Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apple World in CAW

Comments

• X.simsforever.XX.simsforever.X Posts: 107 Member
    Can't wait to move some sims in!
    Also what is Newton park? do i need to have that downloaded as well?
  • AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    BluebellFlora made Newton Park especially for iWorld. You should download both the world and the park from her earlier post, install them as usual via the Launcher and place the park on the 'leaf' of the apple in 'Edit Town'. It looks just as nice as the world itself. Have a look at her pictures in this thread to see a preview.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I love the picture of Mauw thinking of mice. It's adorable. I haven't had a chance to play with decorating your house yet and will show pictures when I do. I'm trying to get some funds to move into my house, but haven't made it there yet.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    @Tremayne4260: As hinted above, the house will not be finished this weekend. However, if you'd like I could do a 'Phase 2' type upload tomorrow. That should be (much) more usable than the previous one, though quite a bit more expensive as well. Let me know if you're interested. I'll place some more pictures here later to help you decide. :)

I plan on placing us all in our houses with the 'Free Real Estate' cheat and then reducing everyone's resulting excessive funds to the same starters amount of say §1200 or §1500. That way all houses would be inhabited by the 'correct' person(s) right at the start and all would face about the same difficulty in getting things going. So, as soon as the houses are done, Kitty and Mauw will be restarted — in their finished home but without any skills, friendships, etcetera. Same for the others.
    Maybe a bit saddening as by now Mauw is a jolly good hunter and Kitty today maxed out in her job. But I'll have had a good time playing this renovation-project-gone-too-big idea and then will get to play with the resulting almost-mansion too.
    More shinnies? Please? *gives big sad eyes for more shinnies*
    The promised pictures. I'll split this post in parts to prevent it getting unwieldy.

First the outside of the house, mostly the front.
    From the (Street along the) City Hall:
    screenshot_original.jpg

From the Street along the City Hall, closer by:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Front and side, across the little path:
    screenshot_original.jpg

From the Central Park, more up close:
    screenshot_original.jpg

And finally a detail shot, showing the bench surrounded by flowers:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Details may still change as I didn't test anything outside yet. My RL bed is calling me, loudly I'd have to say. So before it wakes the neighbours… :/
    (Please bed, I'll be right there; le'me just do these bit of posting, pretty please with strawberries?) ;)
    The Ground Floor.
    The living room and kitchen are doubly connected (at both sides of the stairwell) without doors. There's still a mostly pristine part to the living at the back of the house. It now only provides a place for Mauw's cat condo and such.

First looking at the sitting area from the 'empty' part, facing in the direction of the front of the house (the street):
    screenshot_original.jpg

The same area, looking from the big couch towards the stairs and the kitchen:
    screenshot_original.jpg

The view from the little couch, facing the back of the house, though mostly skipping the unfinished part:
    screenshot_original.jpg

A look into the kitchen from the front door:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I couldn't resist the poster combining 'cat' and 'food' so nicely, so I'll have to accept the weirdness of pinning a poster to a tiled wall.

Looking through the kitchen along the stairwell to the living area:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Only the kitchen, showing both windowed walls:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Creating fitting curtains always is one of the most difficult tasks in building houses in the Sims, both literally an figuratively speaking, as they are so uncompromising: no way to get them up or down a wall, or to get them closer to or farther from that wall, nor any possibility to adjust the width to the window you're trying to do. I'll forever end up with just one, or if I'm lucky two, strange and/or ugly, definitely not style-fitting thingies… :s

Finally, from the unfinished part, looking back at both the kitchen and the sitting area:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The picture is an 'actual' (i.e. in game) photo of Mauw on the prowl. Another, bigger, one is used upstairs.
    The third and last part, three photo's from the hobby room upstairs.

