Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievements?

Sooooo The in-game achievements....apparently they give you "gamer points?" Are these good for anything or are they just there?
"Don't wish...Don't start.
Wishing only wounds the heart."

feca3b79-16b1-4d90-b2f5-1df8ce10c536_zps37cfddca.png?t=1422482021
Origin ID: Simintoxication

Comments

• SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    Sooooo The in-game achievements....apparently they give you "gamer points?" Are these good for anything or are they just there?

Bragging rights! How many achievements have you unlocked?? :)
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member

This.
  • JKeaton147JKeaton147 Posts: 79 Member
    I didnt know this! I have 6 unlocked, LOL.
    I dont get too much play time ;)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I often wonder that my self, when I'm playing the game. I keep wishing that the points were good for something, but I don't know. What I know is that I have racked up quite a few points with just one sims family alone. :)

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Your bragging rights can be flushed down the toilet the moment you start a new town.
    As achievements are not player based but savegame based. For whatever reason.
    Now imagine you make the 400 babies challenge which is timeconsuming most definetly, start a new game and delete previous saves... Or your HDD farts. Just awsome.

More on the matter and details how to get certain achievements should you need 'em - the link in my sig.
    (one thing, apparently the NPC woohoo bug achievement was fixed. I didn't test it.)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Your bragging rights can be flushed down the toilet the moment you start a new town.
    As achievements are not player based but savegame based. For whatever reason.
    Now imagine you make the 400 babies challenge which is timeconsuming most definetly, start a new game and delete previous saves... Or your HDD farts. Just awsome.

More on the matter and details how to get certain achievements should you need 'em - the link in my sig.
    (one thing, apparently the NPC woohoo bug achievement was fixed. I didn't test it.)
    I have noticed that too. Which doesn't make any sense to me as to why that they had set up the achievements in Sims 4 that way. In the Xbox 360 version of Sims 3, and Sims 3, Pets. If you unlock something in the game through game play, it stays unlocked even if you start a new game. :\

• SimpleIntoxicationSimpleIntoxication Posts: 282 Member

Haha, I've unlocked 17 in this save, but its my 10th save since I got the game.

.....don't judge me xD I have alotta free time! Lol I'm a nanny!!

• NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    IMHO, a sandbox game shouldn't have a list of "achievements". My game. I rule. Yeah, right.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Every game should have achievements.

Sandbox game can't have "you finished the game" achievement. However it can have things like "you didn't cheat for 200+ hours". Why it isn't in?

Sandbox or not, a game shouldn't go grinder achievements, it's bad for business, instead of having fun people are doing chores and Maxis learned nothing. Sims Medieval had grind achievements (kiss a frog 87234568374658 times, do whatever 387456834653485 times, etc). Did it help the game? It didn't.
    Instead of getting rid of that nonsense, Maxis added "have 400 babies" achievement in Sims 4. Yea... Really fun. Right. That's one achievement I didn't make, not that I didn't want to, but my game got broken.

What Sims 4 also have is community challenges. For whatever reason, there is still no achievements challenge. Dunno why, but then again, I don't care really.

Didn't test if any of previously broken achievements got fixed, seems I'm not getting fixes on more important broken things anyway so just cba to play the game more as it's not fun. But I still have bragging rights, so here's my total:

ach.jpg

Beat this number if you can. If you can't, feel free to claim achievements shouldn't be a part of this game. :p
  • SimpleIntoxicationSimpleIntoxication Posts: 282 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Beat this number if you can. If you can't, feel free to claim achievements shouldn't be a part of this game. :p

Haha I take your challenge!!! Gimme a week I'll have your number beat! :stuck_out_tongue: