Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need a The Sims 4 Mac Section!

So until the creation of this section (hint, hint, EA and the forum developers...) we should all talk about the upcoming release of the Mac version of The Sims 4.

I am so excited that it is being released within the next 28 days (hopefully sooner, rather than later) so I am getting hyped until then!

What are you all doing to prepare, if you haven't played the game yet? :)

Comments

• SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    Also, my iMac configuration is:

27" iMac with 3.2GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB Ram, 1TB of storage, and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M graphics card

What are all your other configurations??
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My config:

Late 2011 iMac
    21.5 in screen
    2.7Ghz Intel Core i5
    16GB RAM
    1TB storage (300GB on a Boot Camp partition I'll be deleting once I'm convinced Sims 4 on Mac is stable)
    Radeon HD 6770M

I've been playing Sims 4 on a Win7 Boot Camp partition, and it plays like a dream, but I'm tired of booting into Windows to play the game then back into Mac to get work done (writing and image processing; I'm an amateur photographer).

I just recently opened up the game, saved all my current game saves (I've got three; one with my original family's descendants, one with a new family, and a third I use just for building) on the same date, then deleted everything in my Saves folder that was older than that. When we get the Mac edition, I'll copy my Sims 4 folder from my Bootcamp partition to my Mac desktop and I can move my saves, Tray and Mods folder to the new Sims 4 folder in My Documents.

I'm pretty sure they'll set up a separate Mac Discussions category once the Mac version launches. Hopefully with a native coded Mac edition rather than a PC game running under Cider (which is what we had in Sims 3) we'll have fewer issues with game play and Mac-specific glitches (I had to set up my partition mainly because I was running into "unknown errors" when installing Sims 3 on the Mac side).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    I am sure there is going to be a Mac section in the near future. The Sims 3 section has one, so I am pretty confident that a Mac section for the Sims 4 would open very soon. ;)
    > @stilljustme2 said:
    > My config:
    >
    > Late 2011 iMac
    > 21.5 in screen
    > 2.7Ghz Intel Core i5
    > 16GB RAM
    > 1TB storage (300GB on a Boot Camp partition I'll be deleting once I'm convinced Sims 4 on Mac is stable)
    > Radeon HD 6770M
    >
    > I've been playing Sims 4 on a Win7 Boot Camp partition, and it plays like a dream, but I'm tired of booting into Windows to play the game then back into Mac to get work done (writing and image processing; I'm an amateur photographer).
    >
    > I just recently opened up the game, saved all my current game saves (I've got three; one with my original family's descendants, one with a new family, and a third I use just for building) on the same date, then deleted everything in my Saves folder that was older than that. When we get the Mac edition, I'll copy my Sims 4 folder from my Bootcamp partition to my Mac desktop and I can move my saves, Tray and Mods folder to the new Sims 4 folder in My Documents.
    >
    > I'm pretty sure they'll set up a separate Mac Discussions category once the Mac version launches. Hopefully with a native coded Mac edition rather than a PC game running under Cider (which is what we had in Sims 3) we'll have fewer issues with game play and Mac-specific glitches (I had to set up my partition mainly because I was running into "unknown errors" when installing Sims 3 on the Mac side).

Wow you have quite the set-up. I have never really liked Bootcamp as I switched to Mac to get away from Windows in the first place. Very excited we have a new game coming our way shortly!
    > @colton147 said:
    > I am sure there is going to be a Mac section in the near future. The Sims 3 section has one, so I am pretty confident that a Mac section for the Sims 4 would open very soon.

Hopefully! :D
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Great idea? Perhaps ask them to sticky your thread? :) I hope you guys love it :)
    > @sparkfairy1 said:
    > Great idea? Perhaps ask them to sticky your thread? I hope you guys love it

I got to play on a PC but the gameplay was SOOOO slow that I just opted to wait for it to be released on Mac. I liked the gameplay and what it had to offer, but the graphics and quality was just terrible so I'm happy I can play on a better computer!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Simsocity wrote: »
    > @stilljustme2 said:
    > My config:
    >
    > Late 2011 iMac
    > 21.5 in screen
    > 2.7Ghz Intel Core i5
    > 16GB RAM
    > 1TB storage (300GB on a Boot Camp partition I'll be deleting once I'm convinced Sims 4 on Mac is stable)
    > Radeon HD 6770M
    >
    > I've been playing Sims 4 on a Win7 Boot Camp partition, and it plays like a dream, but I'm tired of booting into Windows to play the game then back into Mac to get work done (writing and image processing; I'm an amateur photographer).
    >
    > I just recently opened up the game, saved all my current game saves (I've got three; one with my original family's descendants, one with a new family, and a third I use just for building) on the same date, then deleted everything in my Saves folder that was older than that. When we get the Mac edition, I'll copy my Sims 4 folder from my Bootcamp partition to my Mac desktop and I can move my saves, Tray and Mods folder to the new Sims 4 folder in My Documents.
    >
    > I'm pretty sure they'll set up a separate Mac Discussions category once the Mac version launches. Hopefully with a native coded Mac edition rather than a PC game running under Cider (which is what we had in Sims 3) we'll have fewer issues with game play and Mac-specific glitches (I had to set up my partition mainly because I was running into "unknown errors" when installing Sims 3 on the Mac side).

Wow you have quite the set-up. I have never really liked Bootcamp as I switched to Mac to get away from Windows in the first place. Very excited we have a new game coming our way shortly!

I had an older 2005 Intel Core Duo which died the day before Sims 3 Pets was released. :# When I tried to reinstall all my Sims 3 disks on the new iMac that's when I ran into the "unknown errors" so that's when I set up the Boot Camp partition. Not all that crazy about Windows (I worked in various companies here in Silicon Valley so I had to learn both anyway) but I can deal with it if I have to. If I get the money I might eventually get a good gaming laptop to play some of the Windows-only games out there (we don't have space for a second desktop, even if we do end up moving to a 2 bedroom apartment which I'm hoping we can get).

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    > @stilljustme2 said:
    > Simsocity wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I had an older 2005 Intel Core Duo which died the day before Sims 3 Pets was released. When I tried to reinstall all my Sims 3 disks on the new iMac that's when I ran into the "unknown errors" so that's when I set up the Boot Camp partition. Not all that crazy about Windows (I worked in various companies here in Silicon Valley so I had to learn both anyway) but I can deal with it if I have to. If I get the money I might eventually get a good gaming laptop to play some of the Windows-only games out there (we don't have space for a second desktop, even if we do end up moving to a 2 bedroom apartment which I'm hoping we can get).

Good luck on the new apartment! :)

What a bummer that it died but at least that gave you a new excuse for a new computer! ;) Glad it's all going well now and hopefully TS4 will run much smoother on a native version!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    This should be in "Technical Discussions" actually.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif