Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

trying to download high end loft stuff

So I bought this cd rom like years ago, still works. Bought sims 3 like last month, and it's installed on my computer. When I put the cd into my computer, it's telling me unable to download because you must have sims 3 installed. I do? I even have the launcher open. Help?

Comments

• Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    Try looking for a solution on Crin's help blog: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/

I think this is an error where the Base Game from Origin is newer than your CD-Rom version of HELS. This is because Origin didn't even exist when Sims 3 and certain SPs/EPs first came out.

Alternatively, try registering HELS through Origin. I believe you will be able to install from the internet as a download from Origin, instead of via the CD-Rom. You'll still need the registration code from the manual. Good luck!!
  • kittensquadkittensquad Posts: 110 Member
    Well, I originally brought the game through steam.
    I don't see any post on my problem.
    I tried searching for more info on this for you. It seems that you can't mix the Steam version of Sims 3 with any of the old CD-Roms or DVD version of the base game. You can mix CD-Roms and DVDs with the Origin version (they are compatible). Here is the info: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/dlc-compatibility-alert.html
    alright cool. but it says don't click download origin button click the info button. i don't see that. where is it?
    @kittensquad, I believe that when you have Origin installed, you can click on the "i" button on the game icon in your MyLibrary. That's how you can see the serial number and do other things. I'm not at my gaming computer, so I can't check at the moment to see how it looks.