Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Craft Brewing

In Sims 3 we had Nectar, which was basically the equivalent of wine. I loved that the sims team added this! I made a sim who owned a vineyard and grew her own grapes and developed them. She made all of her own Nectar and sold it. I had so much fun with this part of sims 3, I had generations of sims who helped grow this vineyard and ended up making some pretty spectacular, uh, "nectar."

Now I really would like to see the ability for sims to brew their own CRAFT BEER. Before I continue I want to preface with this; I have a huge passion for craft beer and admiration for those who brew it. I truly believe it's an art. I'm not talking about macro brewies, I'm talking about Craft Beer :)

In sims 4 we have juice... which mainly looks like sissy mixed drinks lol so maybe beer could be called.... Idk??? I mean, I'd always prefer it would be called beer but I know this game has to maintain it's teen rating ;) So what should beer be called?

I'd love if it were added as a skill and that you would also need the science skill (?) built up in order to make really good craft beer. Gardening skill is something that could be added to this as well! You could grow your own barley, malts, hops, and whatever else your little heart desires you add to the beer (ie - chocolate, pineapple, spices, peanut butter, fruit, veggies - yes, these ingredients are actually in real craft beer today and it's awesome).

And then, like with sims 3, these 3 skills (craft brewer, science, and gardening) could be part of some Vacation EP. Maybe our sims to go to Germany, Belgium (and then we could have Monks!), England, Ireland, Scotland... I mean, not all of these countries included in one EP, just maybe one or two lol. And in one of these countries they pick up some new craft beer, new ingredients, new techniques for brewing to make the "beer" better! (I know it won't actually be called beer in the game) As you increase in skill you can brew different beers; so you could start off brewing one of the technically easiest beers, a Hefeweissen. Then end with something like a triple barrel aged Eisbock... Idk if that's really even one of the hardest to brew, I'm just taking an educated guess.

It would also be a great addition for a Business EP because your sim could open up their own brewery!! How cool!!! Actually now that I think of it, the Business EP would be the best to add this to. You could turn your brewery into a brew pub! And then serve beer AND food, but the beer that your own sim made!! lol Maybe I'm the only one that's getting increasingly excited about this as I type :)

This is getting entirely longer than I ever thought lol. Anyway, we had nectar in sims 3, we have "juice" in sims 4. I think it's time we add beer (with a different name) to preferably a business EP and/or possibly a Vacation EP.

Thoughts? After my very long winded thread?

Comments

• qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    This is a great idea!
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Haha! Thanks! I thought so :)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Sure!
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I'm spending part of today making bread from spent grains from the weekend's beer mash. I approve this message :) (Except we'd end up, I suppose, with Juice Brewing.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I love nectar making in TS3, but it bothered me I was restricted to using 'fruits' when I wanted to be able to make it out of anything I chose. I actually modded it so I could make things like 'elderflower wine' and 'olive oil'. I strongly believe the developers should give us as much freedom in the game as possible.

nect_elder.jpg?w=676&h=374

nect_olive-oil.jpg?w=676

Therefore, I'm happy for them to continue to use the generic name 'juice', but to bring back 'juice making' and allow us to use whichever ingredients we wish. We could already use ingredients to make things like:

* chamomile tea
    * strawberry wine
    * poitin (potatoes)

But I'd love more ingredients, I'm a bit obsessed with drinks made of flowers in real life at the moment.

bottlegreen-holdings.jpg

I'm thinking they could prompt us to give the created juice a name, so if we wanted to call it 'wine', 'beer', 'tea', or 'juice' we could do so. Ideally we could have a choice of container too.

But yeah, I'd be happy if we could make any sort of drink in the style of nectar making. I also liked making mead in Medieval.
  • 101Gamer101Gamer Posts: 131 Member
    edited January 2015
    The Sims 4: Industrial Revolution
    Production and manufacturing trades, skill-based, now have a make-your-own Lot with employees in the Workplace (aka Household).

B)
    The Sims 4 is about Emotions and reduced CPU power consumption. Right?
    Also, complete agree with this.
  • Kaylen34Kaylen34 Posts: 78 Member
    Add the ability to maker Cider too and this is a golden idea :D
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Cider, most definitely!
    101Gamer wrote: »
    The Sims 4: Industrial Revolution
    Production and manufacturing trades, skill-based, now have a make-your-own Lot with employees in the Workplace (aka Household).

