Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Hmmm. Maybe Malcolm in the Middle.

Fav current song?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited February 2021
    @DeKay I looked at some examples and quickly realized I might not want to try it after all. I was thinking only a few inches tall, nothing I'd have to duck to get through doorways with. But then I realized. Thin hair on top plus my age? Maybe I will just not. :blush:

It was my favorite for a moment but I still really like this

Go go - Bomberjak

https://youtu.be/--oAW7mh42s

of course, it sounds like junk from Youtube. Highest fi on Spotify with slamming bass on a good speaker, though, and it gets me up out my chair.

https://youtu.be/--oAW7mh42s

Forgot to ask a q:

what makes you laugh?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Hmmm.... I like Alonzo Lerone videos. He's fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Dy3Ap-T9g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22lIFFU9ywU

What fun thing did you do today?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I played Sims3. In fact, I lost track of time doing that.

Oh no, I'm watching that poor guy attempt to make Hollandaise in that...contraption of a glass mixing bowl as a dIY double boiler. It's not going to work well.

Poor guy! Hollandaise is easy but you have to have appropriate equipment. If you're gonna do a DIY double boiler it needs to be a saucepan not a thick glass mixing bowl. Oh no, his Hollandaise has overheated and now it's grainy.

I want to rescue him so badly. LOL and that poaching attempt, yes...hehe hotdog water LOL I love this guy!

I'd be a rent-a-chef for cuties like him.

right I was supposed to ask a question.

NOOOOOOO!!!!! CHewing noises in my ear! GAHHHHHHHH!

*headphones off*

People who have loud chewing sounds and mouth noises seem not to be able to help it, but swallowing especially. Swallowing is nice unless I have to hear it.

Is there a noise other people can make that you just cannot stand up close and personal?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    I played Sims3. In fact, I lost track of time doing that.

Oh no, I'm watching that poor guy attempt to make Hollandaise in that...contraption of a glass mixing bowl as a dIY double boiler. It's not going to work. The glass won't conduct heat properly or it might heat up enough over mere steam but I don't think his Hollandaise is gonna ...yep, it's not working for him and it's because of wrong equipment.

Poor guy! Hollandaise is easy but you have to have appropriate equipment. If you're gonna do a DIY double boiler it needs to be a saucepan not a thick glass mixing bowl.

Haha, yeah, I don't understand people who use glass bowls as double boilers. Then again, my house doesn't have any glass bowls cuz my mom doesn't wanna deal with glass equipment. :D Except for some of the glass containers we used for baking.

I love the part where he was struggling with the ham. LOL.

What's your fav source of protein?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    that's a tough question!

When I'm busy or don't want to be bothered, a scoop of whey protein powder.

But for sheer indulgence, sirloin tips grilled on skewers outside so that they have grill marks on the outside and are still dark red on the inside, and I rend those with my teeth. For a more civilized experience, I'll barely sear a steak, rest it well, then carve with a razor-sharp knife across the grain at a slant for maximum tenderness and serve with the wine-red jus it exudes while resting.

For seafood, I love scallops and squid, and like dried cuttlefish too.

What's yours?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Chicken. For seafood, tuna or dory, or crab, or prawn.

Have you ever tried the bean boozled challenge?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Which one? But yes I have.

I don't like jelly beans much.

Do you like jelly beans?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, but it's hard to get them here. I like chewy foods. :)

What was the last dessert you made?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    It was grain-free vegan brownies, made from just peanuts, bananas, cacao, a little evaporated cane juice (fancy-schmancy non-refined sugar basically) and a bud of a green plant that is quite legal in my state.

But those are more for effect. The best dessert I made recently was that cherry pie. got to do that again sometime soon.

how about you, what's the last dessert you made?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I made cupcakes with my little sister for my dad's birthday. That was in December.

What is your favorite breakfast meal?
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    Um... probably waffles. But I rarely have it. :\

Same question.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    if I were willing to go to the trouble to whisk together yeast-raised waffle batter the night before so it can rise and foam in the fridge, then heat cast iron 2-part waffle irons on the stove the next morning, those waffles made by that method are To Die For: light, super crisp on the outside and tender and light, flavorful and full of holes and sourdough-like complexity, on the inside. Lucky for me they take so much planning and effort or I'd be tempted to have them all the time.

oooo but that gives me an idea. I should make those for Valentine's Day! And serve them with strawberries and whipped cream. If I can locate my cast iron waffle irons that is.

