Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Our Sims Be Murdered During Rotation?

I hope the sims murdered are new, automatically generated sims.

I usually do not like the game spwaning sims, as I micro-manage everything, but I do not with to see relatives and friends that live in different lots suddenly murdered so a sim cop can solve that crime.

16254383160_a8ba448ca5_b.jpg

16254124218_77cbc14ff7_b.jpg

I also do not want my dear relative and friends to turn out to be murderers either!

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    That concerns no one else?
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited February 2015
    I know that's a chalk outline usually used when someone dies (from murder/crime scene oriented), but I get the feeling it'll be the outline for where someone fell after being attacked with a banana or something. (Like the sim won't actually die)

We'll see! I'm not worried though, I don't think anyone's actually going to get murdered but if they are I'll be downloading a mod.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
    edited February 2015
    Ayumap wrote: »
    I know that's a chalk outline usually used when someone dies (from murder/crime scene oriented), but I get the feeling it'll be the outline for where someone fail after being attacked with a banana or something. (Like the sim won't actually die)

That would be too shocking and sad. My sim is a cop and finds his married sister murdered, mother of two very young daughters. Devastating. I admit it would be a very edge angle, ripe for storytelling, but too much for me.

I hope only sims with mischievous, mean and evil traits turn out to be criminals.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

With no Story Progression I'm not worried -- if our Sims can't get pregnant without our interference I doubt there'll be random deaths. It'll probably be the death of some Sim that never really existed (like someone from that mysterious town in the distance we never visit). :|

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,967 Member
    I can't imagine they would kill one of our sims without us approving it... I don't even having aging on in my sims 4 yet... And no Ghosts... Lol.... What concerns me is if they are going to have more residential lots or a new residential neighborhood. I feel like we have such a limited amount now, and would love that expanded.

With no Story Progression I'm not worried -- if our Sims can't get pregnant without our interference I doubt there'll be random deaths. It'll probably be the death of some Sim that never really existed (like someone from that mysterious town in the distance we never visit). :|

That would be great!
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I know that's a chalk outline usually used when someone dies (from murder/crime scene oriented), but I get the feeling it'll be the outline for where someone fail after being attacked with a banana or something. (Like the sim won't actually die)

That would be too shocking and sad. My sim is a cop and finds his married sister murdered, mother of two very young daughters. Devastating. I admit it would be a very edge angle, ripe for storytelling, but too much for me.

I hope only sims with mischievous, mean and evil traits turn out to be criminals.

Yeah, if it was actual murder I think a lot of people would be angry. I think our simmies will be safe from pre-meditated murder, at least from other sims. I remember reading an interview where a guru wrote that Sims could do mean things but for the most part they're all good beings.

So if they add straight up murder now, it would be a total 180 from that statement.

We shall see.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I know that's a chalk outline usually used when someone dies (from murder/crime scene oriented), but I get the feeling it'll be the outline for where someone fell after being attacked with a banana or something. (Like the sim won't actually die)

We'll see! I'm not worried though, I don't think anyone's actually going to get murdered but if they are I'll be downloading a mod.

This is what I think, too.

The developers of TS3 and TS4 have always said that they avoid dark humor (as in disasters, terminal illnesses, etc.), so I highly doubt you'll have to worry about Sims getting murdered.
  • AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    Maybe the relationships will be tinkered with. There's "enemies" but maybe it'd require going a step beyond that to make a Sim get to the point of murder. Something that would actually require a lot of effort to achieve?
    Let them eat cake.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Do we really think this game is going to introduce "murder" in that sense? That is more likely than not somewhat staged in the sense that you might be able to investigate why a Sim died, but I don't think "murder" is ever going to be referenced to or implemented in the Sims. If they won't do natural disasters, they're not doing this LOL
  • Rrriot_KittyRrriot_Kitty Posts: 167 Member
    Yet, you can place a cow plant in your yard, and entice neighbors to walk by, and cause their untimely death.
    I'll be disappointed, if it's a chalk outline for pushing someone down, with a banana. Who goes to jail for that?!

Perhaps there will be a selectable, toggle-able option, where crimes can be committed by/involve active sims in the neighborhood, or only spawned sims. That would be very cool, and provide a lot of different options, for different play styles, and storytelling.
  • DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    i doubt it
    but it would make a good plot twist

but lets define the word "Evil" and "Good"
    because honestly i dont think all Evil sims are bad
    and not all Good sims are good
    Yin.. and Yang...

I have a sim; an evil sim who followed the career ladder of "The Boss"
    and he was a big family man
    a loving family man
    an understanding family man

his eldest offsprings were twin sons
    Constantine and Palpatine.

