Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

where can i buy this game cheap?

hi i would like to buy the sims 4, because i would really like to try the game out. i know there's this 48 hour demo from origin, but this isn't enough time for me to decide if the gameplay itself will suit me. and i would also like to buy the new game pack, which looks interesting for me. :(
i've seen some gameplays and the game looks a bit limited, though it still has some features that i would love to try. however i don't think the game is worth 60€. that's a lot of money for a game which seems to have even less features that ts3 and ts2. honestly, i wouldn't pay more than 35€ for it.
so i'm wondering if there's any way of getting the sims 4 cheaper? is there any store selling it at lower price or something?

Comments

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    You'll just have to keep your eye for a sale. I got mine in the Black Friday sale pretty cheap.

I haven't paid full price for a game in years. I just keep my eye out for the bundles and/or offers. I am guessing there will most likely be something when the Free Trial campaign comes to an end
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    I know of a few players who completed the free trial and were then offered the full game at a 33% discount.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Ebay.
  • HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    wait until april 1st... that's when the best things in life are free.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    wait until april 1st... that's when the best things in life are free.

:sunglasses: You are deliciously naughty. :)

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • GryffixGryffix Posts: 37 Member
    You can either...
    > Wait until the game gets older - thus cheaper.
    > You can buy it 2nd hand.
    > In some stores you can trade in an old game in exchange for a cheaper new game.
    > Wait until it's your birthday and someone else can buy it for you. ;)
    > Use coupons.
  • GryffixGryffix Posts: 37 Member
    > @JoeHartman said:
    > hi i would like to buy the sims 4, because i would really like to try the game out. i know there's this 48 hour demo from origin, but this isn't enough time for me to decide if the gameplay itself will suit me. and i would also like to buy the new game pack, which looks interesting for me. :(
    > i've seen some gameplays and the game looks a bit limited, though it still has some features that i would love to try. however i don't think the game is worth 60€. that's a lot of money for a game which seems to have even less features that ts3 and ts2. honestly, i wouldn't pay more than 35€ for it.
    > so i'm wondering if there's any way of getting the sims 4 cheaper? is there any store selling it at lower price or something?

If you've already decided the game is not worth more than 35 euros you already know the answer. ;-)
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Um, I don't think you can buy a used copy like people above are suggesting. The code links with your origin account and cannot be transferred. Please be wary when purchasing from eBay, if they used the code the disc will be useless for you.

It's about $50 on Amazon. I saw it in my local Wal-Mart and Target for $39.99 recently. Not sure if you have access to those stores.

I would suggest trying out the free trial first, they may give you a coupon when it expires.

Outdoor Retreat is $19.99. I have not seen it cheaper anywhere, but it is a digital download only so I suspect it will probably maintain its price until more packs come out.
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Read this thread on the sims subreddit and I'm sure you'll find one of the best discounts around.

http://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/2sekwu/20_off_sims_4_outdoor_retreat_promo/

I won't point it out for a reason but it should be obvious.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Um, I don't think you can buy a used copy like people above are suggesting. The code links with your origin account and cannot be transferred. Please be wary when purchasing from eBay, if they used the code the disc will be useless for you.

It's about $50 on Amazon. I saw it in my local Wal-Mart and Target for $39.99 recently. Not sure if you have access to those stores.

I would suggest trying out the free trial first, they may give you a coupon when it expires.

Outdoor Retreat is $19.99. I have not seen it cheaper anywhere, but it is a digital download only so I suspect it will probably maintain its price until more packs come out.

I purchased from eBay in the first month of release at a 33% discount... my only regret is that the game installed successfully :unamused: I would have loved to take advantage of eBay's return guarantee for bum purchases. My point is that eBay is a great place to buy a new copy of the game at a discounted price.

Cheers.