B)

Well, considering my mill owners are of a kindly philanthropist sort, I'd absolutely love this! :)
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    @jaxie086‌
    Didn't a guru comment on this the day you posted saying he thought it was a great idea? I wonder where that post went?
  • HaylziesHaylzies Posts: 168 Member
    Oh yes I love this idea :)
  • merchantfanmerchantfan Posts: 5 New Member
    Ha, I just posted about something like this because I thought it would be fun to be able to own bars, clubs, comedy clubs etc (basically the ability do a cover charge + profit from selling drinks). Maybe you could sell off your own beer at home to be a "brewer" or sell it at the bar. Also just being able to make tips from bartending would be greeeat.
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    In Sims 3 we had Nectar, which was basically the equivalent of wine. I loved that the sims team added this! I made a sim who owned a vineyard and grew her own grapes and developed them. She made all of her own Nectar and sold it. I had so much fun with this part of sims 3, I had generations of sims who helped grow this vineyard and ended up making some pretty spectacular, uh, "nectar."

Now I really would like to see the ability for sims to brew their own CRAFT BEER. Before I continue I want to preface with this; I have a huge passion for craft beer and admiration for those who brew it. I truly believe it's an art. I'm not talking about macro brewies, I'm talking about Craft Beer :)

In sims 4 we have juice... which mainly looks like sissy mixed drinks lol so maybe beer could be called.... Idk??? I mean, I'd always prefer it would be called beer but I know this game has to maintain it's teen rating ;) So what should beer be called?

I'd love if it were added as a skill and that you would also need the science skill (?) built up in order to make really good craft beer. Gardening skill is something that could be added to this as well! You could grow your own barley, malts, hops, and whatever else your little heart desires you add to the beer (ie - chocolate, pineapple, spices, peanut butter, fruit, veggies - yes, these ingredients are actually in real craft beer today and it's awesome).

And then, like with sims 3, these 3 skills (craft brewer, science, and gardening) could be part of some Vacation EP. Maybe our sims to go to Germany, Belgium (and then we could have Monks!), England, Ireland, Scotland... I mean, not all of these countries included in one EP, just maybe one or two lol. And in one of these countries they pick up some new craft beer, new ingredients, new techniques for brewing to make the "beer" better! (I know it won't actually be called beer in the game) As you increase in skill you can brew different beers; so you could start off brewing one of the technically easiest beers, a Hefeweissen. Then end with something like a triple barrel aged Eisbock... Idk if that's really even one of the hardest to brew, I'm just taking an educated guess.

It would also be a great addition for a Business EP because your sim could open up their own brewery!! How cool!!! Actually now that I think of it, the Business EP would be the best to add this to. You could turn your brewery into a brew pub! And then serve beer AND food, but the beer that your own sim made!! lol Maybe I'm the only one that's getting increasingly excited about this as I type :)

This is getting entirely longer than I ever thought lol. Anyway, we had nectar in sims 3, we have "juice" in sims 4. I think it's time we add beer (with a different name) to preferably a business EP and/or possibly a Vacation EP.

Thoughts? After my very long winded thread?

I love this idea so much! There should be a Simstoberfest in the fall, where sims get to showcase their beer and enter competitions. Brats and Sauerkraut anyone? I really want this to be a thing now. It would be neat alongside nectar-making, and even neater if they introduced moonshine-making in a country-themed EP :)
  • Frank_The_Simmer_32Frank_The_Simmer_32 Posts: 42 Member
    Sim beer. A good idea in concept. Nectar being wine. I wonder what EA would call beer in this game.
  • TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    How about soda instead? It's much healthier and safer than alcohol or non-alcoholic drinks to be exact.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    It should be called Yeasty Brew, or Grain Brew.
    It'd go well with a farming themed pack, cos it could use different grains to make it. Or could include the addition of hops (which makes the difference between ale and beer).

bottlegreen-holdings.jpg
    I've been a little obsessed with that stuff myself for a few years.
    I've got a couple of bottles of the Elder flower and pomegranate, and one of the elder flower.
    They're both delicious. I prefer mixing them with soda water, rather than flat water.

How about soda instead? It's much healthier and safer than alcohol or non-alcoholic drinks to be exact.
    Do you mean soda water, or carbonated acidic sugary gunk?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif