Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need your help - patch downloading issues in The Sims 3

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    WFTMommaWFTMomma Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, it would seem that I am in the patch loop too.
    I am on Windows 7
    I did a clean uninstall, followed steps from the wiki site, used the CCleaner. Also I did not do a backup as I want to start fresh. Then began reinstalling. I have a disc of the base game, I used that and didn't install Origin as per the steps. The disc being a much older version, 1.06 or something like that, I was not able to start the game with TS3W.exe as it is not there to use and nothing happened when I click the play button on the launcher. Then I read about removing sims3 folder to desk top, did those steps and the game would load, I got to the screen where you choose a new world or a saved one, but the game was frozen there, I had to close it with Task manager.
    I thought I had lost my base game months ago as I was considering reinstalling then so I bought the download version through Origin. When things weren't working with the disc I did the uninstall again and downloaded the online version, which of course updated my game to 1.69, I was like nooooo lol Which wouldn't load the game, sorry I can not remember if I was getting an error message. My head is swimming with all the steps and stuff that I am getting confused, gads, you almost have be an IT person to just get this silly game to work lol
    Anyways, so I uninstalled again and reinstalled from the disk, didn't install Origin, but this time the launcher said it could not connect with EADM, sooo I went ahead and installed Origin. Which seems to be in a loop wanting to be updated. I have also downloaded the Super patch but have no idea how to run it. Nothing happens after the dl. Hopefully this can be fixed.....Pretty Please! :-D
  • Options
    vturner1972vturner1972 Posts: 11 New Member
    It is doing the same for me.