Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CT's Stories - Another Legacy - Quinn's Family Journal - 03/16/2024

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    This is such an amazing and truly inspiring story. :)

Hey, I'm so glad you like it! This is one of those ones that I felt itching to write for me--but I pretty much figured that it was going to be one of those ones that only I enjoy! It's wonderful to know that you like it, too! Makes me realize anew that when we're writing for ourselves, writing what we really want to explore and say, that it might have something to say to others, too! Thanks so much for letting me know you enjoy it.

I'm probably going to be working on Goofy Love for a bit, then circling back to Walden, so it might be a little while before the next WIF update--then again, I enjoy Silduun so much that I might decide to play her sooner, rather than later.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    This is such an amazing and truly inspiring story. :)

Hey, I'm so glad you like it! This is one of those ones that I felt itching to write for me--but I pretty much figured that it was going to be one of those ones that only I enjoy! It's wonderful to know that you like it, too! Makes me realize anew that when we're writing for ourselves, writing what we really want to explore and say, that it might have something to say to others, too! Thanks so much for letting me know you enjoy it.

I'm probably going to be working on Goofy Love for a bit, then circling back to Walden, so it might be a little while before the next WIF update--then again, I enjoy Silduun so much that I might decide to play her sooner, rather than later.

Aw I'm glad you are writing this for you. Sometimes we need to write something just because we want to write it. I'm really happy that you decided to share it too. I love reading all your stories. Your writing is so thoughtful and deep it just pulls me in and want to read more. So I will happily be reading your Goofy Love and Walden posts. :)
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales

Aw I'm glad you are writing this for you. Sometimes we need to write something just because we want to write it. I'm really happy that you decided to share it too. I love reading all your stories. Your writing is so thoughtful and deep it just pulls me in and want to read more. So I will happily be reading your Goofy Love and Walden posts. :)

Thanks so much, Manda! <3

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Silduun begins to make friends: Notebook 4: Friends

• aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Silduun is so lovely. There are so many wonderful things she is learning and experiencing each day! I love her relationship with her robot. I think it takes someone special to be able to bond with objects.

And Amber! <3
    Oh, yes, Amber! So, you know, none of these interactions with others have been planned--even the romance/friendship with Good Grips is just from watching the way they interact with each other. Amber is like the new break-out hero, the way she just marched right up and befriended Silduun! Finally! Silduun has someone she can totally be herself with, and Amber has shown that she doesn't have to worry about any awkwardness because they'll just work through it together and it will bring the friendship closer.

Ahhh... that we may all have a friend or three like that! <3;)<3:)

Updated This Week in SimLit to feature the April Super-Short Contest at SimsWriters.com.

(For the contest, the theme was teens--and the eleven stories written are so inspiring and poignant. As a set, they work well together, showing the challenges that teens face as they explore how their own individual contributions fit into the larger adult world which they are getting ready to enter. The stories are only available for members to read and vote on--you may find it worth joining this free site simply to read these eleven amazing stories!)

I've finished the room challenge! I didn't keep score, but I did keep track of the time--14 weeks to the day (not very impressive--I think some have completed it in 8 or 9 weeks)! But, oh, I had SO much fun--and it was so peaceful and enjoyable and rewarding to play. And... now Henrietta Davida is ready for her new adventure! But before that, here are the final two chapters:

Walden Once More: Building

Walden Once More: Twenty Columns

New chapter of "Where I'm From" - Silduun contemplates "different" and "same" (sounds like Sesame Street!): Notebook 5: Medulla

The first two chapters of a new story, the Emerson Institute, which is based on the Orphan Challenge by @simlady36 , are now available:

Green Notebook: Arrival (told by Henrietta Davida Thoreau)

White Notebook: A 440 (told by Dalton)

• FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Great segue between challenges. :)

And, I liked the little CT cameo in WIF, hee.
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    I wish I could put this much effort in my stories. XD
    edited April 2015
    Great segue between challenges. :)

Thanks! Moving onto the orphan challenge felt like the only way to really continue from Walden--I mean, what could possibly inspire Henrietta to build a mansion? How does the one lead to the other?
    And, I liked the little CT cameo in WIF, hee.

Eesh. Here I thought the disguise was perfect.

You put that much effort into your covers! I was working on one of my stories, I forget which one right now... and I was thinking, Man! I could use one of those fancy covers! :)

I love your way of telling your stories through your covers and spreads for it allows the readers imagination to fill in all the life of the Sim that happens behind the magazine! In other words, we get to imagine your Sims' day-to-day lives. It's really engaging!

edited April 2015

You put that much effort into your covers! I was working on one of my stories, I forget which one right now... and I was thinking, Man! I could use one of those fancy covers! :)

I love your way of telling your stories through your covers and spreads for it allows the readers imagination to fill in all the life of the Sim that happens behind the magazine! In other words, we get to imagine your Sims' day-to-day lives. It's really engaging!

You know it's a shame I have some stuff that takes up most of my time now. I would have been more than happy to make you a cover if you provided me with screens I can edit.

Also, I actually never looked at my stories that way. XD And you loving my magazine really serves to motivate me to make more. lol
    Also, I actually never looked at my stories that way. XD And you loving my magazine really serves to motivate me to make more. lol

Yay, cool! I really do enjoy them a lot and think about them way more than you can know! For example, while I was watering the garden this morning, I kept thinking about Veronica Oliviere's cover and spread, and sort of making up little scenes about her life. It's fun! I think because we tend to daydream about the lives of people featured in magazines (at least I do), when we see Sims on a mag cover, the same starts to happen. Pretty cool!

Yay, cool! I really do enjoy them a lot and think about them way more than you can know! For example, while I was watering the garden this morning, I kept thinking about Veronica Oliviere's cover and spread, and sort of making up little scenes about her life. It's fun! I think because we tend to daydream about the lives of people featured in magazines (at least I do), when we see Sims on a mag cover, the same starts to happen. Pretty cool!

I'm absolutely thrilled to know that my stories have that effect on you. XD You're making me all motivated. If you don't mind me asking what kind of scenes did you think of with Veronica's issue? I would love to know.
    @Wasting_Night I imagined her walking through town, looking into shop windows (clothing stores), not buying anything, just more looking at the way that the light reflected on the window than actually what was through the window. And I imagined the people on the streets noticing her, but her not seeing them--like she's trained herself not to notice the others on the street around her as a means of protection, to keep her privacy and also to give herself the illusion of solitude even when she's in a crowd, as a way of giving herself the quiet space she needs in order to be able to see as an artist. Then I imagined her in a cafe, looking out of the window, sipping really good coffee and this time, because she was inside and the people outside wouldn't be able to see her through the window's reflection, she was watching everyone who walked by, and this one young woman, in a black overcoat, really caught her attention--like the woman symbolized her own shadow self.

New chapter of Emerson Institute! Meet Katrina, for whom the world is a cupcake! Cupcake Notebook: Plenty for All!

New chapter of Where I'm From... Silduun continues to explore social interactions: Notebook 6: Polite

@Wasting_Night I imagined her walking through town, looking into shop windows (clothing stores), not buying anything, just more looking at the way that the light reflected on the window than actually what was through the window. And I imagined the people on the streets noticing her, but her not seeing them--like she's trained herself not to notice the others on the street around her as a means of protection, to keep her privacy and also to give herself the illusion of solitude even when she's in a crowd, as a way of giving herself the quiet space she needs in order to be able to see as an artist. Then I imagined her in a cafe, looking out of the window, sipping really good coffee and this time, because she was inside and the people outside wouldn't be able to see her through the window's reflection, she was watching everyone who walked by, and this one young woman, in a black overcoat, really caught her attention--like the woman symbolized her own shadow self.

Ooh, I should have added that on Veronica's article. lol Also, great updates on your stories. I wish I had the same good eyes for screens you have. lol
    @Wasting_Night Thanks! :) Glad you enjoyed the updates!

edited April 2015
    Two new kids to meet at the Emerson Institute!

Yellow Notebook: Yelp! (Conrad)

Moleskin Notebook: A Writer's Dream (Emilie)

edited April 2015
    Meet Xavier, the last kid to move into Emerson Institute: Leatherbound Notebook: Xavier the Bard (Xavier)
    Post edited by CathyTea on

Meet Xavier, the last kid to move into Emerson Institute: Leatherbound Notebook: Xavier the Bard (Xavier)

Those kids are going places. lol