Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Barista skill ( Coffee shop!)

Hi Simmers!

What is your opinion on sims gaining a barista skill?

For example; opening up a cafe, baking cakes and serving coffee. :D
Aussie_Simmer

Comments

• ebomb23ebomb23 Posts: 242 Member
    I loved the barista job for teens in ts4, just wished that adult sims could join it. I'm really excited for this ep!
    UhDsviD.png
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I REALLY HOPE WE GET COFFEE SHOPS IN GTW! :)
    Aussie_Simmer
  • AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    A coffee shop/bookstore combo would be awesome.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I would like it back in Sims 4. Having a cafe that sells tasty baked items (scones, donuts, pastries) and coffee/espresso would be one of my favorite community lots. I love the idea of a coffee shop/bookstore too.
  • k3okik3oki Posts: 107 Member
    Would be so nice to have a barista skill like the others skills, then the Sim can learn and serve new coffee recipes
  • Kevsta26Kevsta26 Posts: 137 Member
    Yeah! I always thought we needed a Barista skill because it didn't really make sense for the teens who work in coffee shops to gain bartending skill xD
    I've suggested the barista skill to Sarah Holding on Twitter. See what she says. :)
    Aussie_Simmer
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I hope it's just a general store owner "skill" and not that specific. That way regardless of what kind of store you run, you'll be able to make better sells and what not by just having experience.

We are getting a baking skill so there's that.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
    Ayumap wrote: »
    I hope it's just a general store owner "skill" and not that specific. That way regardless of what kind of store you run, you'll be able to make better sells and what not by just having experience.

Possibly a trait....
    Aussie_Simmer
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »

Possibly a trait....

That'd be cute. :) Maybe an Aspiration that gives a "Love to Bake" trait?
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Much want!
  • SimsLovahSimsLovah Posts: 394 Member
    ebomb23 wrote: »
    I loved the barista job for teens in ts4, just wished that adult sims could join it. I'm really excited for this ep!

Theres a safe mod for adults and elders t have teen jobs :)

I've never used mods in any of my sims games.
    UhDsviD.png
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    I love the idea I already created a coffee shop called ( scenic brew) that I can't wait to expand and add some baked goods and so on. New appliances I hope sooo excited!!!!! Umm can we get a dishwasher please!!!!!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • LordKacjLordKacj Posts: 148 Member

There is a mod that allows the Teen jobs for adults! My founder Sim started working in the coffee shop, and he was still working there as a elder!
    Origin ID: 'LordKacj'
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    *wanders back to this thread*

I should add... I would REALLY like to own and run a coffee shop, OFB styleee. Just having the teen job enabled for adults and a skill isn't going to do it for me. I'd live a barista bar, like the one from TS3 Uni life, but I want my sims to be able to tend it like a professional bar. Or have the option to 'hire and employee'. I want my sims to be able to go and hang out at a trendy hipster coffee bar where they have a live band, or someone reading poetry at the mic.

Did I ever mention I'm addicted to coffee? :#
    *wanders back to this thread*

I should add... I would REALLY like to own and run a coffee shop, OFB styleee. Just having the teen job enabled for adults and a skill isn't going to do it for me. I'd live a barista bar, like the one from TS3 Uni life, but I want my sims to be able to tend it like a professional bar. Or have the option to 'hire and employee'. I want my sims to be able to go and hang out at a trendy hipster coffee bar where they have a live band, or someone reading poetry at the mic.

Did I ever mention I'm addicted to coffee? :#

Yes! I'm also a coffee addict as well. ;)

I totally agree with everything you're saying!
    Aussie_Simmer
    LordKacj wrote: »

There is a mod that allows the Teen jobs for adults! My founder Sim started working in the coffee shop, and he was still working there as a elder!

I'm still a little hesitate using mods in my game... might be my inexperience with them and don't want to mess my game up.
    Aussie_Simmer
    I'm still a little hesitate using mods in my game... might be my inexperience with them and don't want to mess my game up.

Same here. I always see a lot of interesting mods but I can't bring myself to try them.

UhDsviD.png
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I like the idea and would like to build a café, coffee shop when GTW comes out.
    Also when this EP comes out I am looking forward to seeing some real nice shops.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Hi Simmers!

What is your opinion on sims gaining a barista skill?

For example; opening up a cafe, baking cakes and serving coffee. :D

There is no barista skill, and I don't know what they could really do with one, but there will be a baking skill now that I can't wait to see!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Person92Person92 Posts: 184 Member
    Awesome! That means a wider variety of coffee. I don't use the coffee machine because it only brews one type: Basic.
    Origin ID is: Person92
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Baking skill sounds fun. I guess I should break out that huge cupcake maker....Why is it sooo big lol
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest