Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Stages of Grief

brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
Here is a handy manual to help you identify and work through your stages of grief (if you are experiencing it. If not, happy simming!)
*(This is supposed to be tongue in cheek, and not mean spirited. If we don't break forum rules it will not get shut down.)

The Sims 4 Stages of Grief -

Denial:
(Pre Release) “I’ve heard there is no (insert missing feature here). There’s no way that can be true. They wouldn’t do that.”

(Post Release) “We’ve redesigned The Sims 4 to work in a whole new way. Trust us, you’ll LOVE it when you a)understand it, b)quit being stubborn and resistant to change, or c)forget how awesome The Sims 2 was.”

(Forums) Teens are supposed to be the same height as adults, cousins get married in RL, nobody played with toddlers in Sims 3, etc…
“Something, something, something, flaming chainsaws…spiked whips…”

Anger:
Skim the comments on every “official” Sims 4 interview and social media site. There is also no shortage of it on the forums.

Bargaining:
“If we don’t buy _____________ there will be no ______________.”
“Be patient. This game has so much potential. It will be great in a few years if we keep supporting it.”
“Something, something, something, flaming chainsaws…spiked whips…”

Depression:
“I used to play The Sims for hours. Now I force myself to play for an hour and shut it off.”
“I haven’t been on the forums for months.”

Acceptance:
“I kind of like it, now that I’ve completely changed the play styles that I used on all of the other Sims’ games.”
“Well, after leaving it for several months I’ve started playing it again and it’s not so bad.”
“I like it, after I’ve installed 19 mods…”

How are you working through your jouney?

Post edited by brainybee on

Comments

• Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    How long between Depression and Acceptance? :'(

Do you have the Grief Hotline number on you by chance?
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    What happens if I never progress from anger? Or can I skip bargaining and go straight to depression? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Yeah, I keep going there every time I load up the game, but It's like I am constantly cycling through these stages of grief.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Perhaps go to a grief therapy group. it can do wonders.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    Perhaps go to a grief therapy group. it can do wonders.

*Ahem* This *IS* the grief therapy group.

Well you could have fooled me. :\
  • Options
    AubreyHartAubreyHart Posts: 132 Member
    I think im on bargaining lol.

I have to say im not as invested in this as I was Sims 3, but that could be my total lack of time to play since I got old and became an adult. If only playing Sims paid the bills
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Well I am 49 and I was way more invested in sims 2 and 3. (still am)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Wow, I got five likes! :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    I do believe that this group Therapy is not working.
    we need better counselers. I sure hope it is free.
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    What happens if I never progress from anger? Or can I skip bargaining and go straight to depression? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Same here. I keep jumping back and forth between the anger and depression stages while completely skipping the bargaining stage each and every time.
    tumblr_nbc0xd8wSi1txilyjo3_500.gif
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options

Aww It sounds like you are at the Denial stage. Honestly at that stage not much can help. BUT it will get better when you get past it into Anger. ;)
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I'm still in the anger stage. I don't expect to enter the bargaining stage any time soon.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Me when people change their tone
    tumblr_lpqu9mywpu1qmk708o1_500.gif
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member

Actually I think it is helping, Evalen. I even like many of your comments and appreciate you being part of my Sim's community!
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I'm depressed, angry at the situation but keep trying to get through to EA. Maybe a fools mission but I have to do my best. I can't let the sims die for players like me. I keep thinking that they will wake up or maybe I will and find all this is a ridiculous nightmare because it seems a weird strategy throwing lots of customers to the curb.
  • Options
    I'm depressed, angry at the situation but keep trying to get through to EA. Maybe a fools mission but I have to do my best. I can't let the sims die for players like me. I keep thinking that they will wake up or maybe I will and find all this is a ridiculous nightmare because it seems a weird strategy throwing lots of customers to the curb.

A sad case of almost all of the steps at once! :o Depressed, Anger, Bargaining, and Denial all at one time can't be good on your system! **Really Big Squishy Cuddles**
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »

A sad case of almost all of the steps at once! :o Depressed, Anger, Bargaining, and Denial all at one time can't be good on your system! **Really Big Squishy Cuddles**

Thank you. Pretty much *floods of tears*. I'm not even kidding when I say I've dreamt about getting what I want in ts4 then woken up to this. Urgh.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I gave up on it and went back to Sims 3 for now. I will look at it later and see what happens, but for now I am not inspired to purchase anything else.