Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Like/Dislike the Patches?

I for one completely enjoy the patches that Maxis has given out to us every month for The Sims 4.

Personally, it keeps me looking forward to something new with the game and every release it refreshes the game and makes me want to try new sims with the new added features. Although the release of the game was rocky, I feel the game has been completed (in the form of a base game) to including everything but toddlers and have had an exciting time in experimenting with new ways to keep the game fresh!

Do you like this idea of adding a couple new features in patches?

Comments

• JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    I so like the idea of the monthly patches too. It gives something fresh to the game since you can try most stuff in one sitting most of the time but if you like something in that sitting you most likely use said feature the next time you play as well.

I was never a fan of toddlers in past game but will be pleased to see what new experience it brings to the Sims 4 if and when we get it patched
  • SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    JPG619 wrote: »
    I so like the idea of the monthly patches too. It gives something fresh to the game since you can try most stuff in one sitting most of the time but if you like something in that sitting you most likely use said feature the next time you play as well.

I was never a fan of toddlers in past game but will be pleased to see what new experience it brings to the Sims 4 if and when we get it patched

Never really liked toddlers, whether in real-life or in the game. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Hopefully the others will be happy once they get it.
  • ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    BIG improvement. In the past, we had to pay for every little extra thing. Now we get stuff for free. Who doesn't like that?
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
    Simsocity wrote: »
    JPG619 wrote: »

Never really liked toddlers, whether in real-life or in the game. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Hopefully the others will be happy once they get it.

Me too my sister has two kids of her own and I mind them some time they can be a handful as well in the sims game but I am the same with you even if I hate something there will be someone who likes it

• simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    I love the fact they are releasing patches frequently.. it fixes my bugs and i get free content lol
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Simsocity wrote: »
    I for one completely enjoy the patches that Maxis has given out to us every month for The Sims 4.

Personally, it keeps me looking forward to something new with the game and every release it refreshes the game and makes me want to try new sims with the new added features. Although the release of the game was rocky, I feel the game has been completed (in the form of a base game) to including everything but toddlers and have had an exciting time in experimenting with new ways to keep the game fresh!

Do you like this idea of adding a couple new features in patches?

I LOVE the patches. With a PASSION.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    BIG improvement. In the past, we had to pay for every little extra thing. Now we get stuff for free. Who doesn't like that?
    It's not that they are free but more like they should have already been in the game in the first place. I'm not a fan of the whole waiting month by month to reclaim pieces that is suppose to be the rest of my base game....
    hEFcp6z.gif
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    It's not that they are free but more like they should have already been in the game in the first place. I'm not a fan of the whole waiting month by month to reclaim pieces that is suppose to be the rest of my base game....

You must admit it's better than the alternative: giving you all those things in an EP. I'm surprised they are doing this. I never would have imagined they'd give us pools/ghosts for free in a patch, regardless of how many people thought they should be in the base game. It takes money to pay people to make that content, and they aren't making anything off of it... I suppose they are hoping it increases sales in the future, but that is a gamble for them.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif

You must admit it's better than the alternative: giving you all those things in an EP.

or making us buy it from the store which is what everyone was thinking was going to happen...
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I'm glad they are patching in the stuff that should have been there at launch in for free (though I unfortunately believe they will make us pay for toddlers), but it doesn't change the fact that they gutted the the game in order to rush it out the door. They should have waited another 6 months to release the game and released it with all these features in and properly tested, now even if they put back everything they took out to rush it to release, a lot of people are angry that they released an unfinished game, and they've lost a lot of chance to start the game off with a bang.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I have been pleasantly surprised with the patches. It was really awesome of them to give us pools & ghosts for free, and went a long way in repairing my trust. It definitely makes me much more likely to buy upcoming EPs and GPs.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    simsluvr90 wrote: »
    Or making us buy it from the store which is what everyone was thinking was going to happen...

Game packs are the new store. ;)
    simsluvr90 wrote: »

You must admit it's better than the alternative: giving you all those things in an EP.

or making us buy it from the store which is what everyone was thinking was going to happen...

