Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CT's Stories - Another Legacy - Quinn's Family Journal - 03/16/2024

Comments

• MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I love this idea!!! I would like to commit to one returned letter (at least!) since I wouldn't want to leave you waiting for a response. (You know me :P)

My character's story is going to be a little different as I've set up the scenario that one neighborhood in Oasis Springs will house five babies (the lower right hand one with five houses). I have the "chosen ones", an alien mother, and the five all created but I need to tweak them a bit. I did some pre-shots to set it up but since I was dog sitting this weekend til today I haven't had free time (he's a booger!) Now I'm excited! :smiley:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @CathyTea As you already know, I'm in! :D

Yay! We're gonna have fun !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Meggles wrote: »
    I love this idea!!! I would like to commit to one returned letter (at least!) since I wouldn't want to leave you waiting for a response. (You know me :P)

My character's story is going to be a little different as I've set up the scenario that one neighborhood in Oasis Springs will house five babies (the lower right hand one with five houses). I have the "chosen ones", an alien mother, and the five all created but I need to tweak them a bit. I did some pre-shots to set it up but since I was dog sitting this weekend til today I haven't had free time (he's a booger!) Now I'm excited! :smiley:

Oh this will be awesome to meet five at once ! I guess you're playing Extreme Edition! We'll talk more so I can find out about back story and so on!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

Oh this will be awesome to meet five at once ! I guess you're playing Extreme Edition! We'll talk more so I can find out about back story and so on!

Ahaahaha, I was going to let those other four families be autonomous and see what happens. >:) Yes, I'll let you know when I have more than an intro set up. I have a better idea of what I need to do now. :smiley:

Ahaahaha, I was going to let those other four families be autonomous and see what happens. >:) Yes, I'll let you know when I have more than an intro set up. I have a better idea of what I need to do now. :smiley:

Awesome ! I'll probably work on my other stories until the weekend , so I don't get too far ahead... oh! I do have a chapter to write before Sebastion starts sending letters !

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Awesome ! I'll probably work on my other stories until the weekend , so I don't get too far ahead... oh! I do have a chapter to write before Sebastion starts sending letters !

I tried playing some today since Rocket is so much younger than Septemus. It was a total debacle! There's something going on and I can't figure out how to fix it. I'm afraid it's linked to the house I'm using somehow. Anyway, I only got through one day before I gave up after restarting several times! I did add a little of Brian trying to find info online and trying to call to get contact for other families. Meh, I'm so mad.

I tried playing some today since Rocket is so much younger than Septemus. It was a total debacle! There's something going on and I can't figure out how to fix it. I'm afraid it's linked to the house I'm using somehow. Anyway, I only got through one day before I gave up after restarting several times! I did add a little of Brian trying to find info online and trying to call to get contact for other families. Meh, I'm so mad.

Oh no! I hope it gets fixed ! You could always have them move as part of the story .

And no rush ! I've got three other projects wanting me to catch up a there's plenty of time for developments !

I'll start a group PM later with everyone participating so we can scheme !

• allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @CathyTea I'm in! Sounds like a really great idea! @Rainydayz179 we should collab for this, too. I think Brian and Elliott might get along really well!
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    @CathyTea I'm in! Sounds like a really great idea! @Rainydayz179 we should collab for this, too. I think Brian and Elliott might get along really well!

Awesome, sounds like fun. I have to figure out what's wrong with Brian's house. Sims keep walking in and not leaving. :#
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    I couldn't resist Pinstar's new Alien Adoption Challenge! Here's the first chapter:

Septemus 1

@CathyTea I commented on your post but AHH I think I'm going to have to do this challenge, lol!

I was thinking of you, @ra3rei , @Rainydayz179 , and @eXokamikaze when I was playing it! I think you all will LOVE it! It's too, too, too adorable! :)

You have us pegged! :lol: I think I'll play this tonight! :smiley:

...I'm resisting. barely. The only thing that's saving me is my computer isn't hooked up to the internet yet and I haven't written all month. But I've been thinking about it since I saw it. It's only a matter of time.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Ah darn - that sounds like such a fun collaboration.

Would it make sense if not all 99 babies were "released" at the same time? So some might just be infants when others are older? Then again it's the fourth of july weekend here and maybe I'll cheat and start this up anyway so I wouldn't be tooooo far behind ya'll.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    awww! another excellent collab idea B) . I would have considered joining but because of the way my story is set up. My caregiver would never receive any letters. :'(
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

ra3rei wrote: »

Would it make sense if not all 99 babies were "released" at the same time? So some might just be infants when others are older? Then again it's the fourth of july weekend here and maybe I'll cheat and start this up anyway so I wouldn't be tooooo far behind ya'll.

Yes! We're thinking about that--not all babies released at same time.

We're also thinking about the babies being different species, so different rates of development/talents/etc.

And we do have some just starting out... so it's not too late! :)
    Charliimai wrote: »
    awww! another excellent collab idea B) . I would have considered joining but because of the way my story is set up. My caregiver would never receive any letters. :'(

Well, maybe we can figure out something? One of the participants' Sim is a super sleuth-hacker, so if you wanted a minimal way of participating (like even just a mention) I'm sure we can do something! :)

Where's your link to your blob, @Charliimai ? I want to follow! :)

• CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    It's on the same site as my penpal project letters here's the link: Sapphire and Amber
    My caregiver is in hiding from the government so i'm not sure how easy she'll be to track down. I would take part if we could find a way around it.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

ra3rei wrote: »

I haven't played since making the kid so you wouldn't be behind. :naughty:
    Got a brand new story I'm writing in between everything else I'm writing! :)

This one is for all you Margaret Fuller fans out there, and it's inspired by @mastressalita 's Photo Friday #26, in which she quotes Margaret Fuller, reminding me of how much I love this writer and role model.

Here's the first chapter: Reading Margaret: In Dismal Nooks

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @CathyTea - oh that sounds great! Leia needs parenting help! lol
    Here's my newest Septemus chapter! Septemus 6

Collab folks: It's looking like I might want to get out maybe six short chapters before I get the first replies? And I think I'll have the letters ready for your Sims to receive as early as a few days from now... And it makes sense that the letters might take circuitous routes to finding everyone, and even then, we'll probably need special things
    like some participants' special hacking abilities

to reach everybody!

Also, I think I'll make us a collab thread for this! That way, we can share our links to our stories in a central place and also do planning and so on...

And... here's a letter from Meadow! Meadow - Dove 12

@CathyTea - I would like to have all the Alien Adoption families in my neighborhood. I think that would be cool that they could interact in-game What do you think of this? If we could get a list of the participants and their simmies link, I would love to add them to my world.
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @CathyTea - I would like to have all the Alien Adoption families in my neighborhood. I think that would be cool that they could interact in-game What do you think of this? If we could get a list of the participants and their simmies link, I would love to add them to my world.

Ooooh ! I'm thinking! What an interesting idea ! Let me ponder a while . .. I'll set up a thread for us later today and we can think it through there! :D

Here's a letter to Kaitlin from Meadow! Meadow - Kaitlin 8

And Septemus is back with a very short little chapter! Septemus 7

@CathyTea - Wow! This all sounds great! I will have to upload Leia and Oriana in the gallery so if anyone wants to use them, feel free. Leia is ready to search those parent forums...so maybe she will meet some of the parents there, who are also looking for help and advice.
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @CathyTea - Wow! This all sounds great! I will have to upload Leia and Oriana in the gallery so if anyone wants to use them, feel free. Leia is ready to search those parent forums...so maybe she will meet some of the parents there, who are also looking for help and advice.

Awesome! I also created a thread for us to talk about and plan our collab, which is here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921134/collab-for-the-alien-adoption-challenge-collab4aac#latest