Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what was the first Sims game you played?

JoshLuck95JoshLuck95 Posts: 10 New Member
where did your life with Sims start? Mine was Sims 2 on the PS2. curious to see what other people played first

Comments

• IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Sims 2 on my really old computer. I remember having to go to the mall to get any expansion packs.
  • burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    I was introduced to the sims 1 at a sleepover 15 years ago.
  • SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    The Sims, though I had played SimEarth, SimAnt, etc. before TS1 was released.
  • AlannahGreenAlannahGreen Posts: 164 Member
    The Sims 3 2 years ago on my other computer. Forgot how I heard of it
  • fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Little tid bits of one when my sister would let me religiously played the sims 2 pets in 3rd grade
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sims 2. I still play it more than any other Sims game and find tons of new things that I previously didn't see/know before.

I got more into the game itself with The Sims 3 though. Despite its problems, TS3 has proven to be a way better entry than TS4, I have to say.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I started playing Sims 1. But Sims 1 is like such a blur to me. I was watching a YouTube video someone created of all game trailers from Sims 1 thru Sims 4 and watching the game trailers brought back most of my Sims 1 memories.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Sims 1, a little less than a month after it released.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Sims 1
  • DeanPlyr985DeanPlyr985 Posts: 70 Member
    I started with Sim City when I was like 9 year old then we got a new computer which came with The Sims 1. My two favourites have to be 1 & 4. Didn't really care for the third one that much. :o
    2qxq5qd.jpg
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Freeplay, then after a month I got Sims 3. Which was last year.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Sims 2.

PC.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    The Sims 1 PC
  • yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    I played the xbox version of TS1.
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The Sims 1 on PC. My sister introduced it to me in 2002. My interest lasted WAY longer than hers.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited January 2015
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    The Sims 1 on PC. My sister introduced it to me in 2002. My interest lasted WAY longer than hers.

Same with my older brother. His interest only lasted up until the first EP. He tried TS2 (back when I got it on release day) a bit but that lasted nothing short of a few hours one night.

We're now both over the age of 21 if that helps you understand how long ago this all was. :smiley:
    // take me back to 2018.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    4 - just before Christmas
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Sims 1, bought it in a game store in the days where they had a huge cardboard box and a book and cd inside! <3 I still own all my the sims games :)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited January 2015
    Trowiciaaa wrote: »

Same with my older brother. His interest only lasted up until the first EP. He tried TS2 (back when I got it on release day) a bit but that lasted nothing short of a few hours one night.

We're now both over the age of 21 if that helps you understand how long ago this all was. :smiley:

Same here. My sister's older and we're both in our 20's now. TS1 was the era when we still had to fight for computer time.

Her interest in TS1 gradually waned. By TS2 I was the only one excited for its release date. Her interest was briefly revived at times, and the last thing I remember her doing was recreating our RL dogs when TS2 Pets was out.

I guess she wasn't hardcore enough for The Sims. Heh.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    The Sims, though I had been playing SimCity. Hard to believe it's been 15 years.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Sims 1, as an advertising gift for my father from the German newspaper BILD. The newspaper was cooperating with Maxis - in Germany the Sims 1 and 2 got BILD delivered in the morning.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Trowiciaaa wrote: »

Same here. My sister's older and we're both in our 20's now. TS1 was the era when we still had to fight for computer time.

Her interest in TS1 gradually waned. By TS2 I was the only one excited for its release date. Her interest was briefly revived at times, and the last thing I remember her doing was recreating our RL dogs when TS2 Pets was out.

I guess she wasn't hardcore enough for The Sims. Heh.

Ditto!

I got in trouble because I told my bro he had finished his pc time early because I couldn't stand to be away from the sims. Eventually he caught on because I only left ten minutes when we were supposed to have half hour each! Oops ;)
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Sim Tower was technically my very first sim game. I still play it from time to time. And, of course, I started with sims 1 for the entire "The Sims" franchise :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    SimCity on the SNES, then Sims 1 when I got my first computer in 2001 (clamshell eBook).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)