Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Peaceable Pond Retreat by photobella (suepea)

suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
e6877d10-f4ff-4fd7-b71b-3134f614391a_zpsf121affd-1.png
On the Gallery here
More images here
Peaceable Pond Retreat is the perfect vacation spot for your Simmies! The main cabin features 3 BRs -- the Master Suite has it's own ensuite and access to a lovely patio with a firepit. The second bath is a shared bath for the two other bedrooms and also available for guests. There is plenty of room to cook in the kitchen and eat at the breakfast bar. Comfortable seating is available in front of the large fireplace and there is also a tv in case your Sims have had enough of the great outdoors. Swim in the pond, play horseshoes around back, grill and eat on the patio or by the pool. There is plenty to do at Peaceable Pond Retreat. The Guest Cabin is perfect for that extra guest or that YA Sim who needs a little private space.
The Guest Cabin:
01-23-15_9-57nbspPM_zps8aacdb84.png
A view of the back of the property:
01-24-15_11-42nbspAM_zps0b2d7504.png
A bird's eye view:
01-24-15_11-44nbspAM_zpsebd6a4e0.png
The attic bedroom is perfect for kids:
01-24-15_11-44nbspAM-2_zpsbf38c0d4.png
Here's the floorplan for the main floor:
01-24-15_11-47nbspAM-2_zps549bd502.png
and a closer view of the guest cabin:
01-24-15_11-47nbspAM_zps66ad013d.png

h2xmsbl]

Comments

• Options
    Let's take a look inside the main cabin:
    Here's the kitchen and breakfast bar:
    01-24-15_11-35nbspAM-3_zps7c2567ff.png
    There is extra seating for diners and a gaming table:
    01-24-15_11-35nbspAM_zps2f4ff00c.png
    There's a cozy spot by the fire with a tv:
    01-23-15_10-03nbspPM_zpsfb148b2c.png
    This is the first of the two main floor bedrooms. It shares a bath with the attic bedroom:
    01-23-15_10-00nbspPM_zps2a16d27f.png
    The shared bath has a tub/shower combo and 2 sinks:
    01-23-15_10-05nbspPM_zps9def82c9.png
    The master bedroom has french doors that lead to a patio with fire pit:
    74dc09ef-2c45-4b6d-922d-db1266e78727_zps2e9d478c.png
    It also has it's own bath:
    01-23-15_10-01nbspPM-2_zps0de1951a.png

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    The attic bedroom is set up for child Sims:
    01-23-15_10-07nbspPM-2_zpsc30f4e31.png

Now let's take a look at the guest cabin. It is perfect for that extra guest or the teen/YA Sim in your family that needs a little private space:
    01-23-15_9-57nbspPM-2_zps20e542b0.png
    01-23-15_9-58nbspPM_zps340603ce.png
    01-23-15_9-58nbspPM-2_zpsf15721de.png
    01-23-15_9-59nbspPM_zpsae23d9db.png
    The bathroom only has a tub but there is an outdoor shower that is perfect to jump into after a swim:
    01-23-15_9-59nbspPM-2_zpsfaeb5eef.png

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    Here are a few of my favorite outdoor shots of the property:
    01-24-15_11-28nbspAM-3_zps12243f4d.png
    94fb14e7-f970-4083-a029-3910204323ac_zps82ec70e7.png
    01-23-15_10-09nbspPM_zps279ddd2a.png
    01-24-15_11-40nbspAM_zps0bead9e3.png
    01-24-15_11-30nbspAM_zpsb0fedfa1.png

I hope you and your Simmies have a great vacation!
    Oh, and just a things to take note of -- if there is an item in one of the pictures you have seen that you can't find after you have DL'd and brought some vacationing Simmies to enjoy Peaceable Pond, check their inventory! Seems that things that go missing can be found there. And I used the MOO cheat so you may want to have that on as well.

