DeKay I just realized I missed your question on Chinese zodiac. Monkey

Your oddest talent?
  • Options
    The only talents I have that are unusual or odd, are not forum-friendly. So let's go with something not at all unusual: I'm handy with tools and coming up with ways to fix things if the "right" way isn't available. Sometimes with comic results.

Cool one, so same question, hoping someone else has an odd, but SFW talent to talk about!
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I don't have any odd talents.

Fav Asian food?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Sushi

Fav Mediterranean food?
  • Options
    Maybe a tossup between real lamb gyros, and fried falafel balls. Any food that comes in a ball shape just gets a +10 for desirability though, isn't that odd? Pancakes are good, the little ball-shaped pancakes called Ebelskivers, are incredible. Cake? Good. Cake pops in the shape of balls on sticks? Cake+10. Ice cream, good. Ice cream in a sphere-shaped scoop, or as a cup of tiny balls (those "dots" things)? Even better. Melon chunks, nice, but melon balls? Ooo super fancy! What is it about balls, that we like to eat them so much?

Favorite ball-shaped food?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Chocolate mochi! Yes, there's something quite fun about food that's shaped into little balls.

Same question.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Cheese balls, Whoppers (chocolate covered malt balls), meatballs...I could go on but I won't.

Favorite way to eat crackers?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Just by itself. I'm always a just by itself kinda person for pretty much any food. Chips, no dip, fries, no dip, Oreo cookies, no need the milk. Heck, I even eat cereal just like that without milk. 😂

Same question.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    With cheese.

On average, how many times a day do you check social media?
  • Options
    A slice of sharp cheddar on top.

Favourite movie character?
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    With cheese.

On average, how many times a day do you check social media?

about 2 x day
    A slice of sharp cheddar on top.

Favourite movie character?

I don’t have any one favorite.

Do you like fried cheese?

• Options
    Yum and eww. Depends on the mood my stomach is in. Somedays fried food is fine, other days that greasiness is too much.

If you could be an occult, any occult, irl, would you become one?
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    No way. Sounds terrifying.

If the earth was being destroyed and you could only save one plant, flower or tree, which would you choose?
  • Options
    What would be the point of saving just one? If earth was being destroyed and life on the planet would no longer be possible, how would it survive? If you mean save it and bring it to another place hospitable to life, then I would hope to choose a bedrock species that lays the foundation for all others, but I don't know what that would be, and honestly no one single species holds that seat, all by itself. Life requires an interdependence and many keystone species are necessary to keep it viable.

If I were being purely romantic and emotional instead of scientific or practical, I would be hard-pressed to choose between the Sequoias and Redwoods of the West Coast, or the Giant Chestnuts and Hemlocks of the Eastern US (that are extinct or so close to it it hardly matters). I love giant trees and feel a terrible void where they ought to be, from their loss.

What animal species do you have an especially affinity for?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    What would be the point of saving just one? If earth was being destroyed and life on the planet would no longer be possible, how would it survive? If you mean save it and bring it to another place hospitable to life, then I would hope to choose a bedrock species that lays the foundation for all others, but I don't know what that would be, and honestly no one single species holds that seat, all by itself. Life requires an interdependence and many keystone species are necessary to keep it viable.

If I were being purely romantic and emotional instead of scientific or practical, I would be hard-pressed to choose between the Sequoias and Redwoods of the West Coast, or the Giant Chestnuts and Hemlocks of the Eastern US (that are extinct or so close to it it hardly matters). I love giant trees and feel a terrible void where they ought to be, from their loss.

What animal species do you have an especially affinity for?

@ignominiusrex
    Kind of wishing I asked 'what's your favourite plant, tree or flower' :cold_sweat: since I hadn't deeply thought about the question. The point of saving just one, I think would be to honor and cherish in nature what you love the most, what gave you the most joy and comfort in your life, even if it will be lost because it can't survive, um ... as you carry a seed of it in an little pot onto the spaceship taking you to another planet...

I have an affinity for unicorns and spent part of my early toddler years trying to turn myself into one after watching the last unicorn since I had a star shape birth mark on my forehead as a baby a little similar to Amalthea. Are unicorns a valid animal species?

Same question.
  • Options
    HonestlyBenjaminHonestlyBenjamin Posts: 381 Member
    None really. My favourite animals are penguins but I don't feel like I have an affinity for them.

Has it rained recently where you live?
  • Options
    Yeah. LOL. I live in Singapore and it pretty much rains every day. 😪

How many times a day do you floss?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Once. Excessive flossing and brushing can lead to receding gums. I also alternate between string floss and water flossing.

How much sleep makes you feel the most refreshed?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    9-10 hours. I can't function with less than 8.

Favorite meal of the day?
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Brunch is the most important meal for me, but my favourite meal is the dinner. The brunch feels "forced" because I need to eat something, but dinner I can just sit and enjoy.

Do you have a washing machine? If you do, is it a top or front loader?
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Yes, of course we do. It's a top loader cuz it's like super old school (like twenty plus years old). They don't make a lot of good top loaders no mo'.

Is there some new skill that you've learned recently?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    How to do formal academic papers the British way.

At the block of flats I live in our worn out top loaders have been replaced by new ones. Top loaders forever!

How many times have you watched the Bogie & Bergman classic "Casablanca"?