Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I won't pre-order or purchase Get to Work until EA fixes this bug.

Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
There were three bugs relating to being on a non-home lot while another sim in the household was at work.

1) If you visited a non-home lot while another sim from the household was at work that sim would leave work prematurely when you returned home.

2) A sim at work would not take of their needs while another household member was on a non-home lot.

3) If a sim returned from work while a sim in household was on a non-home lot you did not have the normal options for the sim, you couldn't bring the sim to where you were or any other the other options. The sim at home would not take care of their needs.

The patch notes says the first bug has being fixed but does anyone know whether the other two have been as well.

Number 2 is having a really nasty impact on my game and is the main reason my sims rarely leave their home lot.
tsNVdyA.png
Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.
Post edited by Moon_Willow on

Comments

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    don't know about those ones, but I hit another similar one.

- if sim A is at work and sim B is getting married and then moved to a different lot, the game will save, go to that other lot, then when you come back to the lot of sim A it will be stuck at work with no performance being gained, but when they do eventually come home they will lose performance as if they haven't been in work that day to begin with.
  • Options
    I was finally able to get home and test for myself. It doesn't look as though bugs 2 and 3 have been fixed.

They need to be fixed before Get to Work come out because if you send your sim to another lot as part of their active career or business the work and performances of all the other sims in the household will suffer.

I think I will hold off pre-ordering or purchasing Get to Work until they have fixed the bug.
    tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    Mother spent the day at the museum
    musuem_zpsff1709ad.jpg
    versus
    Mother stayed at home
    home_zps47e3890f.jpg
    tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    if they're taking care of themselves, you'll see an icon similar to lighting next to them. It seems that they do it up until they need to go to work/ school, then after returning from there, they no longer take care of themselves. We should probably make a list of changing lots related bugs as I have a feeling that a lot are very specific and there's more of them than this.