Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Else Camping Full Time??

I love camping so when I got this game pack I immediately deleted my house and turned my lot into a permanent campsite. Unfortunately since I'm at work I can't upload the pic but it's in the gallery under my username and it's called Full Time Camper. Is anyone else doing this and if so please post pics! I want to see what everyones doing with the new stuff!

Comments

• Options
    AubreyHartAubreyHart Posts: 132 Member
    I keep meaning to start a family off like this, on a camp site with the main goal to get them to build a house.

:)
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    love both ideas <3
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I have started a permanent living in Granite Falls save, but not progressed far. So far my sim has befriended the ranger and started on his Outdoor enthusiast aspiration. I make believe that he´s a ranger in training and when he finishes his aspiration, he takes over the job.

A permanent campsite in Willow Creek is a cool idea <3 , but first I want to explore the special insects and herbs, so I need to stay in Granite Falls.
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    @22calprincess I haven't thus far as I hadn't thought of it, I know not why. I'd just kept saving up my sim's vacation days to live in Granite Falls. But, thanks for the idea. So simple! :)
    HSau :)
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    You can quit your job and live in GF, just paint and write, makes a nice place for writers. to earn some extra money just collect things. sell them and you can stay forever.
    I might just put a writer there and see what happens. sounds like it would be fun. Not get married and adopt a son to take his place when he is old.
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    I want to try this with the family I have vacationing there now. Is there any way the kids won't get penalized for missing school?
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    No, but I do send my sims over there for vacation quite a bit.
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    That's a great idea for people who play Legacy Challenges. You start out with a huge lot and almost no money. When I get back to playing my Legacy family, I'm going to look into tearing down their bunkhouse and getting tents.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    edited February 2015
    I am going to destroy my legasys house and change it in to a cabin
  • Options
    22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    I love all the ideas! I was thinking when I got tired of playing this household I may start a Legacy or Runaway challenge utilizing the camping equipment!
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    AubreyHart wrote: »
    I keep meaning to start a family off like this, on a camp site with the main goal to get them to build a house.

:)

I really wanna try that now lol. Sounds fun!
    original.gif
  • Options
    RonaldtheWizardRonaldtheWizard Posts: 67 Member
    LnEdOjd.png
    My Sim actually got Homesick when he first arrived on the campgrounds, but when he found out the Hermit was an attractive woman of his age...He put a ring on that finger of hers.

After their wedding ceremony (Look for White Wedding Balcony in the gallery) I'm going to turn the balcony into a garden spot for the herbs. Come Ambitions, my Sim can start his own herbal dispensary business!
  • Options
    jessi114jessi114 Posts: 37 Member
    edited February 2015
    I plan to do at least one family that camps full time! I love the concept and all the let's play's I've watched on Outdoor Retreat look awesome, so I have to have at least one family that does :)
  • Options
    FogityFogity Posts: 122 Member
    I did this as soon as I got the game pack, had my sim live in the tent (still does) and build a large house until it is done. Then he can move in.
    I have started a permanent living in Granite Falls save, but not progressed far. So far my sim has befriended the ranger and started on his Outdoor enthusiast aspiration. I make believe that he´s a ranger in training and when he finishes his aspiration, he takes over the job.

Nice story, I just made a mod that unlocks the ranger outfit so you can use the real deal. Link: https://fogity.wordpress.com/outdoor-retreat-cas-part-list/
    Played since The Sims 1 and now makes mods for The Sims 4:
    Gender Less - Gender neutral pronouns and titles
    Hidden Highlight - Removes the white outline
    Unlocked CAS Parts - Unlocks hidden CAS items
  • Options
    haylz18haylz18 Posts: 182 Member
    I hadn't thought of doing this but I'll definitely try it now! Thanks for opening my eyes :)
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I just put my writer sim in GF and he will be living there. He is not married and am not planning on him getting married, When he turns to Adult I will be sending him to Willow Creek, to adopt a child.
    My sim is a writer, and he will be making money to rent his house in GF. I do not have any pictures as yet. the child will be taking his place, not sure if he will adopt a boy or a girl.
    If he adopts a boy then the boy will be taking his place as a writer. but if he adopts a girl, I might have her not marry, but get pregnant and raise the child alone in GF.
    What sounds better the boy or the girl.
  • Options
    Lunachic62391Lunachic62391 Posts: 161 Member
    I've been busy trying to design cabins, but the next game I start will have my Sims living in a permanent campsite in Willow Creek. Living off of fish and gardening, with the campfire and tent. I already tested it, and the OR public bathroom still works with the bills unpaid. I'm all about making Sims start broke and live off the land!
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    I started a new game to try this out. I bull dozed the 50x50 lot and moved my sim there then removed all their cash. She slept on benches in the park for the first couple of nights before she could buy a tent, but its going well. She still lives in the tent but has abeen able to build a small bathroom . No kitchen required she lives off of cereal from the chill box and when she goes fishing she can eat roast fish from the small bonfire
  • Options
    Ooooh! I definitely want to try this :) thanks for the idea!
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    OH MY! Now I want to give my Sims a harder time with these ideas.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited March 2015
    Pretty much full time. I send my Sims to the campground and they rent the spot without a cabin. I pitch a tent there, but I mostly send them to the National Forest. I've replaced the cabin there with a huge lodge with all the amenities. That's where my Sims spend most of their time. In fact, I would never send them home except that's necessary for them to give birth.

Edited to add:

This is a lodge that I originally downloaded from the Gallery then I modified it quite a bit. It replaced the lodge at the National Forest. I have my Sims spend most of there time here:

Granite_Falls_Lodge_zps51sbrmzm.png

P.S. since I'm not the original creator of this lot, I don't feel it's right for me to upload it to the Gallery.
    Post edited by Nik24X7 on
    Origin ID: nik24x7