March 30 - International Women's Day Q&A - Answers are ready! Take a look here!

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

  • Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    Thank you @Frogprincess_q ! I'm hoping to steal some time this weekend to sit down and do it all.. though it looks like my weekend is slowly being stolen from me. :(

    I do not want to 'adult' right now.. just want to play computer games all day..
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Hopefully, the graphics fixes won't take more than 5-10 minutes to put in place (plus a few reloads of the game) @Sim_Lucent. As for not wanting to adult I can soooo relate :lol: I wish you a weekend filled with blissfully absorbing gaming :)
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

    - Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    The fact that The Sims 2 is no longer obtainable from Origin but it's still on sale elsewhere. Unfortunately, that Sims 2 game is only on Mac which makes it annoying because most Simmers who usually post outside the The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 Mac Forums don't have a Mac meaning most people will never get The Sims 2 Super Collection which is exclusive to OS X.

    Sure it's possible to contact EA to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection if you have a Sims 2 game but any average Simmer could get annoyed when they see that The Sims 2 is still on sale but only on Mac when all they have are Windows PCs. Command & Conquer Generals has the same issue, it's not on Origin but on sale on Mac so Windows users can't buy the game. However, Generals is included in Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection as well as The First Decade.

    By the way, has anyone been able to get The Sims 2 recently?
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    The fact that The Sims 2 is no longer obtainable from Origin but it's still on sale elsewhere. Unfortunately, that Sims 2 game is only on Mac which makes it annoying because most Simmers who usually post outside the The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 Mac Forums don't have a Mac meaning most people will never get The Sims 2 Super Collection which is exclusive to OS X.

    Sure it's possible to contact EA to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection if you have a Sims 2 game but any average Simmer could get annoyed when they see that The Sims 2 is still on sale but only on Mac when all they have are Windows PCs. Command & Conquer Generals has the same issue, it's not on Origin but on sale on Mac so Windows users can't buy the game. However, Generals is included in Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection as well as The First Decade.

    By the way, has anyone been able to get The Sims 2 recently?
    i just got my ultimate collection a couple days ago. you must contact ea.
    I just got the Ultimate Collection today but it keeps crashing. :'(
    havent had any problems over here. the key is patience. let everything download. depending on your internet it can take a day or half hour. mine took a day. sigh. let everything install. once loaded...wait. let everything load. it may take a min the first time but after that everything should run smooth.

    your crash could also be the result of conflicting mods. if no mods are installed, uninstall and try again.

    free the sims!
    <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    i was able to get mine started downloading before we even got off the phone. the ea rep saw i had been a sims player for 15 years. my base game was registered in 2005. i also own sims 1 but it was registered in 2001 on an old pc thats long gone .
    free the sims!
    <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Still available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/The-Sims-2-PC/dp/B00009WNZA and a fair few people have apparently found it on ebay. If you get the right customer service person you can still get the Ultimate Collection through Origin once you have a legit code. I got UC less than a week ago and I wasn't actually asked for a code, despite having one. Perhaps, it was on my records as having owned them? I'm not sure which Sims 2 game you say is only available on Mac, @WinMacSims3 I have only dealt with the PC side.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

    - Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,397 Member
    Still available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/The-Sims-2-PC/dp/B00009WNZA and a fair few people have apparently found it on ebay. If you get the right customer service person you can still get the Ultimate Collection through Origin once you have a legit code. I got UC less than a week ago and I wasn't actually asked for a code, despite having one. Perhaps, it was on my records as having owned them? I'm not sure which Sims 2 game you say is only available on Mac, @WinMacSims3 I have only dealt with the PC side.

    The Mac version of the UC basically combines all of the games that were officially released onto the Mac into one package. Unlike EA however, Aspyr is charging for their version of the complete collection. But unlike EA, Aspyr has actually tweaked the game to allow for better usage on modern computers and based on the latest patch notes even fixed a few bugs (undisclosed what bugs were fixed).
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    Still available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/The-Sims-2-PC/dp/B00009WNZA and a fair few people have apparently found it on ebay. If you get the right customer service person you can still get the Ultimate Collection through Origin once you have a legit code. I got UC less than a week ago and I wasn't actually asked for a code, despite having one. Perhaps, it was on my records as having owned them? I'm not sure which Sims 2 game you say is only available on Mac, @WinMacSims3 I have only dealt with the PC side.

    The game only available on Mac is The Sims 2: Super Collection. For PC users, it's still possible to buy older Sims 2 games from Amazon and ebay.

    The new ones are expensive but used ones are cheaper. One word of caution is make sure the used copy contains a manual since you'll probably want to register and contact EA to get Ultimate Collection or you want play the older Sims 2 games. I'm not sure however if EA blocks you from getting UC if you have a used copy because if the code was redeemed. A similar issue with TS3 is you can get the game used but you won't be able to activate that game to get access to The Sims 3 website if the code was activated.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    This may be an odd question, but does anybody know if you can transfer games from one Origin Account to another? My fiance has the Sims 2 Ultimate collection on his account and I would prefer it if it was on mine so I could play it on my computer.

    Sorry if this is the completely wrong place to ask. :/
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 35,887 Member
    meggiewes wrote: »
    This may be an odd question, but does anybody know if you can transfer games from one Origin Account to another? My fiance has the Sims 2 Ultimate collection on his account and I would prefer it if it was on mine so I could play it on my computer.

    Sorry if this is the completely wrong place to ask. :/

    Hi :)

    I don't believe you can but... you don't have to have Origin running to play TS2 like you do TS4. If he will download it on your computer you can play it without his Origin account. :)

    From my experience.
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Indeed, I have set up the UC to bypass Origin. Just make a shortcut to the .exe

    Look in Program Files > Origin Games > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection > Fun with Pets > SP9 TSBin
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

    - Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 13,675 Member

    meggiewes wrote: »
    This may be an odd question, but does anybody know if you can transfer games from one Origin Account to another? My fiance has the Sims 2 Ultimate collection on his account and I would prefer it if it was on mine so I could play it on my computer.

    Sorry if this is the completely wrong place to ask. :/
    If you contact EA then you might be able to find someone nice enough to do it for you. I've seen people post here that they were able to get this done.

    Formerly known as Simasaurus09

    i7-7700K • 16GB • GTX 1070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    Oh! All of those are exciting news. I would rather not have to deal with EA since we do already have it. As long as it doesn't have to be checked by Origin to play each time then I could do that.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    meggiewes wrote: »
    Oh! All of those are exciting news. I would rather not have to deal with EA since we do already have it. As long as it doesn't have to be checked by Origin to play each time then I could do that.

    Only The Sims Medieval (unless you have DVD version) and The Sims 4 require you to sign in to Origin when you want to play. The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 don't require you to sign in to Origin even if they were downloaded through Origin.

    It's to note that The Sims 3 does require Origin activation but it only applies to the download releases. The DVD versions of the games (TS3 through Into the Future) don't seem to require activation except the Worlds Bundle or Worlds games. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    The Origin thing in The Sims 4 might bother some people if they tend to install another copy of TS4 on a different Mac/PC so their friends or something could play it. For older games (excluding The Sims Medieval), it's not an issue.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I just wanted to pop in and thank everyone for all of their help. I now have TS2 on my laptop and it plays beautifully. It only has some weird graphical things because of my super video card, but I do know what to do to do that. It is even more fun than I remember because I get to play with all of the expansion packs that I didn't get to play with before.
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,608 Member
    meggiewes wrote: »
    I just wanted to pop in and thank everyone for all of their help. I now have TS2 on my laptop and it plays beautifully. It only has some weird graphical things because of my super video card, but I do know what to do to do that. It is even more fun than I remember because I get to play with all of the expansion packs that I didn't get to play with before.

    By 'weird graphical things' do you mean black squares when your sim is walking? You can fix that by changing shadow quality to "medium" in graphics options. :)

    giphy.gif

  • CaroliineeCaroliinee Posts: 15 New Member
    This was so helpful!
    I didn't even have to give a code or picture or anything. They logged into my account, saw that I had a LOT of sims games, so there wasn't an issue with providing me the UC. Yay! I'm so happy haha.
  • CdCameronCdCameron Posts: 53 Member
    edited May 2015
    If anyone needs help with bad graphics, search up sims 2 graphic rules (put ur graphic card name here) and then browse untill you find something and follow the instructions :smile: also click the three dots ingame, click graphics options and turn everything to the max (including smooth edges) Hope I helped, message me if it doesn't work :wink:

    EDIT: I got the sims 2 ultimate collection free on origin by ea help after having a account for 2 months and i had plants vs zombies (free) syndicate (free) and the sims 4 create a sim demo (free)
  • jessikahhklairejessikahhklaire Posts: 44 Member
    I just got it, I didnt have to provide proof of owning any of them (I used to but I havent had any of them for a while) the advisor logged in to my account saw I had a lot of the sims 3 games and chatted with me about how sims 2 and 3 are his favourites then sent me the code for the ultimate collection :)
  • AineAine Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited May 2015
    I did the live chat, and the person I talked with was super nice - since I have a 64 bit windows 8, the only way I could ever play sims 2 was to get the UC version. They just asked me for a photo of my Sims 2 original CDs, then they added UC to my origin. :) Let me tell you, it was such a pleasant experience to just have the entire collection install all at once, instead of installing one cd at a time...ugh that was always such a pain.
    Allons-y!

    ---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    I did the live chat, and the person I talked with was super nice - since I have a 64 bit windows 8, the only way I could ever play sims 2 was to get the UC version. They just asked me for a photo of my Sims 2 original CDs, then they added UC to my origin. :) Let me tell you, it was such a pleasant experience to just have the entire collection install all at once, instead of installing one cd at a time...ugh that was always such a pain.

    OMG wasn't it just :lol:
    Congrats on getting the UC! :grin:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

    - Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • GamingMammaGamingMamma Posts: 18 New Member
    Does anyone have any tips on how to get though on live chat? I have been waiting on my 'less then 5 mins' wait since 10 am yesterday. I have refreshed and I redid (in another page) it and got the same thing. L :s L I'm thinking I might have to call on Monday. Also (dumb question) I want to make sure on this. Since Sims 2 is..well OUT I can't upload my codes to Origin right? :( :/ :(
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 4,198 Member
    Does anyone have any tips on how to get though on live chat? I have been waiting on my 'less then 5 mins' wait since 10 am yesterday. I have refreshed and I redid (in another page) it and got the same thing. L :s L I'm thinking I might have to call on Monday. Also (dumb question) I want to make sure on this. Since Sims 2 is..well OUT I can't upload my codes to Origin right? :(:/:(

    I don't know what the issue with live chat is, perhaps their servers are down at the moment. As far as uploading your codes and getting Sims 2 on Origin. My suggestion would be just to try and see what happens. I had all of my Sims 2 EP's and SP's on Origin until UC came out and I had purchased a lot of them from Amazon. They actually are still visible on My Games, but since I had to uninstall them to install UC they are grayed out.
  • AriesSalvationAriesSalvation Posts: 143 Member
    They are no longer doing that promotion. I just asked them.
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    They are no longer doing that promotion. I just asked them.

    That's weird. Some have been trying, even multiple times and they got their copy in the end. TL;DR Keep trying!
    Lift me up - Let me go
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top