Constantine is good
    Palpatine is evil

and yes that was the case; polar opposites
    but in highschool Palpatine met a girl; a loner, bookworm and he changed his overall nature because of her
    whereas Constantine met a rebellious noncommital girl
    and she took advantage of him and inevitably cheated and dumped him

inevitably;
    as story would have it..
    Palpatine became a space smuggler
    his wife, Selene became a famous author

Constantine on the other hand became more reclused; more bitter
    he got into fight with his ex-gf's new boyfriend; he lost.
    and his ex-gf and her boyfriend died in a "fire"
    and later he begins blaming all his downfall on his own twin brother
    who gets everything <-- irony since people were praising Constantine more when he was young..

and inevitably he plotted his own twin's death
    to which he went to his twin brother's home; Selene and Palpatine invited him in for dinner; and during they were preparing things
    Constantine sabotaged the stereo
    ...Palpatine would later die from electricution;
    and Constantine reveled in glory as he then tries to make a move on Selene
    who rejected him and told him off and saying how much of a monster Constantine is to murder his own brother...

and Constantine; shocked from the realization; cursed everyone and the town and ran off to the yard to hijack Palpatine's spaceship swearing never to return...

Selene would resurrect her recently deceased husband with her magical book; for her hero... is her beloved husband. (without Constantine knowing)

and in Constantine's final grim message before takeoff
    he took the name of Palpatine for himself
    to become the Emperor of the world; and spread his name to the endless reaches of the Universe!
    the final insult to his dead brother's name; by making Palpatine seem the true evil of the Universe!
    ...(since Constantine doesnt know his twin brother was resurrected)

*queue the emperor theme song from Star Wars*

The true Palpatine would swear to try and stop his brother; but even in his days as a space smuggler; he never could find or stop Consta-Palpatine.
    ... he died of old age along with his wife on the same day together...
    and their children carries on
    to their grandchildren
    and so forth...
    but to this day; their legacy has one mission passed down amongst eachother;
    that regardless of their career, regardless of their beliefs; if word of Consta-Palpatine arise;
    Their duty is to find him and stop him at all cost...

For to their entire family and lineage; the fake Palpatine (Constantine) is a crux they bare...

...but that story of mine was scrapped due to the halloween patch release
    and since it had Star Wars into it; its likely people would say

"HAH! HE DID IT BECAUSE OF THE STAR WARS OUTFITS!"
    and i couldnt bare that shame and misinterpretation
    hence i scrapped it and only share the detailed story to a few Simmers who like my outrageous stories

@LaAbby
    @Miki
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    Outrageous my foot! You're a man with a pen (well, a keyboard) and a knack for enduring prose.

Think back a few hundred years, when he was just an ordinary schnook with an able imagination and a way with words..... yet was discouraged from his art?

Where would we be without the Bard of Avon?

Just sayin'

:)
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited February 2015
    I doubt anything that happens in these careers is going to be related in any way to what is actually going on in your neighborhood. Like, as a doctor you might deliver babies, but they likely won't be actual babies being born in your town, they will probably just be there so your sim can play out the "doctor script" for their work day. "Crimes" will probably be fabricated just for the sake of the job, but will not actually occur in your town, so you really won't see any crime unless you currently have a sim working in that career.
    Conclue wrote: »
    Do we really think this game is going to introduce "murder" in that sense? That is more likely than not somewhat staged in the sense that you might be able to investigate why a Sim died, but I don't think "murder" is ever going to be referenced to or implemented in the Sims. If they won't do natural disasters, they're not doing this LOL

They did have natural disasters as part of TS$ EP survey.
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    I love the idea of murder in the game but only if I'm the one planning it >:) otherwise I can see why this would concern people I'm sure they won't randomly murder off your Sim characters that just be too mean.
  • RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    I just wonder where the murder scenes will be if it's not our own lots, and how that'll work.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Maybe it'll be like a game of Clue where "Mr. Body" is dead from the beginning? You go to a crime scene to investigate the death of John Doe (who technically never really existed in game anyway), you go around, find clues, solve the crime. There's no actual corpse and no dead sim because there never was a sim in the first place.

That would make the most sense to me, anyway.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I didn't think somebody would actually believe there will be murder in The Sims 4.

I think you should be more afraid about diseases, since the trailer says something about saving lives. But on the other hand, i'm sure there won't even be deadly diseases.
    marcellala wrote: »
    I didn't think somebody would actually believe there will be murder in The Sims 4.

I think you should be more afraid about diseases, since the trailer says something about saving lives. But on the other hand, i'm sure there won't even be deadly diseases.

well at most the white tape would be used to show where the sim fall
    or something mediorce as that.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Every time I see that outline I think of "Dance Like An Egyptian". Why? :D
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
    edited February 2015
    blewis823 wrote: »
    Every time I see that outline I think of "Dance Like An Egyptian". Why? :D

bangles_walk_like_an_egyptian.jpg
    watch?v=Cv6tuzHUuuk

OH WAIT!
    You said Dance!
    hahaha
    I thought you meant "Walk Like An Egyptian"
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    When I saw the chalk outline, my first concern was that EA was going to muck around and randomly kill my sims for the "story." I really do hope the murder mystery will be like others here mentioned, a sim that doesn't really exist other than a name for the investigation. I'm a micromanager at heart, & I don't want my sims messed with. I have plans for them you know! :p
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Oh, :tired_face: Sorry, I did mean that song, Dariu. :)
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited February 2015
    Guys, there was a banana. Someone tripped and fell. End of story.