Thanks for stopping by! Comments and feedback on any of my builds, here or in TS3 are greatly appreciated.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Peaceable Pond Retreat is a very nice home! :) Very nice design and layout of the build! It is very nice that there is a main cabin and also a guest cabin. The exterior design of the cabins are very nice! The roofing is very nice! The textures of the exteriors are very nice. Very nice front porches! It looks nice how you have used the spandrels. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seat benches on the porches enjoying watching what is happening outdoors. Very nice backyard area of the build! The swimmable pond area is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the plants, rocks and flowers around the edge of the pond. Sims will enjoy swimming in the pond. The bird bath is a nice touch there. They will enjoy cooking on the bbq on the back porch and eating their meal in the sunshine at the umbrella covered table. The flower cart there looks nice. Great nook area for the sims to have fun playing horseshoes. Very nice campfire area for sims to enjoy sitting around the fire on the tree stump seats roasting food, singing songs with the guitar and chatting. It is nice that you have placed a tent outdoors in the build. It looks very nice how you have used the trerrain paint through the build to create footpaths. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the two cabins! The attic bedroom is great! The blue and yellow colour scheme of the room is nice. The clouds prints on the walls are nice and restful for the kids to see when going to sleep. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks nice how you have placed the counters there to create a breakfast bar and sink counter. The stone texture of the kitchen walls and other walls though the home looks nice. The condiments, mugs rack and bottle are nice kitchen touches on the counters. Nice corner gaming nook for sims to have fun playing card table games. The menu boards are nice touches on the wall there. The bucket and crate of supplies near the front door and the coat/hat shelf and butterflies picture on the wall shelf are nice homely items for sims to see when entering the cabin. Very nice fireplace corner nook area! It looks a very warm and nice place for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the seats there watching tv, having a chat or reading a book, whilst the fireplace keeps the sims warm. The yellow flowers picture is a sunny sight for the sims to see whilst sittimg there. It looks great how you have angled the tv into the corner. Very nice double and master bedrooms ! The coats and shoes racks are nice home touches, and it looks nice how you have placed windows and curtains on the bedhead wall in the first double bedroom. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows in the mornings. The leaves wall picture is nice for sims to see when laying in bed. It is nice that the door in the master bedroom leads out to the fire pit patio, so sims can go out there when getting up in the mornings or sit out there at night time. It looks nice how you have placed double sinks in the bathroom, placing each sink either sides of the shower/bath. Very nice layout and furnishing of the guest cabin! Nice texture of the walls. The colour scheme of the cabin is nice. Nice side wall eating nook. The flower on the table is nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst eating there. It looks nice how you have placed the shelves and items on them in the corner of the kitchen. The coats shekf and shoes rack is nice home items beside the front door here too. Very nice armchairs and sofa sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting chatting there, enjoying the sunlight coming in through the windows. The camera and teaset on the coffee table, and the sun decor either side of the windows are nice touches there.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    This is very beautifully done camp ground <3
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Would you like to share your build on the Outdoor Retreat builds sharing thread? :)
    The link to the thread is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/808810/share-your-outdoor-retreat-builds-here

Rose, thank you for your very kind comments. As always, they put a smile on my face! I would love to share Peaceful Pond Retreat in your thread. I will head over there now. Hope all is well with you and yours.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Such a cozy, charming retreat! I love the exterior and the different textures you've used. Great color palette choices, everything fits perfectly together. I love the kids attic, such a clever use of space. It's a beautiful build, a favorite for sure! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    marcel21 wrote: »
    This is very beautifully done camp ground <3

Thank you, @marcel21!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    Such a cozy, charming retreat! I love the exterior and the different textures you've used. Great color palette choices, everything fits perfectly together. I love the kids attic, such a clever use of space. It's a beautiful build, a favorite for sure! :)

Thanks so much, @Chris2fer03. I appreciate the comment!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Adorable build!! Everything looks so comfortable and inviting! I love the interiors and the landscaping is beautiful!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    Tiki5872 wrote: »
    Adorable build!! Everything looks so comfortable and inviting! I love the interiors and the landscaping is beautiful!

