Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apple World in CAW

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    coooooool :)
    apple-signature.png
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    Fab, I shall download my very own Tremayne :)

I think we need an @igazor .....
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    Started to build a house for the Kattecop family. For now it's just an empty shell, but I'm already running out of funds. So she'll have to cope with squatting at the Fire Station (Thanks for the tip, Bluebell!) and earning enough to finish the interior, not to mention the landscaping. After all, we couldn't have her budgetary problems spoil this nice world, could we?

Still have to find out the proper way to include screenshots, but here's a first try:

From Bite Beach:
    screenshot_original.jpg

From near the Town Hall:
    screenshot_original.jpg

From across the street:
    screenshot_original.jpg

From the nice little path:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Lovely @Ashpeef :) no need to build a house when you can squat at the fire station :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I have a house in mind for me. I built it using the floor plan from a Sims 2 house. It's actually one of the Sears Craftsman homes floor plans. I collected several of those houses in Sims 2.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    edited May 2015
    I did want to and actually did buy the house, though I couldn't afford furnishing it properly. For now there's only a minimal but functional kitchen and a bathroom. That one is the only space that got walled so far. The rest, both at ground level and upstairs, is just a single open space with no furniture whatsoever. Most importantly: no bed. So, yeah, to the Fire Station it is!
    The stairs are placed. For Mauw there is a litter box and a bowl for the absolute minimal needs. With the §600 for the land included this all set me back to just over §1200 left.
    The idea is, she bought an old, decrepit but once nice place, started to renovate, but encountered more nastiness then expected. Now, she'll have to slowly collect the funds to finish this ill-fated job.

By the way, I would like the chance to see, and (who knows?) DL and place the houses you guys build for your designated lots.
    I'll upload the finished version of my house (much) later, i.e. when it's done in game.
    If there's interest, I could even upload this shell, so your towns can at least have a glimpse at what Kitty is building.
    Post edited by Ashpeef on
    Have you uploaded the house? I started my game and started building a house for me. I kind of went for the "modern" look on mine as I've never tried to build a modern house before. I'll post pictures shortly.
    Not yet, because for now it's quite unfinished. But if you're interested in the house in its current state I could try to upload. That would take some time though, as I'm currently not at the machine my game's on.
    It's going to be adorable when you finish it. :)
    @Tremayne4260 : I uploaded the lot-as-is for now. Tested loading it in a clean base game install. That worked all right, though the substitutions the game made for non-base-game and store items kind of wrecked havoc with the looks of it all.

When the house is finished I will re-upload; if there are items replaced with your installation, let me know which those are (store, EP, SP) and I'll try to create an upload with substitutions I'll choose myself so the difference with the original thing stays as minimal as could be.

However, first Kitty — helped by some hunting from Mauw — has to make enough money to finish the job. To-do's in currently planned order:
    - the bedroom (upstairs, everything)
    - the hobby room (upstairs, almost everything)
    - the bathroom (upstairs, finishing touches)
    - the living room (downstairs, still mostly empty)
    - the kitchen (downstairs, finishing touches and 'real' furniture)
    - the grounds (for now completely barren I'm afraid)
    In her spare time she's upgrading appliances to self-cleaning, better meal quality and such.

I'll try and remember to post some progress pictures, at least from the work inside the house.
    *squee!* Runs off to download.
    edited May 2015
    OK, two quick pictures:

A sunny day in Central Park on iWorld:
    screenshot_original.jpg

And Kitty madly banging away on her freshly bought appliances. Or: Upgrading the sink in the upstairs bathroom on Ashpeef's Lot:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I had to redo this bathroom slightly because Kitty, being Neat, kept running down the stairs in search of a place to wash her hands whenever she finished using the conveniences upstairs.

Unfortunately Mauw most days doesn't proof to be a 'rich' hunter. He's mostly surprising me with Maple Leafs, Empty Chips Bags and the occasional Snake Skin or Coloured Feather. On the other extreme, yesterday he brought home a Plasma Bug. Now that's money!

Edited to add:
    After finishing the upgrades the Upstairs Bathroom is done.

Coming from the Hobby Room and looking towards the Bedroom:
    screenshot_original.jpg

And the other way around:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Post edited by Ashpeef on
    The Bedroom, though not finished yet, is taking form as well. It's done with a double bed but as a singles room by placing the bed along the wall. If you want to use it as a double, turn it 90º so the headboard is against the stairwell-wall. That way there's space for a second end table and you could still pass around the bed (I tried). However, it will look a bit crammed because of the non-functional chimney — it might thus be an idea to remove that one and rearrange the pictures somewhat.

Facing the yard and coast. The right hand door in the first two shots leads to the bathroom:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Relaxing (and so testing) after the work is mostly done:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Facing the street we clearly see the unfinished part of the room. The far door is the bathroom again:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Kitchen troubles. :p

First the kitchen as in the early upload (nasty weather outside):
    screenshot_original.jpg

Or looking from the kitchen towards the stairs and the living:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Next I made a few final touches to the kitchen proper and swapped the table and chairs.
    Of course (Murphy) I choose a chair, Mid-Century Modern Dining Chair, from the Store that contained a bug — as in: nobody wants to go sit on it… EA did correct the problem, but if you have the faulty one installed you have to find it in the unwieldy list of installed items, de-install, then re-install the corrected chair. If you're OK with mods, there is a small one to be found that corrects just this snafu, without the need to uninstall etc.
    Long story short, now it works and looks to my liking:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Last but not least, Kitty had to upgrade the washing machine so your 'Fresh Clothes' stay Fresh longer:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The bathroom downstairs is done. For now I'm done too. :s

From the entrance to the tub:
    screenshot_original.jpg

And from the tub to the entrance:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Yeah, I know — she's nuts about cats. So a picture, a towel and a calendar. ;)
    BTW: There's a similar towel draped over the armrest of the big couch in the living…
    *squee!* Runs off to download. There's nothing wrong about being nuts about cats.
    I love it @Ashpeef, it's gorgeous.

Just to let you all know, bit of bad news, my hard drive corrupted so I had to reformat and reinstall :( I was using CAW in Parallels so I couldn't go into Windows and copy the files over. I'm hoping that my Parallels backup is ok, but if it isn't I won't be able to edit anything in iWorld because I will have lost everything :'(
    apple-signature.png
    @Tremayne4260 - Sorry, but there's no new upload yet, just the original unfinished one you already have. These were only pictures, made in game while 'renovating' the place. All the family was doing up 'till now is making money (Mauw caught a second Plasma Bug!) for me to spent it all on their home, try out everything I added or changed by running around the house like crazy to jump into shower stalls, sit everywhere, use everything and so on, and then: off to bed in the Fire Station. At least from hereon they can sleep in their own place.
    Ohh, and of course I didn't expect you to be put off by the cattiness of the house. ;)

@BluebellFlora - Wish you all the luck in the (i)World restoring your Mac! I'll keep my fingers crossed. Here's to hoping the backup's OK!
    My avatar is of my old cat and his brother (Oberon and Prospero). We did have three cats at one time Oberon (Prospero had passed away), Titania and Puck. Puck is the only one left now as both Titania and Oberon have passed on as well. He is a very silly gray cat. I haven't adopted Puck in game yet as I want to get the house finished first. I really do need to take pictures.
    Silly Puck, how appropriate!
  • tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    @Tremayne4260, I love that you named your cats after characters in A Midsummer Night's Dream!

@Ashpeef, the house looks amazing.

@BluebellFlora, yikes!! Good luck!
    We called them our Shakespearean cats. :D
  • tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    That's great. I named my dog Coffee because she wakes me up every morning by punching me in the face.
    Silly puppy. ;) Mom wants to sleep in the morning.
    Two more pictures to show how beautiful iWorld is.

Kitty playing the piano at the stage in Central Park:
    screenshot_original.jpg

And looking out from Ashpeef's Lot over the beach and the ocean at sunset. A 'Beautiful Vista' indeed!
    screenshot_original.jpg

Having Mauw hunting the whole day by now brings in a let's say 'decent' amount of §§§'s. No more Plasma Bugs but lots of other less extreme though still rewarding bugs in the §100's, or a crocodile or two. Always fun: a smallish cat bringing in a 170+ kg monster! Pity EA only shows the 'fighting cloud'. I sure would've liked to see Mauw pulling that one ashore…
    On the downside, all that strolling around outside makes Mauw repeatedly cont(r)acting fleas.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    On the original picture you could see the fleas jumping ship during the washing. :p

In between I did some work on the street facing side of the bedroom:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I plan (hope?) to do some decorating and furnishing of the living and/or hobby room this weekend.

Ohh, and one I can't resist to show. Even cats go digital nowadays — a Sign of the Times?
    After hauling in the croc and grooming properly, Mauw contemplates mice:
    screenshot_original.jpg