Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CT's Stories - Another Legacy - Quinn's Family Journal - 03/16/2024

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    edited April 2015
    @Wasting_Night Three of them are super ambitious, and the other two just want to have a home! :)

Thanks for reading and commenting!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Emerson Institute Update from Henrietta! Green Notebook: Happy Learning (Henrietta Davida Thoreau)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Here's a super-short I wrote for the April Super-Short Contest at SimWriters.com: Dr. Jasmine's Casebook: Mr. Higgins

• Options
    In Where I'm From, Silduun has occasion to practice courage - Notebook 7: Brave

• Options
    Hey, everybody! Just wanted to remind you to vote for your choice for the next Story of the Month! The poll is here on the forums.

Each story is amazing, fantastic, and would be a wonderful choice for the next Story of the Month!

Showing your support by voting lets EA know that Simmers love telling stories with Sims. If you read and/or write Sims stories--even if you just tell your own stories in your imagination while you play the Sims--please show your support by voting!

The poll closes sometime in the morning PDT on May 8--so get your vote in before then!

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Where I'm From update--Silduun finally finds community: Notebook 8: Communication

• Options
    Another Where I'm From update: Notebook 9: Simple

• Options
    DavidMCSessyDavidMCSessy Posts: 1,148 Member
    I love it! Well done for bringing a message in every notebook.

The message I got for myself in this one was that days don't have to be all same and dull. Yeah, it's all the same, like mixed colors, but if you focus on that one color, you can see the beauty.

Thank you so much!
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    @DavidMCSessy Thanks so much, half-plum! I really like the message you got from this! As I was writing it, I felt like a lot of themes were coming through--initially, I wanted it to be that Silduun was seeing that life could be simple. It didn't have to be complex. The way I'm writing this story, though, is that I start with a theme, write a few paragraphs, and then I go into the game and play to discover what ideas the game wants me to bring up.

And as I was playing, it felt like the game was introducing ideas of what we each contribute (the parts with Amber and Grips), and what we each come here to discover (the new alien who visited), and then with being not accepted (a continual theme throughout this series), and learning to be ok with all the complexity of feeling which is part of being alive here!

Thanks for reading it! :) And thanks very much for sharing your insights. (I'm thinking of your artwork, now, with all the colors and how each, beside the next, makes the others even more beautiful.)

• Options
    Thank you so much, Sweet Plum!
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    Do you like TS3 SimList? Do you love ISBIs? Do you get inspired when you see a Sim-blogger play and write through a) graduating from college b) starting a new college c) computer crashes d) game glitches e) TS3 craziness? If so, you'll love the Sims blog I feature in this week's This Week In Sim Lit. Check it out and be inspired! (Just be sure to read somewhere that you can laugh out loud [like not in the office] and don't drink beverages while you're reading unless you like snorting drinks out your nose!)

• Options
    Silduun's back, reflecting on what makes one feel Happy

@DavidMCSessy - Here's a "Where I'm From Update" for you! :)

• Options
    @CathyTea YAY! Guess what I'll be reading in bed tonight!
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    @CathyTea YAY! Guess what I'll be reading in bed tonight!

Guess what I'll be telling myself in bed tonight before I go to sleep? Colleen's bedtime words about the big soul, big universe, small selves! :)

• Options
    @CathyTea I fele so isignificant sometimes, it's real. I even contemplate existence and what's the big deal of everything that happens now. I think I plumed myself pretty hard.
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    @CathyTea I fele so isignificant sometimes, it's real. I even contemplate existence and what's the big deal of everything that happens now. I think I plumed myself pretty hard.

These aren't bad thoughts, actually, and don't need to lead to discouragement. There's quite a bit of freedom in seeing the insignificance of so much of what we worry about day to day.

(I really feel that you would love Ekhart Tolle's books--he followed out many of the thoughts you're describing, and it led him to a place very much like where Colleen is!)

There is something quite liberating and joyful in insignificance!

And, especially, when we are able to connect with what it is that lies beyond the insignificance--our breath, the feel of the soles of our feet on the earth, the awareness that we are insignificant--then, it is a gateway to a very real and lasting joy!

• Options
    @CathyTea I guess that's a way to escape reality. Or I am just that insanely genius to know all about the universe.
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    @CathyTea I guess that's a way to escape reality. Or I am just that insanely genius to know all about the universe.

I would say that maybe it is a glimpse into a different order of reality! We can exist in many realities simultaneously, shifting our views from one to another. We want to be always able to deal and function in an healthy manner in our everyday reality--and this mundane world of doing the dishes, talking walks, connecting with nature, sitting in a garden brings such joy and health! And this everyday reality can exist within experiences of a different type. Keeping a healthy balance, for me at least, is key! That's why I always say to myself, "Breathe. Feel the soles of my feet on the earth." And I take lots of walks in nature!

• Options
    I read "Happiness". A great note! I liked the part where it is said that our happiness does not depend on the sun, it made me emotional. I love Sil!

And I love you. Thank you so much for this!
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    I <3 u, too!

Silduun insisted that I write that story last night--maybe, just like Colleen's message spoke deeply to me, Sil knew she had a message that would speak to you! :)

• Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    You were right!!! I was searching for your quote. Or...a quote for you!

“Happiness is our natural state. Happiness is the natural state of little children, to whom the kingdom belongs until they have been polluted and contaminated by the stupidity of society and culture. To acquire happiness you don't have to do anything, because happiness cannot be acquired. Does anybody know why? Because we have it already. How can you acquire what you already have? Then why don't you experience it? Because you've got to drop something. You've got to drop illusions. You don't have to add anything in order to be happy; you've got to drop something. Life is easy, life is delightful. It's only hard on your illusions, your ambitions, your greed, your cravings. Do you know where these things come from? From having identified with all kinds of labels!”
    ― Anthony de Mello, Awareness
  • Options
    You were right!!! I was searching for your quote. Or...a quote for you!

“Happiness is our natural state. Happiness is the natural state of little children, to whom the kingdom belongs until they have been polluted and contaminated by the stupidity of society and culture. To acquire happiness you don't have to do anything, because happiness cannot be acquired. Does anybody know why? Because we have it already. How can you acquire what you already have? Then why don't you experience it? Because you've got to drop something. You've got to drop illusions. You don't have to add anything in order to be happy; you've got to drop something. Life is easy, life is delightful. It's only hard on your illusions, your ambitions, your greed, your cravings. Do you know where these things come from? From having identified with all kinds of labels!”
    ― Anthony de Mello, Awareness

Thanks for finding this quotation, Rosey! I remember portions of it from Desert Leaders! I was thinking at the time, "Man, I'm so glad that Elder is able to read this! I am sure that this resonates with him!"

And... to think now of Elder's kid Free-Jon! This is really Free's entire way of being!

• Options
    I'm starting a new story/challenge! Because I'm nuts, that's why!

Actually, it's to help @capturedmuse test out her great Ultimate University Challenge. If you're interested in testing this challenge, please let Muse know on the thread!

I'm really having a blast with this, and here's the first chapter: Journal Entry 1.1

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Here's the second University Challenge chapter! Journal Entry 1.3

• Options
    @CathyTea I can't help but think about the game I started playing recently, Life Is Strange. I am starting to love this! Even though this is a challenge, I hope that there is some kind of a twist.

I like how you end each chapter -not only in this challenge, but in WIF too - positively about the future.
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter