Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can sims die by an unsuccessful surgery?

In Get to Work, do you think sims can die if the doctor fails on doing the surgery or are the surgeries always successful?

Comments

• Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    i dunno. if not, maybe your sim's organs will go on to save some other sims' life. if they're a donor.
  • Options
    boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    Judging by past Sims expansion packs, I have a feeling that or death by disease will be a new death type. Almost every Sims 3 Expansion added at least 1 new death
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Yikes. I don't know. I don't think so. I think the worst is that they need way more time to recover, making it a failed attempt that hurts your progression to the next level. Now if your "Sim" get's the Guienna Pig disease and you don't treat it, well you could have fixed it, you chose not to. Kinda like when there's a fire, you kinda decided to remove the door. lol With a doctor career, I think it would be weird for us to "fail" at something and kill a Sim.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I think death by disease would be more appropriate like sims 2. I feel like dying on the surgery table would be a little bit into real world problems and cause alot of triggers for some people.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    Where's the point in playing a doctor if they can't hold other sim lives in their hands?
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I don't know about any of you But I'm not going to allow any sims operate on my sim until University.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hehehe >:D

Not sure, but I'll have a little too much fun with bad surgeons and the prison features if I can use them like I want to.

Edit: I can't figure out the code for evil smiley on my phone :(
  • Options
    LysistrataLysistrata Posts: 323 Member
    ArchD wrote: »
    Where's the point in playing a doctor if they can't hold other sim lives in their hands?

This.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I don't know about any of you But I'm not going to allow any sims operate on my sim until University.
    You know I can't shake the feeling that uni will be the next EP after this one
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    In the trailer when the doctor takes the heart out of that sim I thought "oh, classical sims humor! She's just going to put it back in and pretend nothing happened!" Because, really, dying in the hands of a surgeon is too dark for the sims in my book.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    My first instinct is to say "I doubt it" but seeing children drown with the addition of pools makes me not so sure.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    KayytKayyt Posts: 118 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    You know I can't shake the feeling that uni will be the next EP after this one

same! It would go well with the new doctor and law enforcement careers

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Find me on YT -https://youtube.com/channel/UCtCvQcmpcqhJxukF8UBjJtw?spfreload=10
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I hope they won't die of a failed surgery, that would just feel really awful and not funny.
  • Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    I think they'll probably just be in an uncomfortable or tense mood if a surgery is unsuccessful.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    If it's like TSM, which seems to be the base for TS4, the patient doesn't die. The doctor just doesn't get the credit, whatever that may be, for the surgery and has to try again on a different sim.
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    If you have an issue with your sim dying I suggest:

- No death Cheat
    - Resurrection
    - reload your last save

I am however fine with this, adds more life into my game. I say BRING IT ON! >: D

*begins sharpening his scythe once again*
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here