Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- Can my Mac run The Sims 4? Answers can be found here -

Comments

• Options
    bandsbitxhbandsbitxh Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi guys, will this Mac run the sims 4? I've seen that some people are saying PCs are better but I have multiple different PCs both desktop and laptops but it hasn't worked well on any of them so a friend who plays on Mac said she found it much better on MacBook Pro. The specs of the MacBook Pro 2015 I'm looking at are:
    -Retina Display
    -16gb of RAM
    -512gb flash storage
    -Intel Iris Pro graphics and AMD Radeon R9 M370X
    -2.5ghz quad core Intel i7 turbo boost up to 3.7ghz

Thanks
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    bandsbitxh wrote: »
    Hi guys, will this Mac run the sims 4? I've seen that some people are saying PCs are better but I have multiple different PCs both desktop and laptops but it hasn't worked well on any of them so a friend who plays on Mac said she found it much better on MacBook Pro. The specs of the MacBook Pro 2015 I'm looking at are:
    -Retina Display
    -16gb of RAM
    -512gb flash storage
    -Intel Iris Pro graphics and AMD Radeon R9 M370X
    -2.5ghz quad core Intel i7 turbo boost up to 3.7ghz

Thanks

Yes it should.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    KaylienSimKaylienSim Posts: 2 New Member
    hey guys I have a early 2015 macbook air OS X YOSEMITE version 10.10.5. My macbook cant even open sims 3, I've tried everything:( so I was wondering if it would run sims 4 at all? I have a strong feeling it wont since I cant even play sims 3 on here. please help all I can play is sims 2 because I bought it on the app store.
    Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
    Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5

please help:)i really want to play
  • Options
    SpacePrinceEvanSpacePrinceEvan Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! I was wondering if my MacBook pro would be able to run TS4?
    Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013
    Processor 2 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
    Serial Number C02LPEJPFD56
    Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F1808)

Thank you!
  • Options
    PortgasPortgas Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello!

Thank you for the information!
    I'm ready to purchase The Sims 4 with some DLC stuff, so, I hope my laptop is gonna work just fine! ;)

I have MacBook Pro 15 inch Retina, Late 2013

OS X 10.10 Yosemite
    Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz)
    Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Again, Thank you!
  • Options
    sutivirus12sutivirus12 Posts: 110 Member
    Portgas wrote: »
    Hello!

Thank you for the information!
    I'm ready to purchase The Sims 4 with some DLC stuff, so, I hope my laptop is gonna work just fine! ;)

I have MacBook Pro 15 inch Retina, Late 2013

OS X 10.10 Yosemite
    Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz)
    Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Again, Thank you!

It will work just fine! On high settings I think! :smile:
    thesims4galleryhousessignature_zps7u25o7vp.png
  • Options
    LinelisabetaLinelisabeta Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello!

I'm wondering if my mac can run The sims 4:

MacBook Pro OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.5
    2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
    8 Go 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 Mo

Thanks!

• Options
    WaterrockzWaterrockz Posts: 22 New Member
    Hey everyone! Before I ask my question, this thread is amazing! It has been so helpful with my process in buying a new laptop.
    Ok, I have narrowed the choices to 2 Macbooks. Both meet the minimum requirements, but I wanted to see which one would perform the best with playing S4 or S3.

2009 Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Processor 2.53GHz; 4GB DDR3 RAM; 250GB Hard Drive; GeForce 9400M

2012 Macbook Pro: Intel Core i7 Processor 2.6GHz; 8GB DDR3 RAM; 750GB Hard Drive; GeForce GT 650M

I want to grab some of your opinion's before I make a choice.

Thank you!!!!!
  • Options
    Waterrockz wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Before I ask my question, this thread is amazing! It has been so helpful with my process in buying a new laptop.
    Ok, I have narrowed the choices to 2 Macbooks. Both meet the minimum requirements, but I wanted to see which one would perform the best with playing S4 or S3.

2009 Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Processor 2.53GHz; 4GB DDR3 RAM; 250GB Hard Drive; GeForce 9400M

2012 Macbook Pro: Intel Core i7 Processor 2.6GHz; 8GB DDR3 RAM; 750GB Hard Drive; GeForce GT 650M

I want to grab some of your opinion's before I make a choice.

Thank you!!!!!

The 2012 MBP. Because that is the one I have and I play beautifully on it. You can upgrade the RAM to 16gb too. :)

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    You are the best! Thank you!!!!
  • Options

I think I had the same 2009 one before so it's quite funny that you picked those two :D

I took this picture last night in game, you can see how great the graphics look (I played around with the colours a bit but you can see the nice smooth graphics still):

pool.png

apple-signature.png
  • Options

I think I had the same 2009 one before so it's quite funny that you picked those two :D

I took this picture last night in game, you can see how great the graphics look (I played around with the colours a bit but you can see the nice smooth graphics still):

That is hilarious! What are the odds of that happening :) My old one was great until is decided it like the ground better than my table.

Those graphics look fantastic!! I am so excited to start playing again!!!!
    What upgrade did you use to get the 16GB?
  • Options
    My old one was great until is decided it like the ground better than my table.

