Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moonandsixpens' builds _ New *the novelist's residence*

124...Next

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Your new WIP looks very nice! :) The exterior reflects the real life house well! The black and white colour scheme of the exterior looks very nice!
    The exterior design of Stacked House looks very nice! :) The balconies are very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the large windows in the build! The design of the build looks great! Nice art nook balcony for sims to enjoy painting on the easel looking out at the views. Sims will enjoy sitting on the bar counter balcony having a drink from the bar and enjoying the outdoors air. It looks grear how you built the bus stop! Nice outdoors areas. The water fall fountain on the side of the pool is nice for sims to see whilst having fun swimming. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the sofas and armchairs in the room, for sims to enjoy sitting and resting, having a chat. They will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows what sitting there having a read of a book. It looks nice how you have placed the bookcases either sides of the mirror on the wall. The red candle is a nice touch on the mirror table, and the flowers on the coffee table are pretty for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there. Very nice design of the kitchen! The texture of the kitchen furnishing and the dining seats looks very nice. The sink and bar stool counter area is nice! The type of ceiling lights that you have placed over the counter suits the type of home. The kitchen wall tiling looks nice. The clock is a nice home touch on the wall. Very nice window dining alcove! Sims will have nice views through the windows whilst enjoying sitting there eating their meals.
    The home is very nice :)
  • moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    @rosemow Thank you! Lovely to see you :)
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

edited May 2015
    I finished my 20x20 Aurora House with a somewhat failed attempted incorporating a nautical style lol. I failed several times but eventually it turned out acceptable :| Download link on 1st post.

I decided to call it the simple BW house because it looks black&white from the outside. Made some changes to the windows.

There isn’t a bathroom because I couldn’t figure out how to divide the space… Therefore open-floor plan it is. It does has a separate toilet, because no one wants to eat while being able to see the toilet seat ;)

tumblr_np8apgOYUJ1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_np8apgOYUJ1unxm84o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_np8apgOYUJ1unxm84o3_1280.jpg

The interior. I removed the cabinet above the fridge because it seemed to be blocking my sim’s way to the fridge when testing.
    tumblr_np8b258Liz1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_np8b258Liz1unxm84o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_np8b258Liz1unxm84o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_np8b258Liz1unxm84o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_np8bacYXsY1unxm84o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_np8bacYXsY1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_np8bacYXsY1unxm84o4_1280.jpg

Some close up and testing pics:
    tumblr_np8bacYXsY1unxm84o6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_np8blfGNKi1unxm84o7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_np8blfGNKi1unxm84o3_1280.jpg
    Post edited by moonandsixpens on

Simple BW house is very nice! :) The black and colour of the exterior, and the type and placement of the windows looks very effective! It looks very nice! Very nice design and layout of the home! It looks nice how the home is over the pool. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The open plan layout of the home is very nice! Very nice art nook area for sims to enjoy sketching on the drafting table with sunshine coming in through the windows whilst they are sitting at the drafting table there. Very nice kitchen area! The wall texture is very nice. The hanging pans and the knife set are nice kitchen touches there. It looks nice how you have place the shelves on the wall near the bar stool counter. Very nice living room area for sims to enjoy sitting on the sofa and armchair resting and watching TV. The blue colour of the seating looks nice. The orchid is a pretty touch on the table under the TV. The patterned floor rug adds to the nice look of the area. Very nice sunny bathroom area. Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the views whilst having a relaxing bath there. Very nice bedroom area! The type of bedhead windows that you have used ahd the placement of the white curtains on either sides of them looks very nice! Nice study desk area for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using a computer or reading a book from the bookcase in the booknook corner. The hanging plant and the plant on the desk top are nice touches of nature there. The dragon tapestry looks great on the bed area wall. The books are nice touches on the bed area table.
    The home is very nice :)
    Thank you, @rosemow :)

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member
    Simple BW is indeed nice. Like the open concept, fresh and calming colour scheme. Regarding the bathroom... perhaps if that bothers anyone they can use the pillar rooms by the pool on the first floor for that purpose. I must admit it did give me a big smile seeing the open tub... I kinda like it :)
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Simple BW is indeed nice. Like the open concept, fresh and calming colour scheme. Regarding the bathroom... perhaps if that bothers anyone they can use the pillar rooms by the pool on the first floor for that purpose. I must admit it did give me a big smile seeing the open tub... I kinda like it :)

Thank you for dropping by soocoolsim :) It's a good idea utilising those pillars lol. Maybe I'll just save the trouble of building another bathroom because I used quite some cfe, and just install an outdoor shower one side of the pillar ;)

edited July 2015
    I have finished my build for the BuildnShare challenge!

Lot size: 40x30

Price:74691

Rooms: 2 bedroom suites, 1 additional bathroom, 1 study, 1 living, 1 entertainment centre, 1 kitchen+dinning.

Style: monochrome/gothic chic/wood/modern/luxurious.

Download: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8701188

Fire's requirements:
    “Something with a dramatic view. Private. When I loose myself in my work, I hate being distracted by petty things like time of day or last time I ate something. It needs to be soothing…and, I shamelessly admit, fairly luxurious in terms of comfort. I never know where I’ll end up writing. I need at least 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. And if you can squeeze it in, a new laptop. State of the art please. My old one fried itself this morning and I’m using Jade’s computer…something else that is not conducive to concentration. I have 75k to put towards this. Decent entertainment center and a library. I love stories in all forms.”

I have never built with budget constraints before and I found that it really was challenging. Initially I wanted a pool for the Novelist Fire, but had to settle for a fountain. I would like more plants. There was a parking slot but I didn't have enough simoleons to purchase a car. I also had to sell a statue in order to finish the master bedroom :cry: But it was also fun that I tried all kinds of tricks to lower the cost while keeping the luxurious touch. Guess that would be how things work in real life lol.

I had this vision for a mansion with a long, narrow pool in the middle and two tall buildings on both sides. It materialised (or should I say, pixelated ;) ) quite well, although I wish we had higher standard wall heights in the sims 3 like we have in the sim4. With the current wall height the house looked a bit stocky despite I want it to to be slim. (I could have used cfe but the windows wouldn't fit.)

I didn't purposely made the interior monochrome with gothic chic but it turned out that way. Then I read the description of Fire's dress being "made of a rich burgundy velvet, is casually and elegantly gothic in style". I thought hey, what a great coincidence! The lady likes the gothic chic! The dashes of red and dark purple I added to the furnitures matched her dressing as well.

An overview:
    tumblr_nr9bugVtpb1unxm84o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr9bugVtpb1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr9bugVtpb1unxm84o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr9bugVtpb1unxm84o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr9bugVtpb1unxm84o5_1280.jpg

Rooms:

The first floor:
    tumblr_nr9bugVtpb1unxm84o8_1280.jpg
    From left to right: guest bedroom suite, entrance, living+additional bathroom, study. I imagined that the novelist wouldn't have a lot of guests since she wanted an isolated house to write undisturbedly. So the living room was tuned down while the study became the biggest feature and the most luxurious place. This doesn't mean that the 'living' side of the house was ignored. Quite the contrary, there were chairs to sit, relax, chat and read in every room (except for the bathrooms). There were multiple places suitable for writing as well (the study, the dinning, and the outdoor dinning).

tumblr_nr9ci8RYdp1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    The door framed the distant view of the sea.

tumblr_nr9ci8RYdp1unxm84o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr9ci8RYdp1unxm84o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr9ci8RYdp1unxm84o5_1280.jpg
    The guest room.

tumblr_nr9ci8RYdp1unxm84o1_1280.jpg
    The living room. The red arm chair was quite an impact in the room and lighted up the mood. If Fire ever considers to hire an assistant, this could be a decent waiting room for the candidates too.

tumblr_nr9ci8RYdp1unxm84o6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr9ci8RYdp1unxm84o7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr9ci8RYdp1unxm84o8_1280.jpg
    The study was also the library. It was calming, luxurious and sophisticated, filled with fine dark woods and well-maintained leathers and highlighted by shinny metals. It was suitable for reception and appointments with the two comfortable arm chairs.

The second floor:
    tumblr_nr9bugVtpb1unxm84o7_1280.jpg
    From left to right: entertainment centre and kitchen+dinning.

tumblr_nr9d0qbFOZ1unxm84o1_1280.jpg
    The entertainment centre was above the entrance. I put down a TV, a stereo, a chess table and a kingdomino table.

tumblr_nr9d0qbFOZ1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr9d0qbFOZ1unxm84o3_1280.jpg
    The budget started to run low when I was decorating the kitchen+dinning. The bright side was that the room was very spacious so that Fire wouldn't get stuck in between the furnitures...
    I adopted a long table not because there would be a lot of guest but because I wanted to make the dinning table a less formal working place for Fire. She could put down lots of books and other materials on the table, or relax her legs on the other chairs... When she got hungry, the kitchen and refrigerator would be just a few steps away.

The third floor:
    tumblr_nr9bugVtpb1unxm84o6_1280.jpg
    Features the master bedroom suite.

tumblr_nr9d0qbFOZ1unxm84o4_1280.jpg
    How do you like the wall-size headboard, Fire? ;)

tumblr_nr9d0qbFOZ1unxm84o6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr9d0qbFOZ1unxm84o7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr9d0qbFOZ1unxm84o5_1280.jpg
    The balcony was large but under-utilised due to the budget constraint. Still, nice view of the sea, huh?

The description of Fire: "Emerald green eyes glitter in amusement at you, a deeper warmer look than Jade’s pale green business like stare. Instead of being pulled stylishly but efficiently back from her face, the sister’s raven hair curls romantically around her face and over her shoulders. Her dress, made of a rich burgundy velvet, is casually and elegantly gothic in style. Otherwise, she’s identical to Jade Bloodclaw."

I made Fire in a hurry but she turned out quite beautiful (by my standards anyway...)! In addition to her "Hopeless Romantic, Friendly, and Flirty" traits I made her an irresistible bookworm :p
    tumblr_nr9d53s7oe1unxm84o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr9d53s7oe1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr9d53s7oe1unxm84o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr9d53s7oe1unxm84o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr9d53s7oe1unxm84o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nr9d53s7oe1unxm84o6_1280.jpg

Done!

• VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    edited July 2015
    Oh she is a very pretty sim and the house is wonderful!
    Your home that you built for the challenge is very nice! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! It looks very nice how you have the bridge linking the two areas of the build together! The slanted roofing is very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the windows in the build! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The layout of the build looks great! The study is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the bookcases in the study room! The colour scheme of the rooms looks very nice. Fire is very pretty! :)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member
    Both the house and sim are great. Your sim is very pretty indeed. I really like the front profile of the house. Well done and good luck :D
    Thank you very much for the encouragement everyone! :smiley:
    @VannaRed @rosemow @soocoolsim

• MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    The Novelist's Residence sure turned out spectacular I found the floor with the pattern very mesmerizing, loved it! Rec'd :D
    @MeaganJo Thank you Meagan! Glad you liked it :)