Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need help installing CC.

I decided to come back to The Sims 3 due to the lack of content in The Sims 4.
However, with installing .package files, I'm having issues.
I mean, I have the Resource.cfg file in the appropriate folder (I think).
I remember you could just make your Mods folder, then make two separate folders being Overrides and Packages and place the cfg files there. Then you could proceed to installing package files. Unfortunately, the files are not showing up in my game launcher. :(

Comments

• Options
    WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    They won't show up in your game launcher because they are package files. If you downloaded .sims3pack files then you put them in the Downloads folder under The Sims 3 and you can install them on the launcher, but there is no install process for package files that go in the packages folder, they'll just be in your game.
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • Options
    MindaSamielsMindaSamiels Posts: 39 Member
    Okay, need help...I made the mods folder with the overrides and packages folders and downloaded just the one mod I want...the veterinarian mod and it won't work...so I moved that file out and tried the no opening mod and it worked...HELP!! My sim loves animals and wants to be a vet!!!!! They should have included that in PETS!!!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Okay, need help...I made the mods folder with the overrides and packages folders and downloaded just the one mod I want...the veterinarian mod and it won't work...so I moved that file out and tried the no opening mod and it worked...HELP!! My sim loves animals and wants to be a vet!!!!! They should have included that in PETS!!!
    Would that happen to be one of the veterinarian careers that requires the NRaas Careers base mod? I don't even know of any custom careers that run without that as a platform. :)
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Careers
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net