Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moonandsixpens' builds _ New *the novelist's residence*

Comments

• Options
    moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    The design structure of the build looks great! :) It looks very nice how you have done the stairs!
    Enjoy working on the home. :)

Thanks, I will! :smiley:
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• Options
    Today I decorated two bedrooms and one bathroom. I had this wild idea of mixing black and pink for a diva sim. I rarely use the pink colour, but I think it will be cool with black. And I am pretty happy with what I've done so far.

This bedroom belongs to one of the triplets, Noir. Noir is not a diva right now because she is still a baby (hard to imagine a diva baby lol). But she will be, one day. And she will distinguish herself from her two sisters by taking bold hobbits and developing a strong character, which might create some distance between her and the sisters. But her brother Norman and mother, Jane will think of her as "the special one" since Norman is a genius too while Jane is easily impressed. They will appreciate her as who she is. Noir will try to live a lifestyle that defies even the gravity, but how will the reality treat her? I am curious to find out. (Just wait till I have some new ideas tormenting her :p )
    I added some gothic elements to spicy it up:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

And here is the room for Norman. (this story will happen in the future: )Even though he's friendly, family oriented and even brave, having three baby sisters while parents are entering elder-hoods is pretty tough for him, now that he has to take responsibilities to look after his families, and he's just a teen. As much as he loves to spend time with his family, sometimes he just wants to be alone. Noir is his favourite sister because she's always so independent and he knows he can always count on her, while his other two sister are less mature. And he misses Maxime, his cousin, the daughter of uncle John. They grew up together and had a lot of things in common. Maxime is a few years younger than him and she sings like a canary, taking all his worries and stress away. Now that Norman has more things to worry about in his life, he can't get to see Maxime that often, and he hates to miss the wonderful moments of his old friend's life.
    This bedroom is Norman's retreat. I adopted a calming green colour and put less decorations and accessories in the room, trying to avoid over-stuffing the place. Norman's stuff are well organised on the shelf.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Norman's bathroom is also pretty simple. It's equipped with everything he needs and nothing more.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

And I am done for today. :smiley:

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The pink and black colour scheme of Noir's bedroom looks very nice. :) Nice pattern that you have used for her bed and armchair. It looks very nice how you have done a corner of windows. She will enjoy the sunlight coming in to her bedroom whilst laying in bed. It looks great how you have placed the items on the wall shelves. Nice armchair sitting area for her to enjoy resting there beside the candles light. The green and black colour scheme of Norman's bedroom looks great! The plants look nice how you have placed them on the bedside table and go well with the leafy pattern design of the bed. The guitar looks nice on the bedhead wall. The texture of the walls of his bathroom look great and the grey colour goes well with his bedroom.
    The bedrooms look great! :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the support @rosemow‌ ! :smile:

• Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Ooooh I liked the updates to the old house and then I find that your Sim has had 3 babies and now needs a bigger house. Love the design you came up with.

Rosemow is amazing with all the support she gives!
  • Options
    MeaganJo wrote: »
    Ooooh I liked the updates to the old house and then I find that your Sim has had 3 babies and now needs a bigger house. Love the design you came up with.

Rosemow is amazing with all the support she gives!

Glad you like them! :smiley:

Yes! I find it truly amazing that she/he gave so many encouragements to builders on this forum. I am so motivated to continue to share my new builds after reading her replies. My gratitudes @rosemow‌ :smiley:

• Options
    I finished the room for the other two girls. It's bright and cheerful, quite suitable for the beloved kids.

The house doesn't come with enough rooms so I have to put two sims in the same room. I guess some sims like to have companies. And because they have to share the room, I gave them a much bigger one than their siblings. I gave them their own desks and toys and the space to play. Let's just hope their won't fall for the same person when they grow up and turn the room to their battlefield by giving endless pranks to each other :p

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

I moved the unicorn painting from Noir's room to this room and replaced it with a horror movie poster, which I think fits the gothic theme better.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Their bathroom. Because the bathroom is next to the main entrance I didn't give it a big window which I would have preferred. As a result, the natural light is a bit lacking.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

I'll improve the bathroom when I have some "bright" ideas (excuse the pun...). Done for today! :smiley:

• Options
    The newest bedroom that you have posted pictures of is very nice! :) The white and green trees pattern that you have used for the walls and bed looks nice and gives a nice feel to the room. It is great that you have placed windows on the side wall area of the beds. The sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in onto the beds when they wake up in the mornings. It looks very nice how you have placed the beds back to back, and have the pretty rose flower on the table in between. The flower floor mat look great how you have placed it underneath the two bedheads and the table. Great study desk areas for each of the sims. The plants on the study table walls are nice for the sims to see when sitting there reading or using a computer, and they also go very well with the wall pattern. The standing floor lamps look nice on the edges of the desks, and will give great light when sitting there in the evenings. The animals are cute sitting on the dresser! The sins will have fun playing with the toys in the play area. The mannequin is a nice touch in the corner of the room. It is great that you have double sinks in the bathroom. The floor rug looks nice in front of the sink.
    The WIP is looking very nice! :)
  • Options
    Well the fourth room was a pain in the *** to work at. I tried to use the Hewnsman set to create a nordic style and failed miserably. I seldom succeed in CASt to create wood patterns in white. And I had trouble with the colour match as well. I messed with different combinations and ended up being very frustrated and lost my judgement and decided to leave it as it is... It certainly isn't nordic now but I can feel a slight breeze of freshness. Hopefully my senses are not fooling me :p

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

This game is amazing! I used the highest setting of reflection and I found the metal lamp reflecting all the windows, the door, and other furnitures around it! On second though I should probably lower the setting so that the game won't put too much burden on my computer :p
    screenshot_original.jpg

I also finished the living room. But according to my plan, the sims will put some mounted fishes on the wall in game, right below the deer horn. A stone will be displayed on the 21st Century Kitsch Oval. I put a karaoke machine there because I find it hilarious when sims sing.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

I forgot to add the plants so I took a picture in the buy mode afterwards.
    screenshot_original.jpg

And here are photos of the extended area. Great spot for family activities in a mid summer night :smiley:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

That's all for today :smile:

• Options
    The fourth bedroom looks very nice! :) The leafy patterns on the curtains look nice with the colour of the walls. Very nice corner study and book nook area! It looks great how you have placed the study desk at the foot of the bed. Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk using a computer or reading a book, or just relax in the nearby armchair enjoying the sunlight coming in. It looks great how you have placed the rows of pictures on the wall! It creates a great look! The floral picture on the dresser wall is nice for sims to see when coming to get dressed. Very nice furnishing of the living room. It looks a nice light filled room, for sims to enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows whilst sitting there or singing. It looks nice how you have placed the sofas in the room. The ceiling fish lights look great there, and they will go well with the mounted fish when you place them on the wall. The red colour of the coffee table looks nice combined with the colour of the seats, adding a nice touch of red in the room. It is great that you have added a karaoke machine to the room. I like watching sims singing too! It looks nice how you have done the tables underneath the tv. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas having a chat and watching tv together. It looks great that you have placed the tv on the window, so sims will enjoy also looking out through the windows whilst watching tv. The orchid blossom on the ciffee table is nice for sims to see whilst sitting there. Very nice outdoors music and star gazing balcony! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the loungers outdoors in the air, with great views of the world and the nice sound of listening to the music of the grand piano being played.
    The WIP is looking great! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I am so exhausted after finishing this house. It's only a 30x30 lot but somehow got way more difficult to furnish. Probably because all my previous house have never fully utilised the whole 5 stories while this one does. I have took many pictures yet because every time when I remember to take pictures instead of playing the game, it crashes. In general I am happy with the result although one or two rooms are only functional and lacking aesthetic details. I am done with building for now :neutral_face:

I will put the house on exchange and take shots of the master bedroom and exteriors the next time. I will also show the floor plan. Right now I have some pics of the kitchen+dinning room, and the entrance. A large table for a large family! :smiley:

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Never mind the toy oven, it's just there temporarily for the kids to build cooking skills.
    The photos are took in autumn. The house is built on 80 Sweetwater Loop, I bulldozed the Classy Columns house. I like its location, on the edge of the town centre, but not in the sub-urb yet, and it's pretty close to the school. The environment is great, too.

