Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dirty dishes everywhere

Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
AH! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

For some reason my sims can't wash up! I've tried moving the sink, buying a new one... I dunno what else to do. Is anyone
else having this problem? I had a similar problem with the pan - I've done a thread on it... it just went away in the end.

EDIT: I've just tried to get my sim to cook but every time it's taken the money but the action cancels and I don't get the money back. I must've lost $100 because of this which I need for bills!

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Most people are finding that Origin > right-click The Sims 4 > Repair Game fixes the cooking problem. Some people find that deleting a microwave fixes the dishes problem.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I never thought about that! It must've been when I bought the microwave... I'll try it.
  • Options
    EnawejEnawej Posts: 5 New Member
    I have this problem too and I dont own a microwave :-(
  • Options
    TvldivaTvldiva Posts: 70 Member
    Yeah I can no longer get my sims to watch dishes either and I don't own a microwave. I tried both my male and female sims but no luck.
  • Options
    KatzentanjaKatzentanja Posts: 74 Member
    You have to clean the cache files in the game. Worked for me...
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    They need to bring back death by flies .....
  • Options
    Hmm, maybe it's some sort of glitch.

@MsPhy‌ Yes they should LoL
  • Options
    Boon81Boon81 Posts: 25 Member
    This issue pops up some times It seems once the stack gets the proper sizes they wash. Examples party platters = 8 dishes + platter to finish action. This isn't always true but seems to be most often the issue. Simple resolve drag and drop dishes into sink or fridge if in fridge clean out bad food they will automatically wash. Buy a trash can for some dishes that don't wash ever drag and drop and get payed if you have the $1,300 one.
  • Options
    @Boon81‌ That's what I've been doing but gets a bit annoying having to drag dishes into bin all the time. This problem has stopped now but I have a feeling it was the microwave. Hope they get this sorted out in the new patch, I don't want to have to clean up my sims dishes for them because they have a microwave.
  • Options
    Boon81Boon81 Posts: 25 Member
    @Cookingpup99‌ I had to ditch microwave too got old making them remove food before doing dishes
  • Options
    @Boon81‌ It probably is the microwave then, really annoying!!!

• Options
    Archangel4lifeArchangel4life Posts: 47 Member
    Thanks for posting! Definitely the microwave in my case also.
  • Options
    @Archangel4life‌ Your welcome :) I find it easier to solve a problem asking.
  • Options
    WickedfoxxWickedfoxx Posts: 4 New Member
    Well, I deleted my microwave, cleaned out my Cache files and I'm still having issues. I can cook and eat. I can clean my dished. But once my sim leaves the lot (i.e. go to Museum, Work) the dishes they cleaned appear in their bin. So I've been "Clean up" then outside the Museum. Now I've got about 10 piles of ashes and "Filthy Surroundings" outside the museum. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Wickedfoxx wrote: »
    Well, I deleted my microwave, cleaned out my Cache files and I'm still having issues. I can cook and eat. I can clean my dished. But once my sim leaves the lot (i.e. go to Museum, Work) the dishes they cleaned appear in their bin. So I've been "Clean up" then outside the Museum. Now I've got about 10 piles of ashes and "Filthy Surroundings" outside the museum. Very frustrating.

interesting. have you tried to repair the game, open origin under my games right click on sims 4 icon and select. you may also want to only clean up inventory at home lot.
  • Options
    > @ceejay402 said:

> interesting. have you tried to repair the game, open origin under my games right click on sims 4 icon and select. you may also want to only clean up inventory at home lot.

I'm running Windows 7. I do not have a "My Games" but I do have a Games. Yes the Sims 4 icon is located in there and when I right click it, I do not have an option to Repair. I get Play, Run as Admin, ReadMe, User Agreement, Tech Support, Copy, Pin to Task, Pin to Start, hide Game and finally Check Online for Updates.

I would be very grateful for any directions on how to repair my game. I suppose I could just remove it and reinstall.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Wickedfoxx wrote: »
    > @ceejay402 said:

> interesting. have you tried to repair the game, open origin under my games right click on sims 4 icon and select. you may also want to only clean up inventory at home lot.

I'm running Windows 7. I do not have a "My Games" but I do have a Games. Yes the Sims 4 icon is located in there and when I right click it, I do not have an option to Repair. I get Play, Run as Admin, ReadMe, User Agreement, Tech Support, Copy, Pin to Task, Pin to Start, hide Game and finally Check Online for Updates.

I would be very grateful for any directions on how to repair my game. I suppose I could just remove it and reinstall.

sorry for the confusion my games is located at origin, so open origin client for my games
  • Options
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > Wickedfoxx wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > sorry for the confusion my games is located at origin, so open origin client for my games

Now I feel dumb. LOL. Thank you...got it repaired. =)