Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited December 2020
    Young adult, human, no romantic relationship.

Is there a specific food/drink item that you have to consume everyday or there will be consequences, apart from basic ones like water?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Nope. I can't seem to do it. I've tried and it creeps me out how I can never relate to it, it looks so weird and nothing like me, and if I try to be brutally honest and realistic, it's even worse, this ugly doppleganger.

But realizing that I did in fact come to play vicariously through certain Sims, was the start of realizing why any attempt at making a "simself" kept failing. My sense of self was a mismatch to what I looked like, increasingly. So a simself I could relate to and as, would need to reflect my inner reality, rather than my outward one. But strangely, during all that, my outer manifestation actually started changing, which also happened earlier in life. It's like being a changeling, to an extent. No wonder trying to make a simself was so difficult.

Who knew the Sims franchise could be so revelatory.

Do you use the game for realism, to try out a certain kind of lifestyle that you might otherwise not have access to, or do you like to push it to the limits, do crazy absurd things with and to your Sims, and use it for laughs or entertaining extremes?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Hmm, mainly just for laughs and entertainment.

Since it's missed: Is there a specific food/drink item that you have to consume everyday or there will be consequences, apart from basic ones like water?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Leafy greens, and the consequences aren't serious, but I do notice I feel much more alert and energized if I have them, and noticed I felt off, when I didn't, so I try to start off the day with a kale or spinach smoothie.

Is there anything you'd do differently if you could relive your life 5 years ago?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe do like really really well in VFX in my uni so I can actually get a job at a big VFX company. My dream is to work on the VFX for like a Hollywood movie. :D

Same question cuz it's a good one!
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I would have been more careful of my health.

Is there a language you'd like to study but have no practical application for in life?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Japanese.

Do you like multiplayer games?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Not really online multiplayer but if it’s like Mario Kart with someone at my house or I’m playing an online game like Bedwars or Overwatch with someone else than I’m good with it.

If a Sims 5 trailer came out and it was showing off one specific thing the game would have (like Sims 4 Did emotions and 3 did open world), what would it show that would get you really hyped up for the game?
  • Options
    SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    For me it would be much more complex sim-personalities (and sim-relationships in-game). That if anything would create replay value! Hopefully it could come true with advanced and in-depth features such as customizable TS5-Traits and more unique behaviours/reactions/consequences added for different sim-personalities/in game-situations. There should definitely be a whole new section in CAS dedicated for creating cool, unique TS5-personalities in my opinion.

Same great question!
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • Options
    Hmmm. Bruh, at this point, I don't know anymore cuz the way they showed "emotions" with the Sims 4 on the first trailer was all a lie. I remember they made the old lady like "remember" something embarrassing that happened to her so I thought it had something to do with the relationship of that lady and that other sim, but it wasn't like that at all. 😂

Uhm, so I don't know what would get me excited... Maybe just something to do with wants and needs and fears, maybe? Cuz I really loved that about the Sims 2. Or opportunities in The Sims 3 also look fun.

Do you think there is going to be The Sims 5?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I think that will be a last resort if Sims 4 really starts going downhill since they are still coming out with packs. If people stop being as interested they might use Sims 5 as a potential for customers.

Fav Sims game?
  • Options
    The Sims 1.

Were/Are you home schooled?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    Nope.

Have you ever played ice hockey?
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • Options
    Nope. I can barely ice skate. No way I could do that.

Have you ever played college sports?
  • Options
    No.

Fav sport to play?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Bowling
    If you had to use 1 word to describe 2020, what would you say?
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    Bored (in the house) 😆
  • Options
    CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    Opps, forgot to add question...

What is a holiday/Christmas wish you have?
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Opps, forgot to add question...

What is a holiday/Christmas wish you have?

No more online classes XD
    Same question
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    I wish for all my fav band guys to have a good day. XD

Same question.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    That it snows for Christmas (and that we have a decent snow cover for longer than just that day).

Same question (because it’s a good one!)
  • Options
    That's a lot of same questions lol

I don't know. I don't really want anything. I guess just to hope my friends and family have a great Christmas. Oh yeah, also that I don't get woken up that early.

Top thing you want for Christmas that you might have a chance of getting (no saying new house or lambo or whatever)
  • Options
    Oculus Quest 2 (though that's not specifically for me, it's more a shared gift) and a Magic Butter Machine (again, not really so much for me, though I'll undoubtedly be using it)

But just for me? Some sweat-resistant sport earphones, the kind you can still hear what's going on around you, with. Hoping they'll have good bass.

And since it's a timely question, passing it along in hopes someone who hasn't had a chance to answer yet, gets it (though maybe a dedicated thread for that is a good idea).

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    I don't want or need anything for now.

Fav cooking appliance you have at home?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    hmmm...my Supaa Benri-ner is a device but no electricity so, not an appliance. Food processor then, followed closely by bullet blender for quick kale smoothies.

What's your favorite comfort activity?

xicwqMCm.jpg