Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    The blank slate idea is hard to defend in light of modern science, as well as the experiences of parents everywhere. Kids come with "factory-installed software" and their own personality tendencies, and you can't make someone something they're not. It doesn't mean influence is worthless, but it can only tweak the settings like sliders, magnifying one tendency and reducing another. Or it can cause dysfunction, like PTSD from trauma. It can't make someone something they are inherently not, even if they try due to pressure.

Interactions with the world around them, the state of their gut biome and exposures to pathogens and pollutants, all interact with the individual epigenetically too, so it's increasingly hard to separate our genetic state from our metabolic state, our state of health, mood, and cognitive state.

Do you have wanderlust?

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Tw1stedAng3lTw1stedAng3l Posts: 49 Member
    I used to. I hated being in one place too long. Now though, not so much.

Do you ever lose a day by daydreaming?
    About me: ☆Mama☆Gamer☆Caffeine Addict☆Artist☆Hopeless Romantic☆Bibliophile (Bookworm)☆Nerd☆Writer☆

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. - Mahatma Ghandi
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    No, I only daydream at night like before I go to sleep. If that even makes sense. XD

Do you ever daydream in the day?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    All the time.

Do you ever imagine what your life would be like if you were a Sim?
    About me: ☆Mama☆Gamer☆Caffeine Addict☆Artist☆Hopeless Romantic☆Bibliophile (Bookworm)☆Nerd☆Writer☆

• AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    Honestly, I'm not so sure I'm NOT a sim. And let me just say, whoever is controlling me is a total kebab stick -_-)

What is something you considered strange to eat but once you tried it, you were surprised to find you enjoyed it?
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    To be honest: it was a pregnancy craving. Chicken nuggets dipped into dark chocolate icing. Discovered that little gem almost 11 years ago, when I was pregnant with my son. With my daughter, coconut. Always hated the texture....now I love the stuff.

What is something you always wanted to do bit you're too scared to try?

edited March 2021
    hmmm. The things I'm too scared to try, I don't actually want to do, and the things I want to do, I'm not too scared to try.

I don't ever want to try skydiving. Too scared and don't want to try it. I do want to fly a helicopter, and wouldn't back out if I had the chance, so, not too scared to try it. See the conundrum?

Same question, maybe the next person has something they both want to try, and are too scared to dare risking.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Charla97Charla97 Posts: 66 Member
    As the simmer above said sky diving was something I always was eager to do but too scared to do. However I recently found out I have cancer with a 6 month prognosis so I've since been sky diving, I was still a bit scared but just felt like why as I'm facing far scarier things. Other things I used to be scared of was roller coaster, going boating and flying in a plane. I've now done all of these.

What is the craziest thing you have done?
    I'm pretty sure I can't mention it on the forum. Maybe going down the street in the wee hours in my bedroom slippers to rage at the people with that kind of noise going on. They listened to reason.

@Charla97 I'm sorry you're facing the unimaginable. <<<hugs>>> because uncomfortable silence is a terrible thing people do when they don't know what else to do and I bet you've had your fill of that already. You're here now. You deserve being heard and seen and not having to face a situation where everything's pretend-normal.

Same question!

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited March 2021
    @Charla97 ☆hugs☆ I am so sorry you're facing this Doll. We are here for you.

Like TSAM, I am pretty sure I can't mention it on the forum. However, one of the craziest things I have done is move to a new place knowing I would be homeless upon arrival.

Same question, as I am hoping someone can answer with the absolute craziest thing they have done!
    Post edited by Tw1stedAng3l on

I don't know. Probably randomly yelling out of frustration in public. XD

Have you ever told a stranger off in public?
    832XG3D.gif
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    I have not

Do you know how to do the cup part of the Cup Song?
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    No. I tried to do it when I was like 10 or something but failed miserably. XD

Do you have any “weird” food combinations that you really enjoy?
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
    Not that I know of. I just eat weird combos everyday anyways. Like apple with mayo. Or blueberries with mayo. 😂 But this is what happens when you eat salads all the time. You just throw everything together.

Same question.
    832XG3D.gif
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    I like tuna and pecans in my salads. Though I don't know if that's considered weird. If it is though, that. :D

Are people naturally drawn to you as a person/ to your personality?
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
    I don't think so.

Same question.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Nope. I’m generally a very quiet and reserved person.

Do you pour the cereal or the milk first?
    I don't eat cold instant cereal, but back when I did (as a kid!) cereal first. I'm a weirdo, possibly part alien, but what kind of sicko puts milk in a bowl then pours cold cereal on top of it?!

Milk first in tea is barbaric, but acceptable. But milk first with cereal is really strange.
    Me being intolerant and judgy XD

What have you ever eaten for breakfast that others might think is strange?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Hmmm. Maybe cold pizza? Or cold lasagna.

Do you eat any big protein foods for breakfast (like the meat or egg kind)?
    832XG3D.gif
    oh, you make my mouth water. I used to LURVE cold pizza for breakfast, especially with anchovies and jalapenos. And cold lasagna is great too!

Yes. I used to make veggie fritattas, but these days I am lazy in the morning and just have a whey protein or eggwhite shake, usually with spinach or kale.

Have you ever gone fishing?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I have. It was fun.

What is a funny "learned your lesson" experience that you have had?
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
    Can't think of one. Most of them are probably not that funny. 😅 Maybe the latest one was to not make coconut Flour bread with loads of baking powder and eggs... Even tho I followed the recipe as it was... 🙈

Do you have any projects you're working on for fun?
    832XG3D.gif
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    I used to love video editing, but lost my inspiration, and I have a few unfinished projects on my PC. Sometime soon I want to continue with one.

Same question, because that's a good one!
    I have a birthday commission for someone and I'm also painting an "OC" which I rarely do.

What made you start playing The Sims?
    832XG3D.gif
    Seeing it on display at Best Buy. It had it's own section and everything.

How much time to yourself have you had today?
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png