Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something I came across about Sims 2 and the store addition icon in my all programs window 7

winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
edited January 2015 in The Sims (2000)
HI all :D
tonight I was messing around in my start button all programs. I came across my file for Mansion and Gardens Disk along with all of my Sims 2 files. I click on the mansion and garden folder icon and guess what popped up. The infamous Sorry you can not play sims 2 cause the forum is no longer and the store is closed. I then said What!!!!. So I then click on my icon that sits so nicely in my task bar the one that RFlong7 helped me make when I too first had that problem. Low and Behold my game came right back up and played like a dream. I went into Sim Uni and moved Lilith Pleasant in with her sister and the Broke brothers.

Moral to this story is: The folder in the windows 7 all programs is just that a folder to allow you to make a desk top or just go into what you want via all programs. Stay away from that folder or you might think oh no it is back again now I can not play. Yes you can as long as you have that other icon on your desk top that maybe you made when the 404 page first popped up when you tried to play your game.

Now on another note. I was still messing around in my all programs and click on my sims 1 1024x768. This was really strange. I found my old game that I had restarted. I made a second install long ago and that is the one I am playing now. This 1024X768 had my Potter family but this time they had the kids Isabelle and Lily. The kids are of coarse A+ students but my Howard and Lucia did not have all their skills and most of my town was not created yet. It was dated 11/9/10. Funny thing. Now I can actually play two separate sims 1 games on my computer. I think I will see how it all pans out for the potters with kids game. Problem is I just really do not feel like rebuilding all the families that I have built in the game over again.
Oh well just thought I would mention about that file folder in all programs window 7.

Your simmy friend,
Winterloc B)

Comments

• Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    Interesting, not the same but somewhat along the same lines - I have windows 7 64 bit. Under "Documents" sims 2 Always makes TWO "EA Games" folders, I don't know why. But since the game plays fine I ignore this abnormality.
    -
    If I delete the "empty" one, it regenerates as soon as I fire up the game again. And That was using only the discs. When I installed "Ultimate" (and totally uninstalled all the discs) it again regenerates a second "empty" EA games folder AND now an extra "teleports" And "Downloads" folder. This gets a bit convoluted when and if I download anything, especially lots that "teleport".

I've figured it out, and don't know why it duplicates, guessing it's just some perk of windows 7 64 bit.
  • Options
    winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    Hi Zorba2357,
    I notice that too. I just ignore it also. As for the all programs file folder It is the original one from my mansion and gardens disk. When EA- origin came out with the store edition. Once the store edition was no longer usable I just change the one in the c programs x86 over so I could use my disk again. I never thought of the all programs folders, so I just left them.

What really has me questioning is my sims 1 game. I also have the icon on my task bar for that too. I do have two hard drives in my computer and sim 1 games is on one them. Wish I could have done sims 2 and 3 on the same drive. I must have re installed thinking sim 1 was gone when I did my debacle of putting Windows 7 on this old computer back then. First time I but windows 7 32bit then I put windows 7 64 bit. That is when I lost 4 years of playing sims game. I must have then reinstalled sims 1 and forgot I already had it on the other drive. Oh well I can play both of them at different times. However I do enjoy the one I have been playing all along it is more advanced then the other Potter kids one.

Well thanks for commenting in my post. Funny how things go sometimes. :D with these computers.
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)