Let's start with an overview of both main areas — the gym and the sculpting studio. Also (just) visible is the landing of the stairwell:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The gym consists of a treadmill, a chin-up bar, a boom-box (you can dance to the music here) and a hamper, the rest is basically clutter. Nice clutter, but still: clutter. More so for the sculpting area: the sculpting table is the only functional part. All the 'extras' help us get the 'Beautifully Decorated' moodlet giving everysim a pleasant +40… This is true for the kitchen, the living and the bedroom too. Both bathrooms are just 'Decorated'.
    Behind the 'salvaged' pool sign is the upstairs bathroom; combined with the fact you can go down under the sign I thought it, ehrm, appropriate there. :p

As a nice touch to the gym there's a picture of Mauw playing in the toilet bowl taken by Kitty, between the two training posters and the other parafernalia. Bathroom door at extreme left, sculpting studio ahead:
    screenshot_original.jpg

The studio has a pretty, unfinished cat figurine that — truth be told — put the idea in my head to let Kitty do sculpting as a hobby (or second job, it provides good extra simoleans!):
    screenshot_original.jpg
    It's a pity Kitty never uses the provided clothing hanging on the wall. ;)
    edited May 2015
    @Tremayne4260: More? OK, here comes Phase 2 of the Renovation Project. Basically equal to the last series of pictures, plus some very minor touches.
    As a real extra the start of a garden-to-be: a little Gazebo (see below).

Not the best of weather but Kitty can stay dry outside. Mauw still doesn't trust the new thing:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Speaking of Mauw, he had an interesting conversation with a fellow predator on the Fine Art of Stalking Prey:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Though there's no response from the ugly guy indoors:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Phase 2 is uploaded and I can see, DL and install it.
    Post edited by Ashpeef on
    I think the house is adorable! Mauw is so cute. I need to take pictures of my house and post it.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    It's looking lovely :)
    apple-signature.png
    As big as the house may be, it is dwarfed by the City Hall:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Like at the Hall there's now some lighting at/of the outside of the house, greatly improving its nighttime looks. Also did some minor gardening, most importantly the adding of an Ash Tree. :D

BTW: 97 downloads for an unfinished lot (as stated in the description!) within 24 hours. I guess there're still a few of us playing the Sims 3!
    Great picture! I purposefully didn't add many street lights around the residential lots because I've always hated the light they cast, being able to see the line of the lot edge. So anaesthetically pleasing :)
    apple-signature.png
    @Ashpeef, is there CC in your upload?
    apple-signature.png
    I will need to upload my house. It isn't finished yet, but I cheated and moved me in.
    @BluebellFlora, there shouldn't be any third party CC, but lots of EP, SP and store stuff. I do use some mods however since I migrated the game to Windows 7 on my Boot Camped Mac - mostly NRaas stuff. If I inadvertently added some CC, please let me know the offender and I'll take it out immediately!

As for the lot edge lines, those are apparent after adding the outdoor lighting, just as with light coming from non-lot lamps. I agree, very not aesthetically pleasing… :(

@Tremayne4260, please do! I'm looking forward to placing the other's houses at their intended lots. Still hope for more of those, be they purpose made or 'just' handpicked from existing resources.
    Oh cool. I haven't seen this bookcase before (the one on the left) and was worried it may be CC:

screenshot_original.jpg

I haven't got round to reinstalling the game yet, or Parallels. RL has been hectic :(

apple-signature.png
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    Aw, it's so great seeing everyone's different approach to iWorld :)
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
    @BluebellFlora: I know, RL can sometimes even be worse than a game ;)

The bookcase is called Secrets of the Soul Bookcase @ §950 in game. It's from the Store set Drifter's Desire.
    Ashpeef wrote: »
    @BluebellFlora: I know, RL can sometimes even be worse than a game ;)

The bookcase is called Secrets of the Soul Bookcase @ §950 in game. It's from the Store set Drifter's Desire.

Ah ok, thanks :)

apple-signature.png
    I need to take pictures. Been kind of crazy in RL too. Hopefully this weekend.
    Well this is an experiment in uploading photos. I made my hubby a simmie. He and I just met in game. So cute.

Screenshot.jpg
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited May 2015
    Aw! <3 Very sweet!
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
    In Sim terms, we are compatible. Need to play more and make sure we are all uploaded.
    In Sim terms, we are compatible. [...]
    If you two go 'all the way', BluebellFlora suggested a nice Fire Station (20x20) back on page 5 (I plopped it on 1 NeXT Drive and used it to sleep &c while our house was still unfinished and empty). The same site also offers a very cute Unity Chapel and Burial Ground (small enough for iWorld) that includes a pretty Wedding Location inside. It's now placed on the 20x20 lot at Macintosh Street, romantically facing the Ocean.