Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone having trouble with getting simspoints from the ads?

It doesn't seem to be working for me. I have watched some ads over the last two days and my points are still the same as before.

Comments

• MalondMalond Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having the same issue. 24 hours have passed and I have no points from the ads I've watched.
  • emiliaseiber40emiliaseiber40 Posts: 11 New Member
    Not getting any points from ads either. Very frustrating.
  • adriana2683adriana2683 Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm not getting points from the ads either.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Same have given up on the ads I watch them and get no Simpoints at all has been going on for days.Also note I keep getting this one same broken Ad that you hit play on then it goes straight to a play button then if you hit it then says Replay video.You guys have had to seen it gotten it etc.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    With a rare exception, points have not been paying out for me since Sunday night. Same goes for my daughter and a friend of hers. I made a post along with @despina53 for @SimGuruBChick on her page. Hopefully this will be resolved quickly.
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited January 2015
    Same have given up on the ads I watch them and get no Simpoints at all has been going on for days.Also note I keep getting this one same broken Ad that you hit play on then it goes straight to a play button then if you hit it then says Replay video.You guys have had to seen it gotten it etc.
    You should find that if you double-click on the second Play button (not "play again") the ad should progress to the payout confirmation ... though of course you might not get the reward at the moment anyway! :(

A little picture guide on my Tumblr: http://ajax-tum.tumblr.com/post/106639137159/collecting-simpoints-on-sponsored-ads-that-dont

Post edited by ajaxpost on
  • DaiyuDaiyu Posts: 771 Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm also not getting paid for the ads I am watching. Lot's of people have been posting about it in the Current DD thread as well.

In addition, I am unable to access my wish list since this morning. I keep getting either Liam or user not found message. I fear we have been abandoned by EA, so who knows when this might get resolved.

Edit: Also having problems getting to the Daily Deal page. Keep getting an error message :(

2nd Edit: Problems with my wishlist and daily deal seem to have been resolved, I wish I could say the same for the ads ;)
    Post edited by Daiyu on
  • LyrielSimLyrielSim Posts: 261 Member
    Ditto & Me Too!
    Non-Paying Bonus Ads...great. I wonder who gets to keep the fees/credit: the Advertisers, SponsorPay or EA? I'm not bothering with them until this is corrected, what a waste of time. pffft

Like others, for days now I get a flurry of about 50 back-to-back Ads, sometimes twice a day, and usually for the same product/service. But None Pay.

I'd noticed something different about these dud-Ads; they used an Autoplay feature. I've always had to click the Blue SponsorPay Button then ckick Play to start the Ad Video. These Ads immediately ran after clicking the Blue Button only. Maybe this Autoplay feature somehow bypassed the credit process. Anyone else notice this pattern?

This am was slightly different, no Autoplaying Ads. Got about 30 in a row, 3-4 different Advertisers, only 2 gave me the correct credit.
  • lightnin-fantasylightnin-fantasy Posts: 231 Member
    No points for me either. I have been watching them for days in hopes to get enough points to get the gothique library when it came up on daily deal but no luck with receiving points. I do hope they fix this soon.
  • DemonSweetieDemonSweetie Posts: 77 Member
    I think the only ad that isn't paying me right now is the "optimum triple play" ad. I must have watched that one 100 times and still nothing.
    edited January 2015
    I think the only ad that isn't paying me right now is the "optimum triple play" ad. I must have watched that one 100 times and still nothing.
    Yup Yup! That's the very same one that's been deviling me. I haven't been properly credited for nearly $10USD worth of wasted time in playing/viewing that one alone!
    eta: I bet if the Ads were OverPaying us that EA would've... waitwait...

Sorry to hear you folks aren't getting any Bonus SimPoints from the Ads. :\

I've been getting $10 per Ad all week now, and have been credited almost $150,000USD since Monday alone. This is great! Please, don't report this well paying glitch to EA? >:);)
  • MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    LyrielSim wrote: »
    Yup Yup! That's the very same one that's been deviling me. I haven't been properly credited for nearly $10USD worth of wasted time in playing/viewing that one alone!
    eta: I bet if the Ads were OverPaying us that EA would've... waitwait...

Sorry to hear you folks aren't getting any Bonus SimPoints from the Ads. :\

I've been getting $10 per Ad all week now, and have been credited almost $150,000USD since Monday alone. This is great! Please, don't report this well paying glitch to EA? >:);)

So that's where all of our simpoints have been going! ;)

I got 5 simpoints added to my account, but I'm missing points from probably 20 or so ads. Hopefully @simgurubchick can help us out!
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
    edited January 2015
    Well, looks like I don't need those SimPoints anymore as there's nowhere to spend them. Yep, the Store is down for me, again. I have had several free/cheap sets coming up. This Sims Store is becoming all stick & no carrot! *mad/sad-face*

• Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited January 2015
    I am using Safari and have not gotten any points for any ads since Monday. Tried both on my ipad and my MacBook.
  • LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    Using safari and firefox- should have gotten about 300 points yesterday, but none have showed up :confounded:
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Same problem here. Looks like it is wide-spread!
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    I too have watched several ads and had only been rewarded 10 simpoints total. I thought that maybe if I brought something that maybe that would fix it but instead of showing the proper amount of points, it showed what I would have after buying. I had a total of 3765 and now it shows 3740. Please EA fix this problem as I should have at least 200 more points added to my total.
  • notthecarnotthecar Posts: 262 Member
    Using Chrome and haven't gotten points for ads for the last 3 days.
    1 Featured Look, 1 Complications and 1 Venue to go.

MMAO thinks I own the store! Saving my way to Midnight Hollow Gold until EA makes The Golden Ticket Shop buyable.
  • YoSimmerYoSimmer Posts: 17 New Member
    Same here. Has anyone contacted the company? I was going to but thought I'd see if there was an update here first.
  • DuissaneDuissane Posts: 362 Member
    edited January 2015
    For the past 2 days I've also not been getting simpoints for the adverts I watched using Firefox. The first day it was all the same ad, but now there are different ones and still no simpoints. Would appreciate this being remedied.
    What is the face of a coward? The back of his head as he runs from battle.
    edited January 2015
    YoSimmer wrote: »
    Same here. Has anyone contacted the company? I was going to but thought I'd see if there was an update here first.
    Apparently, one member did contact EA. Apparently, EA isn't overly concerned. *shrug*
    Jaden1673 wrote: »
    Well I talked to EA about the Free Points ads, their stand on it is that they can't control if they pay out or not. Which seems messed up that's the same as saying you can't control what goes on on you site.
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    I have watched c 27 adverts since Tuesday evening and no simpoints have turned up
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I had problems yesterday. The first day in a couple months that I've gotten a bunch of ads too, normally I get maybe 2 or 3 now, if any, yesterday I don't even know how many I got (6 at like 2am, I had a ton more throughout the day). Haven't seen any of those points yet. :(

I just got one ad a few minutes ago, that gave me my points but I'm still down all my points from yesterday.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,013 Member
    edited January 2015
    Just to add to the report. I wasn't getting credit for ads yesterday either. I watched 2 earlier in the day and only received points for one of them. But today I did receive the other 5 points I needed for those ads. That's almost 24 hours later. But I still haven't received points for the ads I watched last night, several hours after those first 2. I'm hoping they will show up later today as well. Will let you guys know.

Edit: I'm using Chrome.
  • NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    No ad points for me for the last two days. I've stopped watching ads until the points show up.
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.