Poor little Mac :(

I bought 2x 8Gb Kingston RAM chips from Amazon and installed it myself. But I have the non-retina. If the one you're getting is the retina you won't be able to upgrade it.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    ThistleSulfurThistleSulfur Posts: 1 New Member
    I downloaded Sims 4 on my 15" Mid 2012 MBP without second thought, and I have been playing it since December with issues. It didn't occur to me to change the graphic settings, or why I have these issues. It is pixelated, grainy at times, and super laggy. I have put up with it until now when it finally occurred to me this could be fixed. Any help would be appreciated.
    My specs are:
    2.3 GHz Quad-Core i7
    4GB Ram (upgrading to 8gb)
    500GB Hard drive (upgrading to 500gb SSD)
    Intel Graphics 4000
    NVIDIA 650M
    *I bought this with the very minimum specs in '13.
    I am also running Mavericks.*
    Should I upgrade to Yosemite or El Capitan?
    All of my game option graphics are set to High. I forgot what resolution I am running on. What are the recommended settings for my specs and future specs when I upgrade?

• Options
    I downloaded Sims 4 on my 15" Mid 2012 MBP without second thought, and I have been playing it since December with issues. It didn't occur to me to change the graphic settings, or why I have these issues. It is pixelated, grainy at times, and super laggy. I have put up with it until now when it finally occurred to me this could be fixed. Any help would be appreciated.
    My specs are:
    2.3 GHz Quad-Core i7
    4GB Ram (upgrading to 8gb)
    500GB Hard drive (upgrading to 500gb SSD)
    Intel Graphics 4000
    NVIDIA 650M
    *I bought this with the very minimum specs in '13.
    I am also running Mavericks.*
    Should I upgrade to Yosemite or El Capitan?
    All of my game option graphics are set to High. I forgot what resolution I am running on. What are the recommended settings for my specs and future specs when I upgrade?

Is your NVIDIA 650M 512Mb VRAM or 1024Mb (1Gb)? I think it's 512Mb as you have the 2.3 i7 CPU.

Updating to Yosemite should help but El Capitan has issues with some of the NVIDIA GPUs, yours included. You can get past this by manually updating the NVIDIA driver though.

What are your in game graphics settings? Can you screenshot them and post the picture here? Or just write them in a post. Do you have laptop mode enabled?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    pfeffernussepfeffernusse Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I'm wondering if it's possible to play the Sims 4 on the new 12" MacBook. The bare minimum graphics settings would be fine, and no DLC necessary. Here are the specs:

Model: 2016 12" Macbook
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 515
    Processor: 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core m7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz) with 4MB L3 cache
    Memory: 8GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
    Storage: 512GB PCIe-based onboard flash storage
    Display Resolution: 2304x1440

Thank You!
  • Options
    HorseySimHorseySim Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't know what RAM is and stuff like that but I went to "about my mac" and found this:
    OS X El Capitan
    Version 10.11.6

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)
    Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDr3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    (btw I checked storage and it says I have 401.94 free... Is there a way of knowing if thats for the hard drive or not?)

Thx!
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    RAM stands for Random Access Memory. It is the additional memory that your computer needs to run games, programs, etc. The more of it you have the better. It means your computer doesn't have to work as hard to run games and such.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Hi, do you think the roumored MBP 2016 will run the sims 4 not just good but great, if brand new
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Maybe. We don't have specs yet for the MBP.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    HannahBanzHannahBanz Posts: 6 New Member
    would the sims 4 run on my macbook pro its

processor - 2.4 Ghz intel core i5
    memory - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics - intel iris 1536 MB
    software - OS X 10.9.5

i don't know if i have enough memory for it and if i installed the sims 4 would it mean that my mac would be barely usable due to using all the memory, unable to access things, slowed down, and basically purely used just to play the game however i wish to still use it for is soul purpose of internet access ext ...

because i don't want to invest my money in something that won't work or isn't playable due to graphics and running ext ...
  • Options
    HannahBanz wrote: »

software - OS X 10.9.5

i don't know if i have enough memory for it and if i installed the sims 4 would it mean that my mac would be barely usable due to using all the memory, unable to access things, slowed down, and basically purely used just to play the game however i wish to still use it for is soul purpose of internet access ext ...

because i don't want to invest my money in something that won't work or isn't playable due to graphics and running ext ...

You should be able to play but your graphics may need to be on low. You should also update to OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite or OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

apple-signature.png
  • Options

software - OS X 10.9.5

You should be able to play but your graphics may need to be on low. You should also update to OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite or OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

thanks however will the game slow down my macbook and do i have enough memory with only 8GB and the recommended being 9 and 10GB ?
  • Options
    my macs memory is :

and i don't know if this is enough to run the game without clogging up my mac and taking up all the memory, also has anyone got any idea what the graphics would be like if i turned them down to low?

• Options
    my macs memory is :

and i don't know if this is enough to run the game without clogging up my mac and taking up all the memory, also has anyone got any idea what the graphics would be like if i turned them down to low?

You're confusing hard drive space with RAM (memory). To see how much space you have on your internal storage click on the Apple icon in the menu bar then About This Mac, then click on Storage. You will see a bar at the top and it will tell you how much space you have left.

apple-signature.png