Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Countdown Until Mac Release..... (OFFICIALLY RELEASED!)

SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
edited February 2015 in Mac - Technical Discussions
The game has released for OS X/Mac, so now, come on over and have a shindig with us! :)

Thanks EA/Maxis for releasing this game, finally~ :disagree:
Post edited by Simsocity on

Comments

• SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    I really hope you all aren't disappointed with it. It's not very good.

:/

I did get to play with it on my older HP computer but couldn't stand the graphics as my card was very old. I enjoyed the game itself and since have bought Outdoor Retreat and preordered the new EP. Can't wait to play it!
  • Meow_its_DanforthMeow_its_Danforth Posts: 86 Member
    I've been playing the Sims 4 on my husbands PC and I have had to plan my playtime around his laptop usage so in 8 more days I will be over the moon with joy and free to play at my own leisure yet again!! WOO HOO!
  • CourfeyracCourfeyrac Posts: 81 Member
    Eep, I'm so excited! My birthday is the 16th, so it'll be a nice present! I already own the game and play through Bootcamp but it's such a pain to have to reboot every time I want to play, so I'm really looking forward to the convenience more than anything. Plus, I'll be able to free up that space on my Windows partition which can go towards something else.

To prepare I'm abstaining. I've been itching to play lately but I'm just gonna hold out for the next week or so and then when the 17th comes, I'll be even more excited! A few days before hand I'm going to transfer over all my CC and probably download a bunch of new CC too, but apart from that I'm probably going to start completely from scratch. I'm not overly attached to any of my current families, so I don't mind scrapping them and starting fresh.
  • YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    Can't wait to finally erase boot camp off my Mac.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Glad you Mac folk are finally getting the game! Very happy for you! Just about one more week now to go---so close to fulfillment---hang in there! :D
    Just think you guys, we are almost a week away as of now! :p
  • cholinecholine Posts: 59 Member
    I'm so excited it's unreal! I have read the good and the bad and I'm just ready to try it now! It's driving me nuts that I have to wait until 6pm in the evening to play! ARRGG!
    Origin ID: burnttoast123456
    choline wrote: »
    I'm so excited it's unreal! I have read the good and the bad and I'm just ready to try it now! It's driving me nuts that I have to wait until 6pm in the evening to play! ARRGG!

Are you in UK time?? I get to play it nice and early at 10am in the morning! ;)
    Simsocity wrote: »

Are you in UK time?? I get to play it nice and early at 10am in the morning! ;)

I am indeed!

It works out that we play it at the same time - my logical mind knows this. But for some reason I'm still incredibly jealous and am giving you the stink eye right now! :disagree:
    It works out that we play it at the same time - my logical mind knows this. But for some reason I'm still incredibly jealous and am giving you the stink eye right now! :disagree:

To be honest, it seems logical............until you think about it that I wait maybe 2/3 hours to play (when I wake up) whereas you have to wait 9/10ish hours to play. Although it makes sense, I understand you loathing me for the time being :#
    Consider yourself loathed, my friend - consider yourself loathed! *sigh*
    Just think, within a week we'll be able to play! Yay!
  • YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    Quick question. On Origin it says "not yet released" is anyone else having this..?
    YazFoxxy wrote: »
    Quick question. On Origin it says "not yet released" is anyone else having this..?

I have it saying that on my The Sims 4 base game, but on my Outdoor Retreat game it says February 17th at 11:00am (I am MST) so it matches up!
    Almost 6 days left to suffer, guys! How is everyone preparing as we get into the wait and suffering?!
  • yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    TS4 is on sale for $40 and the sale ends in two days. If you want if for Mac but haven't picked it up yet, now is definitely the time.
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
    yunagarnet wrote: »
    TS4 is on sale for $40 and the sale ends in two days. If you want if for Mac but haven't picked it up yet, now is definitely the time.

Thanks for the heads up! :)
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    I just hope TS4 for Mac works way better than TS3 for Mac. TS3 was absolutely terrible, with horrible performance compared to play the game using a Bootcamp partition.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
    Woohoo, only 5 more days to go!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Courfeyrac wrote: »
    Eep, I'm so excited! My birthday is the 16th, so it'll be a nice present! I already own the game and play through Bootcamp but it's such a pain to have to reboot every time I want to play, so I'm really looking forward to the convenience more than anything. Plus, I'll be able to free up that space on my Windows partition which can go towards something else.

To prepare I'm abstaining. I've been itching to play lately but I'm just gonna hold out for the next week or so and then when the 17th comes, I'll be even more excited! A few days before hand I'm going to transfer over all my CC and probably download a bunch of new CC too, but apart from that I'm probably going to start completely from scratch. I'm not overly attached to any of my current families, so I don't mind scrapping them and starting fresh.

I could've written this too -- I've been playing on Boot Camp but looking forward to not having to boot into Windows just to play then back into Mac to get work done. I'll be able to free up my Windows partition too -- space isn't an issue for me at least.

I'll copy my Sims 4 folder from the Bootcamp partition to my desktop, then move my saves, Tray and Mods folders to the new Sims 4 folder I create after I install the game. (I have my original Simself's family up to the 4th or 5th generation so don't want to lose that.)

Haven't been playing either, just because of the booting hassle; been busy with some Real Life stuff, and also been getting into Hearthstone so been grinding to level up my heroes and do some quests. It's a fun game with a lot of strategy which I really like. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I just hope TS4 for Mac works way better than TS3 for Mac. TS3 was absolutely terrible, with horrible performance compared to play the game using a Bootcamp partition.

It should work better; it'll be a native Mac coded program rather than a hybrid Windows/Mac game. With Sims 3, it was basically a Windows game encased in the Cider emulator -- while Cider might work for casual games, it really wasn't up to the processor-intensive and graphics-rich environment of Sims 3. If you ever played Sims 2 or the original Sims, Sims 4 should be similar to the experience with those; we had to wait an extra 6 months for packs (because they contracted out the programming and work couldn't start till the game was released on the Windows side) but everything ran smoothly on the Mac.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    YazFoxxy wrote: »
    Can't wait to finally erase boot camp off my Mac.

Hallelujah!!!!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif

It should work better; it'll be a native Mac coded program rather than a hybrid Windows/Mac game. With Sims 3, it was basically a Windows game encased in the Cider emulator -- while Cider might work for casual games, it really wasn't up to the processor-intensive and graphics-rich environment of Sims 3. If you ever played Sims 2 or the original Sims, Sims 4 should be similar to the experience with those; we had to wait an extra 6 months for packs (because they contracted out the programming and work couldn't start till the game was released on the Windows side) but everything ran smoothly on the Mac.

I hope so! Cider emulation is hell, my game was so laggy that I had to move on Bootcamp :(

The Sims 2 works nicely on OS X, Aspyr did a good job back then and they even optimized it when they put on sale at the App Store few months ago.

The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
    I hope so! Cider emulation is hell, my game was so laggy that I had to move on Bootcamp :(

The Sims 2 works nicely on OS X, Aspyr did a good job back then and they even optimized it when they put on sale at the App Store few months ago.

The Sims 2 for Mac runs better than The Sims 3 lol!
    edited February 2015
    Much better! I thought: "It's an old game, sure it has compatibility problems" but no, TS3 on OS X is hell compared to TS2 XD