Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to go home from the University?

My sim completed the University and graduated, but the game crashed while she was going home. How can I get her home? Maybe she is too borked to save?

Mylita
No friends requests, please.

Comments

• Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    Did you already save the game? I would delete your caches and replay that part over if you didn't save.

If your sim is saved and still at Uni, here's a way to fix it, but you need to use NRaas's Traveler and MasterController mods:

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/03/sim-cant-return-home-after-graduation.html
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I tried to fix it, but it didn't work. Luckily, I did have a prior save, so I started over from the first Tuesday. /Sigh But she is done and graduated. I'm very glad that is behind me. Thanks though!!

Mylita
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    Glad it worked out :) what did she major in?
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    anamafraanamafra Posts: 30 Member
    Glad you could save your sim.
    My sims are about to graduate as well, hope nothing bad happens.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2015
    It's wise to save as and file under another name (number them for instance).
    When everything's fine you can delete older saves after a while.
    And if things go wrong you can return to a previous save, like the OP.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    anamafraanamafra Posts: 30 Member
    I'll be sure to do that, thanks.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Glad it worked out :) what did she major in?

Business. But she was born rich (I cheat) and she'll never have or need a job. LOL I quit playing TS3 when TS4 came out, but I find it boring, amongst other things. Anyway, I just got back into 3, played the WA adventures with another character. Not sure how long I will keep playing 3 either though. Also back into reading mysteries, so trying to have a number of outlets and not be so addicted to TS.

Yes, using NRaas Saver mod taught me the wisdom of having multiple saves with 1 - 4 designations. I finally went to saving after every day in University, so I wouldn't lose so much due to the game crashing. Have no idea why it crashed there, but it did crash several times. /sigh

Mylita
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    In my case it's never crashes, 'just' bugs. Which is bad enough ;)
    5JZ57S6.png