Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurants?

I've been reading the posts on GTW and yes I am very excited! OFB FTW :D And I saw that we will be able to have bakeries of some sort which is awesome, but will we be able to have functional restaurants? I mean where we hire waitstaff, hosts and cooks and then sims would come in and be seated and served?

Comments

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Doesn't seem to be at this time.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Looks like they scrapped restaurants in favor of cupcakes (Bakery). Not surprising seeing how they kept talking about those vile thing all the time and even have a machine to make them in game. If it's not in this pack it better return in another.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • SimsLovahSimsLovah Posts: 394 Member
    Tbh the pack isn't out till April so we can't assume there won't be restaurants because we have 1and a bit months left so if enough of us ask maybe they will work a bit more on the pack! :)
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    LOL yes, very large cupcake making thing. Many things in this game are oversized...My sims rarely own a telescope any more...it's just ridiculous!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    No, didn't see any info on restaurants with staff etc. But we can probably create many kinds of eating spots, based on the interior and our own imagnation :) A fast food diner or exclusive restaurant with white table cloths, or a pizzeria with candles on tables, postcards and herbs etc on walls. I don't need a waiter and chef to pretend it's a nice restaurant for my dates etc.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    I'm still going to love this EP, because like you said, we're still going to have many great options to work with.
  • SimsLovahSimsLovah Posts: 394 Member
    As long as you know its a resteraunt who cares what it really is? ;)
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    A guru did confirm they will be like cafes we have in 3
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    I've already created a couple resteraunts so I hope my sims can run them lol.....
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
    SimsLovah wrote: »
    As long as you know its a resteraunt who cares what it really is? ;)

Well, I do. I would like to be able to hire cooks and servers and such and have it actually operate as a restaurant. Although I am happy with what I am getting.
  • 1QTPie1QTPie Posts: 10 New Member
    I care about restaurants. They were a fun feature in TS2.
  • fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    They actually didn't come with OFB they came with nightlife so theres hope :)
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    fatbat21 wrote: »
    They actually didn't come with OFB they came with nightlife so theres hope :)

Yes! I think resturants will be introduced in a later EP.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No restaurants, only the ability to make bakeries though it seemed like there were waiters serving sims, again, I will only buy this pack once I have clearly see what we can and can't do and how things actually work I don't want another TS3 business disaster on my hands.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I don't care about waiters at this moment, even though it looked like waiters at the end of the trailer. I just want a "bakery" where you can sell normal food instead of baked goods. It's essentially the same thing, only one skill is bakery and the other is cooking or gourmet cooking. Maybe they're not saying it's restaurant because of the way you are seated and order food, but if I can improvise a restaurant like that then that's fine for me.
  • fruitchew87fruitchew87 Posts: 114 Member
    Running a restaurant in Sims 2 is so much fun- I really had hoped that it would come with an OFB x-pack for Sims 4. But, I also wanted another Day Care career and Resort career and those didn't come in Ambitions for Sims 3, so there is hope down the line.

I had also really hoped for Home-run businesses, but I haven't read anything that suggests this will be an option.
    Visit my YouTube channel for my Let's Plays and Build videos <3

FreeSO, it's happening.
  • rtuckerrtucker Posts: 199 Member
    We can make fastfood place and food stores, gas station with food and walmart, A mall with different stores, and many more.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I feel like Restaurants would be something that could be added in a "town life" type of expansion pack.

We really should make a thread for ideas of venues we want to see in the future. I think game packs will also bring some of these ideas to the table as well. I could see an entire GP on "eating out".