Here's my guy eating waffles in Sims3:

1encNjol.jpg?1

Favorite everyday breakfast is either greek yogurt with blueberries plus coffee, or else a kale smoothie plus coffee.

Got any plans for Valentine's Day?
    Post edited by Nushnushganay on

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahaha, no. But I'm gonna make some coconut flour Cheddar biscuits for myself.

Are you feeling hungry now?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited February 2021
    Negative. Maybe in a couple of hours though.

What is your "I'm going to do that someday" goal? (or if it's a place go here someday.)
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    Have a real, slate-bed pool table again.

What would you buy for yourself if you were given a $500 gift card that you had to spend frivolously?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    I don't think there's anything that I wanna buy that's gonna cost $500 only. I was thinking TV but the TVs I want are probably gonna be more expensive than that.

Maybe I could make lenses for my other optical frames.

Do you like RnB or rap music?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Some. Who wouldn't drop everything and listen, if Mary J. Blige or Alicia Keys were to open her throat in earshot?

And I don't know what genre Ben Harper is but he's wonderful.

As for rap, there is some I like.

I'm listening to some right now, of a niche interest, and it's so distracting I can barely think of a question.

Do you have veiny hands?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Yes, very, particularly on the right. And I had never even paid any attention before. I knew they were very dry and wrinkly from a very young age, but I didn't realise they were this veiny!

I also have some permanent blue visible veins in front of my shoulder from a PICC line some years back that didn't get flushed when it should have. :'( It's ugly.

Have you ever had a tequila layback?
  • Options
    No.

What song are you listening to now?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited February 2021
    Missed the question. It was Mary J. Blige My Life

What is a favorite time waster of yours?
    Post edited by Arkane on
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    Um, watch YouTube videos, I guess.

Will you be busy today (or tomorrow, if it's evening time for you now)?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Just got back from being busy today, right after you asked that question. Hubs and I had our Valentine's date, this evening, kind of early so as to miss crowds at the restaurant. It was very atmospheric and cozy, and wonderful to be out with him. The place was pretty much empty when we arrived, was starting to fill by the time we left, so I think we hit it just right.

Roses and firelight, good beer and seafood, cheesecake for dessert. The sidewalk was so slick getting to the car after, with ice and sleet, that I had to hold on to his arm sort of under me, because if nothing else. he's sturdy and sure-footed and could break my fall! :D

I'm comically helpless on ice.

What's your idea of a romantic and satisfying dinner date?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    That sounds really lovely, Nush.

Hmmm. I'm not so much of a romantic person and I feel like everyone else can be more romantic to me and just surprise me. XD Bruh. I don't know. My ideal date would be just a fun date at McDonald's or something and then play arcade games after that. Cuz I'm just really young at heart. 🤣 I don't really know what kinda romantic dinner date I'd like, to be honest. Hahaa.

Same question.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Since no one else has stepped forward to answer this (and I deliberately gave it 2 days), and in some ways I'm a hopeless romantic (and in other ways, the opposite), I will say, your idea is something I'd jump at the chance to do if I could. McD's then hit the arcade? Wish I could! Corn allergy kind of wrecked McD's for me... I can eat dairy/egg/wheat/gluten/shellfish/fish/peanuts...but no, I had to go and have WEIRD allergies.

And the nearest arcade, if it even still exists, is a 2-hour drive away. Hubs and I used to love arcades though.

So if I were to come up with a hypothetical romantic dinner date for you, it would be somewhere with a dancefloor, good food and quiet service and comfortable, private seating, but not so formal as to feel fussy, or to put us on display. I would try to get you laughing and at ease. After they clear our table and are about to bring dessert, I would take your hand (assuming you were comfortable with that, but you said yes to a romantic dinner date so we're gonna risk taking your hand) and place into it a pair of front-row tickets to one of your favorite bands. How your hand felt in mine and whether you liked it being there, would determine pretty much everything else. And if you felt comfortable dancing, it would be a pleasure, but if you'd rather not, we could enjoy the city skyline and night air, from the garden rooftop and plan our trip to the concert over a nice after-dinner drink. I guess it could either be a romantic date or a wonderful outing as friends, depending on how you wanted it to be.

Of course that's a very stereotypical, kind of old-fashioned scenario. But "romantic dinner date" was the question so there it is.

I do wish someone else had answered the question, though. Would still like to know others' ideas.

So, another question.... hmmm. What class would you take (like skills classes or hobby or interests) if you could take any class you wanted?

xicwqMCm.jpg