Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim Won't Sleep

Comments

• snowballwintersnowballwinter Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm having an issue with my sims, it was working fine one day and now my sims wont use anything and my origin does not have a repair thing i've tried everything to restarting it restarting my computer deleting items making new beds making new households cheats everything it effects all my sims even the unplayed ones I don't know what to do and I have even uninstalled and re installed my game what do I do ???
    :'( :/ :(
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    I'm having an issue with my sims, it was working fine one day and now my sims wont use anything and my origin does not have a repair thing i've tried everything to restarting it restarting my computer deleting items making new beds making new households cheats everything it effects all my sims even the unplayed ones I don't know what to do and I have even uninstalled and re installed my game what do I do ???

Hello @snowballwinter .
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

You need to be online to be able to use the repair option. If removing the mods/cc doesn't help the issue, go online, then try to repair the game. To repair the game, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

ok I will try that and see if that's the problem
  • CrazyGiraffeSwiftieCrazyGiraffeSwiftie Posts: 2 New Member
    I have the sam problem but even worse. Ever since this free back in December 2015, my sims won't cook, get food, go to bed, woohoo, and I can only control what they do for like 2 minutes before they just stand still and don't go where I tell them to. I believe it's cc that is making these things happen cuz I tried it without my cc and it worked. I don't know what's wrong with my cc. I restarted the game a repaired it but it still won't work. I don't wan't to have to get rid of all my cc. :(
  • CrazyGiraffeSwiftieCrazyGiraffeSwiftie Posts: 2 New Member
    I have the sam problem but even worse. Ever since this free update back in December 2015, my sims won't cook, get food, go to bed, woohoo, and I can only control what they do for like 2 minutes before they just stand still and don't go where I tell them to. I believe it's cc that is making these things happen cuz I tried it without my cc and it worked. I don't know what's wrong with my cc. I restarted the game a repaired it but it still won't work. I don't wan't to have to get rid of all my cc. :(
  • NGCManNGCMan Posts: 442 Member
    I don't wan't to have to get rid of all my cc. :(

I don't know what to tell ya. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I have the sam problem but even worse. Ever since this free update back in December 2015, my sims won't cook, get food, go to bed, woohoo, and I can only control what they do for like 2 minutes before they just stand still and don't go where I tell them to. I believe it's cc that is making these things happen cuz I tried it without my cc and it worked. I don't know what's wrong with my cc. I restarted the game a repaired it but it still won't work. I don't wan't to have to get rid of all my cc. :(

Unfortunately, there is CC and Mods that interferes with updated game coding. You won't have to get rid of all the CC to solve the problem. Just add it to the game in batches until you figure out which particular items are no longer game-compatible. For Mods, check for updates; some CC creators might also have updates of items.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Hello @CrazyGiraffeSwiftie .
    You won't need to get rid of all of your cc. You just need to find the particular cc/mods that are causing the issues, and remove that from your game.
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game.Then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    When you find the cc/mods causing the issues, go back to the site where you downloaded them from and see if there is an updated version to download.
  • antifairy0antifairy0 Posts: 17 Member
    I've found that sometimes when the TV or radio in the room is off, the game still acts like its on. This cause the sim to immediately get out of bed as soon as they lay down. Selling it and rebuying it fixes it.
    antifairy0 wrote: »
    I've found that sometimes when the TV or radio in the room is off, the game still acts like its on. This cause the sim to immediately get out of bed as soon as they lay down. Selling it and rebuying it fixes it.

Hello @antifairy0
    Thankyou for your thougtfulness in posting what helped the issue in your game :)
  • cupomocupomo Posts: 21 New Member
    Ok I feel like an plum but I can't figure out how to post a discussion can someone please help
  • sophieacsophieac Posts: 2 New Member
    I have also been experiencing all these problems, my sims wont eat or sleep and they automatically reset a lot. Iv re installed my game 3 times and Iv repaired it and deleted files and all but I'm still experiencing the problem, I have a feeling it's one of my mods or cc but I have ALOT of mods and cc so does anyone know any specific mods that have caused this to happen? Or know anything else I can do?
    edited July 2016
    sophieac wrote: »
    I have also been experiencing all these problems, my sims wont eat or sleep and they automatically reset a lot. Iv re installed my game 3 times and Iv repaired it and deleted files and all but I'm still experiencing the problem, I have a feeling it's one of my mods or cc but I have ALOT of mods and cc so does anyone know any specific mods that have caused this to happen? Or know anything else I can do?

Hello @sophiesc .
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

This a link to a list of some of the broken and updated mods. Try checking to see if you have any of the mods on the list
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889265/broken-updated-mods-not-cc-june-2-patch-dine-out-gp

This link contains some faulty cc.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/888918/faulty-cc-since-2nd-of-june-patch-dine-out-release#latest
  • Alex_Da_Bug1231Alex_Da_Bug1231 Posts: 36 New Member
    I told my sim to sleep and on the taskbar, it says she is but she's just standing and when I tell her to do other things she doesn't do them. I ended up closing the game and opening it back up again but I want a permanent fix, not a temporary one.
    edited December 2017
    I told my sim to sleep and on the taskbar, it says she is but she's just standing and when I tell her to do other things she doesn't do them. I ended up closing the game and opening it back up again but I want a permanent fix, not a temporary one.

