Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Way to clean fans all but CPU(topic techie)

Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
edited January 2015 in Off Topic Chat
When I first built my first duo core computer, I was like what are these silly fan things on the mainboard for. Turns out as I didn't know better most fans have different speeds if you set them up through the board they will use the speed regulated by the CPU depending how munch fresh and exhaust is needed this is vary effective and energy conservative. It also has another highly advanced function for the more advanced users. So my duo core build I never even worried about this, but I wish I would have because it would have let me know when fans was going down or not operating normally.

So when I build my Intel i5 computer desktop quad core I decided I use the cool digital interface so I could keep track of fan speed and make sure cpu gets proper venting. So you take one fan at a time the bigger wholes are out the back so this helps to clean dust out of the front fan by reversing airflow conditions, by slowing down one fan at a time you can clean dust out of the fans affected because the blades won't be spinning and the other fans suction affects will remove dust from fans. The exhaust fan I wouldn't really worry about or the CPU fan as the exhaust fan at high speed for a while will clear out dust on slow moving fans as it will act as a suction. Not you don't really want to leave your fan that way vary long you can tell it works using a sensor by measuring the temp increase of the motherboard a 1 to 2 temperate increase is good enough., than set fans back to normal and your computer fans are clear of dust. They started doing that on some laptops with reverse rev fans, but the same thing can be done with desktop just by changing the air floor pattern. No more need to open the case. Also best thing to do to keep dust out of the case is the tunnel effect when you get a case make sure it has no air ducts in the side of the case the motherboard is up against in desktops it is usually the right side. The cases with air vent allow air to floor through the motherboard where there are wholes for air to get through and out the other side and lives dust behind trapped on CPU heat sink area where it get heated and caked on with temperature and humidity changes. If the right side is closed and you have a side fan blowing in the case the air will be sent right straight back out through the fan and dust will build up on the outside of the case and you just have to wipe it off. Note this works on most computers not all.
Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
Post edited by Sid1701D9 on

Comments

• Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I put my PC in a nylon body stocking - no dust gets in - ever; however, air can come and go as it pleases.

Short and sweet plopppo - that's they way to do it.
  • Options
    does that actually work?

• Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Yeh - dust cannot get in, but air can.
  • Options
    Why would off topic category be a better category for this as its not really talking about computers in the off topic category.

• Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    Dust is the enemy!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    How could they say that computers are not tech hmm interesting, this is something I never knew appearently computers aren't tech enough to be in the tech forum:P

• Options
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Who could they say that computers are not tech hmm interesting, this is something I never knew appearently computers aren't tech enough to be in the tech forum:P

Try not to obsess too much over some of the weirdness at these forums. That's just *how it is*.

• Options
    If you phrase it as a question , something like "What is the best CPU for sims 4?" I'm Sure it will stay in tech forum! ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Why they moving my thread they could at least fix my typo in the topic:P

Edit I need to go find that simmer that had magic pixie dust so I can learn to fly.

• Options
    I think you are able to edit it yourself?
  • Options
    if I do that they may put it back into tech:)

• Options
    There I fixed the darn spelling my keyboard errr!