Right, yes, that too. RIP store. I don't miss you at all.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
    Andygal wrote: »
    I'm glad they are patching in the stuff that should have been there at launch in for free (though I unfortunately believe they will make us pay for toddlers), but it doesn't change the fact that they gutted the the game in order to rush it out the door. They should have waited another 6 months to release the game and released it with all these features in and properly tested, now even if they put back everything they took out to rush it to release, a lot of people are angry that they released an unfinished game, and they've lost a lot of chance to start the game off with a bang.

I agree. I wouldve gladly waited longer for a more finished game.... then itve wouldve been worth the $60-$90
  • LacrimosaRavenLacrimosaRaven Posts: 15 New Member
    The patches just make me want to play my game and they make me super happy! I also like to read the patch notes because of the way they write them. they make something that seems so boring super fun. Plus the patches are always an improvement. I had a glitch when I updated my game this month. That was annoying but the more we talk about bugs the more they'll get fixed, the better the patches will be and the better the game will be. It's the circle of life!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    I'm glad they are patching in the stuff that should have been there at launch in for free (though I unfortunately believe they will make us pay for toddlers), but it doesn't change the fact that they gutted the the game in order to rush it out the door.

Isn't it time to get over it? Clearly, they have seen the mistake they have made and are working to fix them, at no cost for us? Will you hang that over their heads eternally?
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member

You must admit it's better than the alternative: giving you all those things in an EP. I'm surprised they are doing this. I never would have imagined they'd give us pools/ghosts for free in a patch, regardless of how many people thought they should be in the base game. It takes money to pay people to make that content, and they aren't making anything off of it... I suppose they are hoping it increases sales in the future, but that is a gamble for them.
    That would have killed the series then and there if they sold the content they gave out in patches. They knew they made a big mistake skimming on all of this. There was no alternative at that point.
    hEFcp6z.gif

I like the idea of delaying the game but there are people that be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if the release date is push back so it can be win for some to wait for all the features or release it and give us the features later on
  • simsislife67simsislife67 Posts: 22 New Member
    Me too! It's like getting a little present every month. ^^

That would have killed the series then and there if they sold the content they gave out in patches. They knew they made a big mistake skimming on all of this. There was no alternative at that point.

Yeah if they hadn't given out those free patches, I never would have considered buying Outdoor Retreat, let alone the expansion pack, and I'm quite sure that a lot of other people feel the same way.

• TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I LOVE the monthly patches! So far I've found no reason to mod this game so patches don't interfere with anything. I love that they're working so hard to provide fixes for things. Such an improvement.

I understand what you're saying but you can't change the past now. What they did is done and you can either love it or hate it, but with the repairs they've made, you have to admit the game is great now. Open-world and CASt, yes they were fun and desirable, but the fact that my expensive computer couldn't handle this task half the time was absolutely ridiculous and I was excited to hear about it.

Yes, that's my opinion and I totally agree if you're disappointed that some things weren't added, but you have to admit they have definitely helped with repair the damage! :)
    I wouldn't say it's great, now it's better, but it still doesn't live up to the previous Sims games and I am doubtful it ever will. I'd love to be proven wrong though!
    I wouldn't say it's great, now it's better, but it still doesn't live up to the previous Sims games and I am doubtful it ever will. I'd love to be proven wrong though!

I shouldn't have said "great" but more so improved. It has passed The Sims 3 to me, which is my least favorite by far. The Sims 2 is still my top favorite but hopefully with more patches/EPs/GPs/whatever else they release, it'll help the game!
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I think the only reason we got all of that stuff patched in is because it was supposed to come with the base. They were already working on it but didn't have time to launch it with the game. Regardless of why, TS3 never ever got this many patches so soon after each one. If TS3 had gotten more patches to fix bugs it would be a much better game. I do hope they keep this up. I'm not even wishing for more free stuff (ok Toddlers yes). They really need to stay on top of fixing bugs. The only problem with that is it seems a new patch to fix things also breaks things. Maybe it's a problem with not fully testing the patches before hand but there is only so much testing they can do. Every computer is different so some people don't experience the same bugs.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/