Hello.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Repairing the game may also help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair
  • Alex_Da_Bug1231Alex_Da_Bug1231 Posts: 36 New Member
    thanks, i'll be sure to try that out!
  • Hipplofthepink784Hipplofthepink784 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey, 2 of my Sims keep on going inside bed and coming right back up. This is starting to effect me because it makes me not wanna play anymore.. I have no mods in the game so I know that's mot effecting it. I have cleaned their inventory including the house inventory and I shut down Sim's and my computer, also resetting my computer. But if I need to repair or reset my game will it delete my world with my Sims? If that case I would rather put up with this. Please help i can't stand this anymore :s
    edited February 2018
    Hey, 2 of my Sims keep on going inside bed and coming right back up. This is starting to effect me because it makes me not wanna play anymore.. I have no mods in the game so I know that's mot effecting it. I have cleaned their inventory including the house inventory and I shut down Sim's and my computer, also resetting my computer. But if I need to repair or reset my game will it delete my world with my Sims? If that case I would rather put up with this. Please help i can't stand this anymore :s

Hello @Hipplofthepink784
    If your household has pets, they may be keeping the sims awake. They don’t need to be in the bedroom to keep them awake. Try lecturing the pets not to keep the sims awake and see if that helps.

Repairing the game doesn’t affect your save game. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • MeleypopMeleypop Posts: 1 New Member
    Help! I have tried Repairing the game as well as removing the cache folder in my Sims 4 folder but my sims still wont sleep! They will lay down for 10-15 seconds before getting up and complaining of being tired. What more can I do?
    Meleypop wrote: »
    Help! I have tried Repairing the game as well as removing the cache folder in my Sims 4 folder but my sims still wont sleep! They will lay down for 10-15 seconds before getting up and complaining of being tired. What more can I do?

Hello @Meleypop
    If your household has pets, they may be keeping the sims awake. They don’t need to be in the bedroom to keep them awake. If your sims do have pets, try lecturing the pets not to keep the sims awake and see if that helps.
    If the radio is left on that can cause sims not to sleep.
    Also try removing any wind chimes as they can keep sims awake.

If you still have issues and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
  • simchanteysimchantey Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I think I've tried ALL of the suggestions you've listed here (cleared cache, deleted thumbnailcache, moved sims 4 folder to desktop, moved CC folder to desktop, deleted ALL my CC, repaired the game online in origin, updated the game, debugged all objects and sims, sold and bought new beds, moved the bed that the sims will sleep in into the next room, cleared out sims inventories, turned off all electronics in sim house, restarted computer), and yet all my sims ALWAYS pop up with a confused action and cancel the action when I try to get them to sleep in a bed in a certain room. One of the beds in that room works fine, but whenever I put more than one bed, the sims refuse to sleep in it. Like I said before, I even tried moving a bed I know works in another room which they will sleep in and placed it inside the buggy room; there, it does not work. I make sure to leave enough space in between the beds so that the sim can access it, but it is to no avail. I'm getting really frustrated because I don't want to have to make my sim family move households, because I am content with this house. I don't know why this room won't let me have more than one bed, as it's certainly big enough. By the way, when I first moved my sims in, I did not have this problem, and the sims would sleep in the room just fine. But now it won't work, and hasn't worked for weeks, and I am certain that I've tried EVERYTHING. I guess I'll just have to have my sims sleep in the living room or something. :-( They're kids, and even when I try to tuck them in using the parent sims, they all become confused and won't cooperate. They don't approach the buggy bed to sleep in it on their own, either. I've tried both kid beds and full-sized beds, and they all have the same issue in this room.
    edited May 2018
    simchantey wrote: »
    Hello! I think I've tried ALL of the suggestions you've listed here (cleared cache, deleted thumbnailcache, moved sims 4 folder to desktop, moved CC folder to desktop, deleted ALL my CC, repaired the game online in origin, updated the game, debugged all objects and sims, sold and bought new beds, moved the bed that the sims will sleep in into the next room, cleared out sims inventories, turned off all electronics in sim house, restarted computer), and yet all my sims ALWAYS pop up with a confused action and cancel the action when I try to get them to sleep in a bed in a certain room. One of the beds in that room works fine, but whenever I put more than one bed, the sims refuse to sleep in it. Like I said before, I even tried moving a bed I know works in another room which they will sleep in and placed it inside the buggy room; there, it does not work. I make sure to leave enough space in between the beds so that the sim can access it, but it is to no avail. I'm getting really frustrated because I don't want to have to make my sim family move households, because I am content with this house. I don't know why this room won't let me have more than one bed, as it's certainly big enough. By the way, when I first moved my sims in, I did not have this problem, and the sims would sleep in the room just fine. But now it won't work, and hasn't worked for weeks, and I am certain that I've tried EVERYTHING. I guess I'll just have to have my sims sleep in the living room or something. :-( They're kids, and even when I try to tuck them in using the parent sims, they all become confused and won't cooperate. They don't approach the buggy bed to sleep in it on their own, either. I've tried both kid beds and full-sized beds, and they all have the same issue in this room.

Hello @simchantey
    I am sorry that you are having this issue with this particular bedroom :( Could you perhaps try moving the sims household to amother home. Then move them back to the original home and see if the issue remains.
    You could also try saving the bedroom to your library. Then delete the room. Then place the saved bedroom version back into the home and see if that helps the issue.