A sneak peak of the master bedroom. I chose purple to fit the "elder" theme.
    screenshot_original.jpg

My sim daughter is an elder now. She was reading a book while her husband was reading her child to bed.I had no idea why her child (the name's Noir and she's the diva sim :wink: ) didn't go to bed the night before and ended up sleeping during the day... But they looked pretty sweet.

Sorry that I am really not good at taking pictures but I did tried to make the house a comforting and relaxing place so I will leave the house to people who download it to enjoy it by 'living it'.

• Options
    The entrance area to the home is very nice :) Nice patterned floor rug that you have placed there. The shoes rack under the side table looks homely, and the pink flowers on the table are a nice sight for sims to see when entering the home. Very nice kitchen and dining area! The layout of the area is very nice. The texture of the dining seats looks nice. The cake and flan stands and the flowers on the table top are nice touches there, creating a nice look when dining. The dining area looks a nice light filled area for sims to enjoy looking outdoors through the windows at the views whilst eating meals. The produce baskets and the photo frames on the side wall ledges look great there. The way you have placed 2 frames on the upper ledge and the other frames either sides on the lower ledges looks effective! It looks nice how you have used the large windows in the dining area. Very nice light filled kitchen too. It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen windows, for the sims to enjoy the sunlight to come in whilst they are preparing meals. The bar stool counter is great! The hanging pots and the knife set are nice kitchen touches in the room.
    The build looks very nice! :)
  • Options
    It's been a while. I actually built a house but was not particularly proud of it so I didn't post it here. But recently I started two project and I am quite excited about them. I played the Tesla Effect: a Tex Murphy Adventure and was very impressed by two houses in game. I love the seaside Manson of Dr. Mason Bauers' and the swamp cottage of Margaret Leonard's. So I decided to build them.

The perfect location of the swamp cottage, of course, is in Twinbrook. As for the seaside mansion, things were a bit tricky. I needed a hilly lot instead a flat one. In the end I find this close-to-perfect location on top of a small island on Enekjaer Island, a map made by FagerSims. The map is really amazing, I love it.

Currently I have the structure of the mansion and I decorated the living area on the first floor. Everything is basically according to the game but since things always happen at night in Tesla Effect I can't guarantee I get all the colours right lol.

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

I know the windows are very different from the game but I can't find a good match without using CC. I tried not to use any CCs because one I start, I won't be able to stop... Those people making CCs are so talented and all their stuff are freakin awesome. I really wish I had a better computer :p

• Options
    Your Mansion home is looking very nice! :) It is great that you are making simversions of homes that are in the Tesla game. The exterior of the home is great. It looks very nice the type of and how you have placed the windows, and the way you are doing the oudoors front area steps looks great. Very nice light filled dining room! It looks a sunny place for sims to enjoy eating their meals with the sunshine coming in. It looks great how you have done the corner of the dining room! Very nice living room! It looks nice how you have placed the sofas there. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there having a chat and a read, and enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views. Nice bar counter nook. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools there having a drink from the bar or some nectar from the nectar racks. The photos on the side wall are nice for sims to see whilsy sitting there having a drink. The fruit bowl on the bar stool counter and the green plants on the side wall table add nice touches to the area. The textures that you have used for the walls look very nice. The staircase alcove with the big plant pot and clock and life ring on the wall is great!
    The home is looking very nice :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your Mansion home is looking very nice! :) It is great that you are making simversions of homes that are in the Tesla game. The exterior of the home is great. It looks very nice the type of and how you have placed the windows, and the way you are doing the oudoors front area steps looks great. Very nice light filled dining room! It looks a sunny place for sims to enjoy eating their meals with the sunshine coming in. It looks great how you have done the corner of the dining room! Very nice living room! It looks nice how you have placed the sofas there. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there having a chat and a read, and enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views. Nice bar counter nook. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools there having a drink from the bar or some nectar from the nectar racks. The photos on the side wall are nice for sims to see whilsy sitting there having a drink. The fruit bowl on the bar stool counter and the green plants on the side wall table add nice touches to the area. The textures that you have used for the walls look very nice. The staircase alcove with the big plant pot and clock and life ring on the wall is great!
    The home is looking very nice :)

Haha thanks. But I didn't design the house nor its interior, the fellas made the Tesla Effect game did. I am just a sim addict that can't help building a simversion of every gorgeous real life/fictional house I saw. :D

• Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Very nice recreations @moonandsixpens. I love the colour combination of the pink and black especially :)
  • Options
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Very nice recreations @moonandsixpens. I love the colour combination of the pink and black especially :)

Thank you! I like it too ;)

• Options
    I have decided not to limit my posts here within residential builds for my legacy sims. I also have a project of transforming Aurora Skies into a modern city of my taste, and I have finished my first community build for it. It's an art gallery and since I am terrible at naming my builds I'll just call it Square of Five because the buildings' shape look like a 25 (*face palm*).

Anyway I think I am finally able to post some pictures with higher quality, unlike those I posted through my page in the sims 3 website. I was having fun taking photos in game but then my game froze as usual. I'll post more the next time.

I highlighted the shape of the buildings with the wall lights from Into the Future. Not bad eh?
    tumblr_nl8cnxsjK51unxm84o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nl8cnxsjK51unxm84o2_1280.jpg

The lighting in AS world is absolutely stunning. The time was sunrise.
    tumblr_nl8cnxsjK51unxm84o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nl8cnxsjK51unxm84o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nl8cnxsjK51unxm84o6_1280.jpg

The scenery of the light dissolving on the glass wall was so dreamy. What a lovely morning, full of hope.
    tumblr_nl8cnxsjK51unxm84o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nl8cnxsjK51unxm84o8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nl8cnxsjK51unxm84o7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nl8cnxsjK51unxm84o9_1280.jpg

• Options
    Square of Five is a very nice Art Gallery! :) The exterior design of the building is very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the ITF lights in the build! It looks great how the design looks like the numerals 25. The pictures that you have taken of your build are so very nice! The skies are so very nice! It looks nice how you have taken the pictures in the evening with the stars and half moon in the background, as well as the very nice sunrise pictures. It looks very nice how you have used large glass windows in the build. It is a nice light filled Gallery for sims to enjoy visiting and having the sunshine coming in into them whilst looking at the artwork. The middle outdoors area of the build is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the glass fencing around the trees, and have the nice water fountain feature between them. The rope fencing looks great there, and the bridge looks great!
    It is a very nice build, and very nice pictures that you have posted of it! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Thank you @rosemow ! Glad you liked it. :)

• Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Oh wow love Square of Five what a fun build you have there and wow your picture quality has indeed gotten better. :D
  • Options
    More photos of Square of Five. According to my design, the art gallery Museum: Square of 5 is able to hold 3 themed exhibitions (one for paintings, 1 for large sculptures and 1 for small sculptures or gadgets) besides regular exhibition slots scattered around the buildings. Currently I have no theme for the paintings nor large sculptures but a futuristic product designs theme for the small sculptures/gadget exhibition. With more CCs I can definitely do better.

A small parking area (sufficient for sims town standard :p)
    tumblr_nlbgrvqWmi1unxm84o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_nlbgrvqWmi1unxm84o9_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlbgrvqWmi1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlbgrvqWmi1unxm84o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlbgrvqWmi1unxm84o6_1280.jpg

I made a food court and a bar for the gallery so that sims won't be starving. I think it's kindda cool having a drink in an art museum, too.
    tumblr_nlbgxnsZyE1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlbgxnsZyE1unxm84o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlbgxnsZyE1unxm84o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nlbgxnsZyE1unxm84o8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlbgxnsZyE1unxm84o10_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlbgxnsZyE1unxm84o9_1280.jpg

• Options
    The interior of Square Five Art Gallery is very nice! :) It is great that you have set up different sections in the gallery for painting, and larger and smaller sculpture exhibitions. It looks very nice how you have placed the paintings on the walls. The displays on the pedestals look great! It looks very nice how you have placed the sofa seats around the edges of the water fountain! The roped off weeping fairy display looks nice. The food court and bar area is great! It is nice that you have an area where sims can enjoy sitting at the table or on the stools having a drink or eating a meal when they come to look at the artwork at the gallery. They will have nice views of the outdoors through the windows when drinking and dining there. It looks very nice how you have done the patterned marble flooring underneath the food register counters!
    The Gallery is very nice! :)
  • Options
    I have always wanted to try out some industrial style builds and finally made my first attempt. I built an apartment building and pretend it's transformed from an old factory. I added some of my favourite elements such as a botanic garden and an arched ceiling for the swimming pool. I haven't figured out how to name the build yet and I haven't furnish the apartment unit, so it's a work in progress. I am not very satisfied with the garden because originally I built it to be 3-story high but that did not go well with the main building since the latter cannot exceed 5 stories and I didn't want to use elevators. But anyway...

tumblr_nli04fe4841unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nli04fe4841unxm84o6_1280.jpg

The house was supposed to be in Twinbrook but for the sake of game stability I am building it in Sunset Valley. I found this great location near the junkyard (lol imagine the smell!) and bulldozed the supernatural hang out bar. The lighthouse can be framed nicely by multiple windows.
    tumblr_nli09h7jSO1unxm84o1_1280.jpg

The lobby. There are posters, ads as well as escape signs hanging on the walls. I forced Gunther Goth to paint the street arts and he got arrested for several times. Streets arts were created during the period when the building was abandoned, and are preserved for their historic value.
    tumblr_nli13uEGX11unxm84o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nli13uEGX11unxm84o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nli13uEGX11unxm84o6_1280.jpg

And now the garden! I placed some butterfly spawners but they haven't kicked in in game yet. Originally the space was occupied by large factory plants. Now there are just plants. Some pipes, conduits and other industrial objects are preserved for decoration.
    tumblr_nli0ooktEv1unxm84o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nli0ooktEv1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nli0ooktEv1unxm84o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nli0qxWtcO1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nli0qxWtcO1unxm84o3_1280.jpg

The swimming pool! Originally this was the warehouse of the factory. It’s ceiling was damaged by a fire. Sims can swim in the pool, or just relax on the lounge chairs and watch the stars.
    tumblr_nli1j6nKWK1unxm84o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nli1j6nKWK1unxm84o5_1280.jpg
    Little Mortimer was taking a nap :smiley:

• Options
    Your WIP Old Factory Apartment build looks great! :) It is great to read the background details behind the areas of the build! The exterior design of it is very nice! The brick texture of the exterior and interior looks great! The dome type windows and the greenhouse windows that you have used look great in the build! It looks very nice how you have placed them. Very nice layout of the build! The pool area is very nice! It looks great how you have curved roofing over the pool! Sims will enjoy relaxing poolside on the umbrella covered loungers there. The posters and street art look great on the walls of the lobby area of the home! It is a nice picture that you have posted of the light house through the window in the build. The botanical garden area is so very nice! It looks very great how you have placed the plants! It is nice that you have placed butterfly spawners in the garden area. The upper balcony over the top of the plants looks great!
    It is looking great! :)