Thanks, Tiki!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    I must say..building a guest cabin...what a neat idea! Both structures r really neat looking. I love the rustic feel in the main cabin's kitchen....nice touch using the log benches! 4 the guest cabin being on such a smaller scale, I think that u used the space in there very well...it "feels" a lot bigger than it really is...& the kitchen in there is so quaint & cute. Nice build =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited January 2015
    Peaceable Pond Retreat is very charming and cozy. :D
    I like your architectural part, very rustic and wooden, fits on cabin builds very well. I also loved your landscaping, especially with using plants and rocks, camouflaging as real pond. Very nice yard area and patio area. And your interior, cozy! Very nice use of wooden traditional furniture.
    I love it! I'm adding this to my faves. :D

EDIT: Sorry to hear you having a snow-storm in your place. I hope everything will ease it up. Sending special thoughts and hugs to you, your family, and neighbors. :)<3<3<3
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Vihisha wrote: »
    I must say..building a guest cabin...what a neat idea! Both structures r really neat looking. I love the rustic feel in the main cabin's kitchen....nice touch using the log benches! 4 the guest cabin being on such a smaller scale, I think that u used the space in there very well...it "feels" a lot bigger than it really is...& the kitchen in there is so quaint & cute. Nice build =)

Thank you, @Vihisha -- I had an inspiration from a RL cabin I saw on the Houzz website -- I hope I did it justice: Bay Lake Cabin This was a fun build! Your kind comment is much appreciated!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    Brennachan wrote: »
    This is soooo lovely!

Thank you, @Brennachan. Thanks for your comment.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    Peaceable Pond Retreat is very charming and cozy. :D
    I like your architectural part, very rustic and wooden, fits on cabin builds very well. I also loved your landscaping, especially with using plants and rocks, camouflaging as real pond. Very nice yard area and patio area. And your interior, cozy! Very nice use of wooden traditional furniture.
    I love it! I'm adding this to my faves. :D

EDIT: Sorry to hear you having a snow-storm in your place. I hope everything will ease it up. Sending special thoughts and hugs to you, your family, and neighbors. :)<3<3<3

Thanks, @RyeCris16! I am so glad you like the cabin. When I was building it I was thinking how much fun it would be to be able to stay in a place like that. Thanks also for your special thoughts to keep me warm in the upcoming storm. I am looking forward to extra Simming before I have to shovel snow ;-)
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    O my word -Peaceable Pond Retreatmakes me wanna grab the car keys, pack a bag, haul in the family and go and look 4 this and camp camp camp. Stunning and so realistic. Absolutely adorable <3
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    That's so beautiful and cute :D The guest cabin is a neat idea. Interiors and landscaping are veeery prety.
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Suzie P, Peaceable Pond is one Fabulous build!! (*) (*) (*) I love the design of the main house and that little guest cabin is Adorable! Your landscaping is superb. The swim able pond is Perfect! I do believe I have already favored this beauty, but will make sure when I head back in game. :)
  • Options
    GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    What a gorgeous vacation spot (lucky Sims)! Lovely use of natural textures and relaxing colours mixed with such pretty landscaping- you've ended up creating a wonderfully harmonious,relaxing and comfy feel which is definitely what I'd be looking for if I were a Sim (and some days I really do lol). Lots of cute little touches too like the MOO-d shelves by the door,a really lovely,thoughtful build,love it!
    "It's better to be over the hill than under it"
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    This is definitely going in my game.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Such a beautiful vacation home Sue! :D I am loving the architecture! Looks so natural in the surroundings! Love the exposed stone walls inside! Love that kitchen! Will be adding to my favourites when I open the game (if I haven't already)! :D
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Peaceable Pond Retreat is a wonderful build with absolutely superb landscaping. The interior design is so cosy and inviting, really lovely :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg