Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CT's Stories - Another Legacy - Quinn's Family Journal - 03/16/2024

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    It's done! Here's the last chapter of Septemus, My Son! Septemus 77

And I'm so happy to have met two goals: Finishing it at 77 chapters and completing it before Cats and Dogs! :) Yay!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Also, here's an epilogue song, dedicated to the awesome collaborators on this project: an epilogue song, too: Payato in’i Naatoui

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Awesome finale!

Thank you !

I'm so happy to start the sequel to Septemus! The first paragraph has been rattling around my mind for ages, and as the narrator is a game-generated barista, I had to wait until Brindleton Bay was available before starting--or before writing more than the opening lines--so that I could get to know this person and this person's personality. I like her! Yay, Townies! :)

Anyway, here's the first chapter of Lighthouse: At the End of the World

Here is the second chapter of Lighthouse: The First Truth

• superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Ooh, interesting direction you're going - I like the different "truths" - I'm assuming we'll see all 77? Interesting, again, that we're exploring this through the point of view of somebody who doesn't really know the truth of the situation and is coming from a bigoted perspective. Some of what she said was super cringy - but I like that, at the time, she was unapologetic about her feelings... and how that may not endear her to her friend as much as she thought. Also interesting how it shows a hierarchy of prejudices - she knows Max is gay, and doesn't care, but absolutely refuses to listen to an alien, or at least is able to dismiss what he says when it doesn't agree with her viewpoints and use his alienness as an excuse.

Good stuff.

Also, since I don't have Cats and Dogs (and probably won't for a while until I get a better computer) I really enjoy the tour of Brindleton Bay.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    Ooh, interesting direction you're going - I like the different "truths" - I'm assuming we'll see all 77? Interesting, again, that we're exploring this through the point of view of somebody who doesn't really know the truth of the situation and is coming from a bigoted perspective. Some of what she said was super cringy - but I like that, at the time, she was unapologetic about her feelings... and how that may not endear her to her friend as much as she thought. Also interesting how it shows a hierarchy of prejudices - she knows Max is gay, and doesn't care, but absolutely refuses to listen to an alien, or at least is able to dismiss what he says when it doesn't agree with her viewpoints and use his alienness as an excuse.

Good stuff.

Also, since I don't have Cats and Dogs (and probably won't for a while until I get a better computer) I really enjoy the tour of Brindleton Bay.

Kyle, thanks so much!
    I'm not sure we'll see all 77! In today's chapter, we see two, three, and four.... I'm not sure I can think of 77! But we will for sure see #77 sometime as we approach the end!

Yeah, Mallory really has a tough time in some of these chapters! She's willing to take up a challenge, though.

Brindelton Bay is so lovely! There are lots of great trails for walking and shorebirds! Makes my birdwatcher's heart happy! It's perhaps my current favorite world!

I've got a chapter for tonight! Mallory's trying her best to be an OK person! :)The Second Flat Upstairs

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Well, I managed to get caught up a bit. Thanks for the spoiler warning as I haven't caught up on Ally and Ny's stories yet. I'll stop there and catch up on theirs first. I was also wondering... I was searching to see if anyone had created any challenges for the new x-pac yet and saw a post by you somewhere mentioning a challenge you were thinking of with an elder adopting a pet. Have you gotten any of it planned yet? I'm trying to plan ahead for what I'll be doing once I merge the two Bay Tides save files.
    Well, I managed to get caught up a bit. Thanks for the spoiler warning as I haven't caught up on Ally and Ny's stories yet. I'll stop there and catch up on theirs first. I was also wondering... I was searching to see if anyone had created any challenges for the new x-pac yet and saw a post by you somewhere mentioning a challenge you were thinking of with an elder adopting a pet. Have you gotten any of it planned yet? I'm trying to plan ahead for what I'll be doing once I merge the two Bay Tides save files.

Yeah , I've got a lot planned ! I'll share the details when I'm on the computer this evening !

CathyTea wrote: »
    Yeah , I've got a lot planned ! I'll share the details when I'm on the computer this evening !

Oh awesome I look forward to it. Right now I'm just testing out how well pets will work in mostly autonomous households.
    Here's my update for today! Lighthouse: All Pent Up

@Rainydayz179 Hiya!

Here are my thoughts on the Dogacy (or Catacy--your choice!):

Main goal: Reach gen 10 with either dogs or cats

To achieve this goal: The playable Sim must find someone to live in the house before passing. This can be achieved through asking someone to move in or through having kids, in which case, one child would be assigned to be "caretaker of the dog".

And so on... through the generations.

It can be played Pinstar-style, with no cheats.

I decided that I'd cheat for the start, using motherlode to get enough funds for the person to get a decent house on the largest lot in Brindleton Bay. I also decided I wanted the person to have high skills, for story purposes, so I used an existing Sim who was highly skilled, and modified that Sim in CAS for my starting caretaker.

The first dog/cat can be created in CAS or adopted from the shelter. It should be a puppy/kitten.

Normal or short life span are suggested, but long can be used, if one wants to play for years and years! LOL!

Before the starting caretaker passes, he or she needs to have someone move in who will take over caring for the pet after she's gone.

The pet also needs to breed so that the generations can continue until gen 10.

And, that's about it! Pretty simple!

Sounds fun! Long would be... long! :D I like your idea of using some starter cash to get them set up. Story-wise it would make sense. I also like that the legacy itself is focused on the pet. The caretakers might never get married or have children but instead seek out someone new to take over. I don't think I've seen anything like this in any of the Sims games. I'll give it a whirl. I plan to do a different challenge with each household in the rotation. I put "challenge" loosely. Mainly, I just like to have guidelines. I did quite a bit of testing today and will publish the results tomorrow but I can say that the caretaker that will take over most of the care can be a child. Obviously, a child couldn't be left in the household alone but an elder could adopt and the child could take over everything except bathing and walks. :)
    Sounds fun! Long would be... long! :D I like your idea of using some starter cash to get them set up. Story-wise it would make sense. I also like that the legacy itself is focused on the pet. The caretakers might never get married or have children but instead seek out someone new to take over. I don't think I've seen anything like this in any of the Sims games. I'll give it a whirl. I plan to do a different challenge with each household in the rotation. I put "challenge" loosely. Mainly, I just like to have guidelines. I did quite a bit of testing today and will publish the results tomorrow but I can say that the caretaker that will take over most of the care can be a child. Obviously, a child couldn't be left in the household alone but an elder could adopt and the child could take over everything except bathing and walks. :)

Oh, sounds cool! I'm looking forward to reading about it and hearing more about it!

I'm not sure when I'll be posting mine because I've got quite a bit of game-play before I want to start writing... My story won't exactly start at the beginning. Also, right now, most of my writing energy is going towards "Lighthouse," as Septemus is keeping me on my toes! LOL!

Ok! Here's a big one for Lighthouse! Day Tripping

This one is pretty big, too... Lighthouse: He's Who?

After this, the story calms down a bit, I think...

Actually, maybe the story doesn't yet calm down?

The Whole Enchilada

I wanted to share some thoughts about the story so far: Here's the first set of Author's Notes from Lighthouse.

Here is today's update! Lighthouse: The Ferry Hestia

Ah, parents... geez. Lighthouse: Not My Parents

It's a co-written chapter with @allysimbuilds and @ny275 ! Thanks for writing this with me!

Lighthouse: The New Sexy

Here's the next chapter! Lighthouse: Bigger than Us

OK! I'm caught up to game-play in Lighthouse!

Lighthouse: Box of Answers