Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

maid bugs?

Is anyone else having trouble with their maids? I always hire one for every house just.. Well just because, and every time I do, they only show up at my house for maybe a week, and then they stop coming. Even if I go to hire a service, it says I already have a scheduled maid, but they don't come.
And when they do come, if I have children's toys laying around, the maid just stands and stares at the toys for hours, not cleaning, just staring, picking up the toy, putting it down, and staring... Then they finally stop and leave, so I'm just paying them to stand and stare.

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble with their maids? I always hire one for every house just.. Well just because, and every time I do, they only show up at my house for maybe a week, and then they stop coming. Even if I go to hire a service, it says I already have a scheduled maid, but they don't come.
    And when they do come, if I have children's toys laying around, the maid just stands and stares at the toys for hours, not cleaning, just staring, picking up the toy, putting it down, and staring... Then they finally stop and leave, so I'm just paying them to stand and stare.
    The maids problems have been reported since September but aren't fixed yet :(
    Try this mod, perhaps: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=544535
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Sometimes it helps to leave the lot; they come and do stuff while you're gone. They don't seem to always get everything, though. And they do not work on weekends.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I have have had this bug since October :\
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• KELMAR1976KELMAR1976 Posts: 32 Member
    My bug is a bit different, I hire a scheduled maid on the Friday and they say the service will be there on Monday by 10am. Ok so I clean my house and go out for the Friday evening. When I return at 11pm the same evening I get a message that I have been charged $43 for a maid cleaning my lovely clean house. What????
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    KELMAR1976 wrote: »
    My bug is a bit different, I hire a scheduled maid on the Friday and they say the service will be there on Monday by 10am. Ok so I clean my house and go out for the Friday evening. When I return at 11pm the same evening I get a message that I have been charged $43 for a maid cleaning my lovely clean house. What????

That's all part of the same maid problem that's been reported since September :(
    Shimrod's maid mod on ModtheSims should fix it for you.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    That always happens to me too!! I always randomly get charged, pretty much after every load screen I get charged.
    When the maid does show up, he/she stands around doing whatever until I get charged 120$, it is really the same amount everytime. Which also seems weird...