Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Forrest Family - My Nomad Challenge

I saw the Nomad Challenge being put together by @VanillaChai and decided to give it a go. I randomized and tweaked David & Lauren Forrest. A young adult married couple (I even randomized the last name Forrest and felt it was appropriate!). I am hoping to post a very in depth catalog of their journey. I purchased the Hallow Slough property and bought one outdoor trash can and took away all their money. I sent them immediately to the park to start collecting. David started fishing at the pond while Lauren searched for frogs. Lauren was very successful and caught 19 different frogs! She also collected 3 My Sim Trophies (Yuki, Chaz McFreely, and Lyndsay), harvested Lillies and Snapdragons, dug up a Peach crystal and a Treasure Map . David caught 7 types of fish (Trout, Koi, Guppy, Goldfish, Bass, Perch and Salmon), an apple and a plumbing piece. After I sold all the extra frogs and fish they had earned $1,470! Not bad! They purchased the Easy Camper Tent for $420 and called it a night.
David:
yiCem3b.png
Lauren:
BetRUKK.png
First cast:
QRw6IBZ.png
First attempt:
tU8OO4G.png
Day One Over:
rlHVmmd.png
Origin ID: SimHead82

Comments

• Options
    SimHead82SimHead82 Posts: 154 Member
    I forgot to mention skills. David had Charisma 1 and Fishing 3, Lauren had Charisma 1 and Gardening 1 at the end of Day 1.
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Cute starting couple. Funny story I've created my founder for this and her last name is Woods :) Haven't really started yet, though cause I got a couple of other stories going at the moment. I've got yours bookmarked now so I can keep up with your adventure :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    Day 2:
    Both Sims were filthy dirty but they had work to do. I Sent Lauren out to dig and harvest and David went fishing. David gave Lauren the apple he caught the day before to eat ( I totally forgot I was supposed to save it to plant - oops!). He eventually caught a fish he could eat. After Lauren was done digging in the neighborhood she started fishing and caught a perch (already have one in the collection) and so she roasted it while David roasted a bass. After they ate I decided to send them to Granite Falls for two days. I am hoping they will gain some skills and find lots of items for their collections.

So far the collections are:
    Crystals: 2/20
    Elements: 0/15
    Fish: 9/22
    Fossils: 1/15
    Frogs: 20/25
    Insects: 4/21
    Metals: 1/20
    My Sim Trophies: 7/20
    Plants: 4/32 Basil, Lily, Snapdragon, Strawberries, and a bunch of unidentified ones.

Current Simoleons: $498 (bought a fire pit and 2 day camping trip)

Skills:
    David: Charisma 1, Cooking 1, Fishing 5
    Lauren: Charisma 1, Comedy 1, Cooking 1, Fishing 1, Gardening 1

Stinky:
    zPOU17l.png
    Digging:
    MUG4PLJ.png
    Doh, shouldn't have eaten that!
    bGW4Csa.png
    Breakfast:
    8AvORaW.png
    Mtahg65.png
    More digging:
    iX9nTMI.png
    Goodnight!
    SdcOmib.png
  • Options
    Cute starting couple. Funny story I've created my founder for this and her last name is Woods :) Haven't really started yet, though cause I got a couple of other stories going at the moment. I've got yours bookmarked now so I can keep up with your adventure :)

You'll have to let me know when you start it so I can follow! So far so good. I think it would have been a lot more challenging with only one Sim though. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Day 3
    Lots of collecting and fishing. David fished up 2 cow plant seeds and an easy camper tent. They went into the Deep Woods but it was kind of late in the afternoon and it wasn't the best for collecting. Their vacation has one day left, I think I'll extend it one more day and try and collect some more. My plan is to not start my garden at home until I start building a house.

Crystals: 3/20
    Fish: 12/22
    Fossils: 5/15
    Insects: 12/21
    Metals: 2/20
    My Sim Trophies: 8/20
    Plants: 10/32 Basil, Lily, Snapdragon, Strawberries, and a bunch of unidentified ones.

Current Simoleons: $1,227

Skills:
    David: Charisma 1, Cooking 1, Fishing 6
    Lauren: Charisma 1, Comedy 1, Cooking 1, Fishing 1, Gardening 2

More fish for breakfast:
    aLa6YM5.png
    2hqXILY.png
    Ick:
    B3WlefE.png
    Luna Moths:
    uc4ulCa.png
    Will-O-the-wisp:
    PMjDx0m.png
    Goodnight!
    kbpd4az.png
  • Options
    Day 4
    Was kind of a bust. Didn't get any new items for collections. Lots of duplicates. Didn't even make any money because of $111/day vacation and $10 showers. Basically fished for dinner today.

Collections: Same as last time.

Money: $1096

Skills:
    David: Charisma 1, Cooking 1, Fishing 6
    Lauren: Charisma 1, Comedy 1, Cooking 1, Fishing 2, Gardening 2

kiw7REm.png
    D688mAj.png
    xoF0svM.png
    eMZ35EI.png
  • Options
    Day 5
    Last day of vacation. Fished and collected some new bugs. No new frogs or other collectibles. David did fish up some Parsley so I have a few herbs to plant. Lauren also harvested potatoes, carrots and onions, so we have a few veggies to start our garden with. Lauren also harvested a bunch of strawberries and blackberries. Excited to get them home and start gardening. Will spend time at the park trying to get the last 5 frogs so we can maybe build a bathroom at least! Luckily, there is a public bathroom across the street or we might have to go to the gym and shower. We might have to buy the portable shower in the mean time.

Crystals: 3/20
    Fish: 12/22
    Fossils: 5/15
    Insects: 15/21
    Metals: 2/20
    My Sim Trophies: 8/20
    Plants: 11/32 Basil, Lily, Snapdragon, Strawberries, and a bunch of unidentified ones.

Current Simoleons: $322 (Had to buy more items for "home" and garden beds)

Skills:
    David: Charisma 1, Cooking 2, Fishing 6, Gardening 1
    Lauren: Charisma 1, Comedy 1, Cooking 1, Fishing 3, Gardening 2

ZR881m0.png
    Back pocket fish
    NbTVApz.png
    More fish for dinner
    O1jmm0Q.png
    Gardening!
    zre6AUM.png

• Options
    Day 6
    Cooking and keeping the Sims full is kind of a pain since you can only cook with things caught/harvested. I mostly roast fish over the camp fire for food. We did some good collecting today! Found one more frog and some metals and fossils. Harvested some apples, so I planted a tree and bought more flower beds to plant some berries.

Crystals: 4/20
    Fish: 13/22
    Fossils: 7/15
    Metals: 5/20
    My Sim Trophies: 12/20
    Plants: 14/32 Still have a bunch of unidentified ones.

Current Simoleons: $1100

Skills:
    David: Charisma 1, Cooking 2, Fishing 7, Gardening 1, Fitness 1
    Lauren: Charisma 1, Comedy 1, Cooking 1, Fishing 3, Gardening 2

Roasted fish:
    9NZjvtn.png
    Jogging:
    OENv43h.png
    Fishing:
    kauDWzk.png
  • Options
    Day 7
    Because David and Lauren got to bed late the night before, they wasted part of the day and didn't do much but tend to the garden. We lucked out on food because we came upon an abandoned picnic lunch - hamburgers! Score! Lauren talked to a neighbor and David fished a little. I decided we had to get the portable shower, going to the gym every day is just impossible. David and Lauren got to bed at a decent hour and hopefully tomorrow will be more productive for the collections. Thinking a few kids to help with the garden will be nice. Just need a house first!

P.S. - So on Day 5 (I think) David and Lauren were throwing away garbage but it got cancelled mid action and the garbage laid on the grass by the mailbox and trashcan and today I noticed plants were now where the trash had been. David watered them and they are called Trash Plants. Weird and random!

COLLECTIONS:
    Crystals: 4/20
    Fish: 13/22
    Fossils: 7/15
    Metals: 5/20
    My Sim Trophies: 12/20
    Plants: 15/32 Trash plants discovered!

Current Simoleons: $800

Skills:
    David: Charisma 1, Cooking 2, Fishing 7, Gardening 2, Fitness 1, Video Game 1 (stupid phone!)
    Lauren: Charisma 1, Comedy 1, Cooking 2, Fishing 3, Gardening 3, Herbalism 1

What's this? hamburgers?
    1siuf5N.png
    Yummm, it's not fish!
    OWIkjUl.png
    Even someone walking by got in on this meal!
    h9Zm1jd.png
    Yesssss a shower!
    7sbo3CB.png
    Trash plants:
    t0FjCa4.png
    Garden so far!
    bjvqwqk.png
    David's turn in the shower:
    bSR4Zyr.png
    Planted one Cow Seed too!
    lA2SMKN.png
  • Options
    Day 8
    Garden seemed easier to maintain today. In fact, Lauren took care of it all herself before David even woke up. They had a good day of collecting. Got some new metals, crystals, fossils, and another My Sim Trophy. Hoping tomorrow we can explore a secret area. I also picked up some Pears so I will plant one and waiting for Lemon trees to grow so we can harvest those too!

COLLECTIONS:
    Crystals: 7/20
    Fish: 14/22
    Fossils: 9/15
    Frogs: 21/25
    Metals: 7/20
    My Sim Trophies: 13/20
    Plants: 16/32 Trash plants discovered!

Current Simoleons: $1662

Skills:
    David: Charisma 1, Cooking 2, Fishing 8, Gardening 2, Fitness 1, Video Game 1

Ready to harvest already!
    6Azku0r.png
    Playing with matches
    0NPKkZn.png
    This old guy was creepin' on Lauren.
    uXPVGNR.png
    Dig, dig, dig!
    jRzThMh.png
    MkorbDh.png
    What left-overs did we stumble upon tonight?
    0AkXkpP.png
    OMG hotdogs?
    71nEmRl.png
    Time for bed!
    0g19BMx.png
  • Options
    Day 9
    Well I thought we'd have one collection done by now and would be expanding our little family. At this point I am not sure which collection we will finish first. I'm thinking we have a few days before David and Lauren need to start trying for a baby. We had a good day none the less. We tended to the garden and had a little adventure! David and Lauren went exploring in Sylvan Glade. I personally have never been there (EVER! I know, right?). I found it to be very beautiful and kind of creepy. (See pictures below!) We caught 2 new fish and found 2 new My Sims Trophies. While fishing, David caught a pomegranate (!). I noticed there were Cherry trees but they were all saplings. Maybe we'll go back in a few days and harvest some cherries. No luck on finding the 4 remaining frogs. Also, we really need a personal toilet!

COLLECTIONS:
    Crystals: 7/20
    Fish: 16/22
    Fossils: 9/15
    Frogs: 21/25
    Metals: 7/20
    My Sim Trophies: 15/20
    Plants: 16/32 Trash plants discovered!

Current Simoleons: $1369 (Bought more garden beds).

Skills:
    David: Charisma 1, Comedy 1, Cooking 2, Fishing 8, Gardening 2, Fitness 1, Video Game 1

Looking good!
    RR9TGHg.png
    Garbage Fruit
    tueNV4r.png
    An adventure awaits!
    c7hzrEo.png
    Where are we?
    jBxfX5W.png
    I can smell the beauty.
    kSlJxQp.png
    Caught Emotion Potion (2 of them)
    4bBBudx.png
    It's a rainbow!
    1G6IwhA.png
    Is something with red eyes watching me from that bush?
    Ewy037l.png
    Planting that pomegranate!
    DdCnQcx.png
    No left-overs, so we go back to roasted fish
    GQgAfJ9.png
    Goodnight!
    flvBYo0.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Day 10
    Traveled to Oasis Springs to collect around town. Tried to go to the Forgotten Grotto but didn't realize you needed level 10 handiness! Oops! Headed to the park and caught 2 more frogs! Woot! Only need 2 more to finish the collection. We also got 2 new crystals, 3 metals, and a My Sims Trophy. Not a bad day. Learned David can now grill potatoes on a BBQ. So we had grilled potatoes twice today (Yay no more roasted fish!)! The bills were due - $282 (not too bad). The cow plant is all grown up. Not sure what to do with it other than have it around for the collection. Trying to decide if it would be acceptable behavior to have a baby in a bassinet outside the tent. We'll see...

COLLECTIONS:
    Crystals: 9/20
    Fish: 16/22
    Fossils: 9/15 (Ok this is tricky because I thought everything that came out of limestone was a fossil. Will double check this collection next time.)
    Frogs: 23/25
    Metals: 10/20
    My Sim Trophies: 16/20
    Plants: 16/32

Current Simoleons: $1113

Skills:
    David: Charisma 1, Comedy 1, Cooking 2, Fishing 8, Gardening 2, Fitness 1, Video Game 1
    Lauren: Charisma 1, Comedy 1, Cooking 2, Fishing 4, Gardening 3, Herbalism 3, Video Game 1

Water, water, water...
    sDuiKi5.png
    Another trash plant, just from laziness.
    MXJ5mZc.png
    Grilling potatoes
    6n4YZFd.png
    Eating grilled potatoes
    6zJvhcz.png
    Eating grilled potatoes together
    QZbXYLI.png
    Bessie
    xpmuGw4.png
    Please don't eat me!
    i4SHwyq.png
    Here's some cardboard
    9EIIvaG.png
    Snuck in some time at the gym, waiting for a shower.
    AkEZYR0.png
    Goodnight! (Guard cow plant, like a guard dog...)
    nd5gwLn.png
  • Options
    VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    edited February 2015
    Yay! I'm so glad to see someone else enjoying the challenge. You're doing great so far. Your couple is adorable and I can't wait to see their little nomad children. My couple had their baby when they lived in a tent. It kinda feels like they're abandoning him / her. If I did it again, I'd have them sleep on an air mattress under the stars with the bassinet instead.

Isn't it exciting to see the hidden lot for the first time? Sooo pretty! Also, a bit creepy.

I've yet to grow a cowplant in the Sims 4. I'm honestly terrified of them. My sims have 9 cowplant berries sitting in their inventory right now. Maybe I'll plant it soon? Maybe.
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Options
    Also, yay for park food! And boo to life without toilets.

• Options
    @VanillaChai I am really enjoying this, probably because it is so outside of how I usually play. The cow plant is creepy and I am afraid it will eat one of our neighbors. That lady neighbor came over and was petting it while it had the piece of cake out. I was worried the other neighbors will call us murderers! I think before we build a house we will have to move to the biggest lot in the neighborhood because of the museum and garden. I think we are going to have to start trying for a baby since they are more than half way through young adult already. Hoping we get a collection finished soon so we can have a bathroom and kitchen at least!
  • Options
    That's the main reason I made the challenge - for something different. I've already started to get bored with just skilling to get promoted and achieving aspirations. I wanted something that got my sims out of the house and exploring the worlds. Plus, I want to see all of the collections... and my legacy family is too busy with other stuff to focus on that yet.