Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Free Trial

Comments

• Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited January 2015
    I never though a sims game would ever get a free trail :o
    Desperate times call for desperate measures.....
    He/Him
  • Options
    Owien1995Owien1995 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited January 2015
    > @Ellessarr said:
    > Owien1995 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello
    > i have question if is there Family Tree ?
    > and if it is not how can i know about my family members if they moved out and they will have children ?
    >
    >
    >
    > to be fair you have the most basic family tree
    > father/mother
    > sibilins
    > grandfather/mother
    > uncle/aunt
    > nephew/cousin
    >
    > anything outside that the game dont recognize
    > like second gen cousin or great-grandfather
    > or uncle grandfather
    > step parent or in law
    > that bounds the game don't recognize.

Thank you
    and if i will play for a long time and many characters died like grandfather and cousins .. can i see them or just i can see alive people ?
    i can't wait more 10 days to release the game in mac .. if anyone know it will release the game for mac exactly in the first day in the next month ?
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited January 2015
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    @Ellessarr wrote: »
    Owien1995 wrote: »
    Hello
    i have question if is there Family Tree ?
    and if it is not how can i know about my family members if they moved out and they will have children ?
    to be fair you have the most basic family tree
    father/mother
    sibilins
    grandfather/mother
    uncle/aunt
    nephew/cousin

anything outside that the game dont recognize
    like second gen cousin or great-grandfather
    or uncle grandfather
    step parent or in law
    that bounds the game don't recognize.
    Wait it can't even recognize step parents or great grandparents? That's pretty annoying.

Just wait until you come back from a rotation away and find that that young adult who you didn't move out yet is now in a relationship with her step-father who raised her since she was a baby.

Edit: On the upside, since Sims don't have children without direction, at least you don't have to worry about someone being their own step-sibling's parent unless you want it to happen.

• Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited January 2015
    Terrylin wrote: »
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    And of course once again the actual TS4 site has no announcement. There are many here who have not purchased so why not announce it here for them? Because they have been far too vocal in their displeasure with this train wreck of a beta game and EA doesn't want to hear from them!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-latest-news

kim :\

They had hoped making the new section would shut us up about it! This just proves the point we all were making to begin with. They have loyal fans right here that would try the trial but failed to announce it here first! :o
    Then to add insult to injury they asked the people who got the trial to give feedback here where they never come!?

I say Welcome to all of the new disgruntled people lead into this void of a forums! :\
    At lest we have each other! No matter whether you like or are disappointed with the sims! We together show that we have more loyalty to this game than EA does!

was not a bad word! stupid censor

Just wanted to say that I accept full responsibility for not posting in the S4 Latest News forum yesterday. One of the other Gurus did post in The Sims 3 General Discussion forum yesterday but I'm not sure that many of you would have seen that.

@SimGuruBChick
    I do apologize! I know you have more to do and are busy. I didn't think the whole upkeep of the forums fell on you alone. :o
    Thank you for your reply! You are the only one who responds to us and I do appreciate that very much! :)

silly typo
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited January 2015
    > @Ellessarr said:
    >
    > Hello
    > i have question if is there Family Tree ?
    > and if it is not how can i know about my family members if they moved out and they will have children ?
    >
    >
    >
    > to be fair you have the most basic family tree
    > father/mother
    > sibilins
    > grandfather/mother
    > uncle/aunt
    > nephew/cousin
    >
    > anything outside that the game dont recognize
    > like second gen cousin or great-grandfather
    > or uncle grandfather
    > step parent or in law
    > that bounds the game don't recognize.

Thank you
    and if i will play for a long time and many characters died like grandfather and cousins .. can i see them or just i can see alive people ?
    i can't wait more 10 days to release the game in mac .. if anyone know it will release the game for mac exactly in the first day in the next month ?

if you are speaking about ghosts? then yes the game have ghosts, when a sim die, if that sim had a house an not a homeless sim his urn will be in the house, then after some days a ghost pop-up from that urn, you can't play with him, for sometime he will be a npcs, and you need rise your relationship with him again, if you rise enough it(90%) or more then he can become a playble sim, if you dont want a ghost you can simple go in the urn(if the sim died inside the house) and release the soul, if the sim died outside the house them a graveyard is created which work like the urn.
    homeless sim only produce urns or graveyards if they died while active in game if they not active then they just vanish without leave a ghost, but they still count as the limit of your population, until they really vanish which take sometime.

if you have any other question feel free to ask.
    Post edited by Ellessarr on
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    blewis823 wrote: »
    LOL, reading the FB comments. Some are loving Sims 4 because "it runs so much smoother than Sims 3" but don't realize it's not fully loaded with GPs, EPs like Sims 3 with all the add-ons. Lot of comments about sticking with Sims 2 or 3. Some arguing with those that are trying to prop up Sims 4, the final word from the supports is "go play Sims 2 or 3 then". Sounds like here. https://www.facebook.com/TheSims

The other thing is loading screens. Wait till you buy EPs and GPs. How about the loading screens then ...

I find it funny that people always praise Sims 2 as the best or say they are going back to play it and it had loading screens. Why are loading screens such a deal breaker to people with Sims 4 yet welcomed wholeheartedly with Sims 2? Just because Sims 3 was open world?
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    edited January 2015
    alan650111 wrote: »
    LOL, reading the FB comments. Some are loving Sims 4 because "it runs so much smoother than Sims 3" but don't realize it's not fully loaded with GPs, EPs like Sims 3 with all the add-ons. Lot of comments about sticking with Sims 2 or 3. Some arguing with those that are trying to prop up Sims 4, the final word from the supports is "go play Sims 2 or 3 then". Sounds like here. https://www.facebook.com/TheSims

The other thing is loading screens. Wait till you buy EPs and GPs. How about the loading screens then ...

I find it funny that people always praise Sims 2 as the best or say they are going back to play it and it had loading screens. Why are loading screens such a deal breaker to people with Sims 4 yet welcomed wholeheartedly with Sims 2? Just because Sims 3 was open world?

Um because sims 2 is a ten year old game and people expect more from a game created in 2014?
    And some had issues running ts3.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    dmel25 wrote: »
    Wait so if I download the game tonight but don't play it but for maybe 4 hours and could I still play it on Sunday? Is it you get 48 hours to play it once you download it and if you don't play too bad for you? Or is it you get to play 48 hours total and then you can't play anymore once you have reached 48 playing hours on Origin?

Game time starts when you get on the game. If you play an hour, then get off for the rest of the day, game time stop until you get on it again.

I hope that makes sense. o:)

Actually, once you LAUNCH the game, the clock starts. And it keeps going even if you log off. So, once you start playing, you have 48 hours from that moment.

Thanks for taking the time to talk to people on the forums. I appreciate you and all the other gurus. There were a lot of people saying there was an error that once they downloaded the trial saying that they had already used all their run time or only had a couple hours left. Has this problem been resolved yet? It would be unfortunate for people who sincerely want to give this game a chance to not being able to play because of that error. :(
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited January 2015

The loading screens don't give me an issue so to speak. In TS2 they were less because you picked where you were going from the phone. In TS4 you have a loading screen to go out to the map then one to go to your destination. So there are twice as many loading screens if you travel. I like that I can roam the hood I am at in TS4 but the lack and changing game play is the deal breaker for me. I had allot more fun with TS2 base game and will continue to have fun with TS2UC. :)

PS: I also take into consideration most if not all of other games I play have loading screens of some type. Some times they are hidden in a cut scene some times they are a flat out loading screen. ;)
  • Options
    dmel25 wrote: »
    Wait so if I download the game tonight but don't play it but for maybe 4 hours and could I still play it on Sunday? Is it you get 48 hours to play it once you download it and if you don't play too bad for you? Or is it you get to play 48 hours total and then you can't play anymore once you have reached 48 playing hours on Origin?

Game time starts when you get on the game. If you play an hour, then get off for the rest of the day, game time stop until you get on it again.

I hope that makes sense. o:)

Actually, once you LAUNCH the game, the clock starts. And it keeps going even if you log off. So, once you start playing, you have 48 hours from that moment.

Thanks for taking the time to talk to people on the forums. I appreciate you and all the other gurus. There were a lot of people saying there was an error that once they downloaded the trial saying that they had already used all their run time or only had a couple hours left. Has this problem been resolved yet? It would be unfortunate for people who sincerely want to give this game a chance to not being able to play because of that error. :(

I'm pretty sure they've been made aware, I was helping a newbie with that issue earlier in the hope he would get help from someone who has the power to do so :)
  • Options
    NesoiancitizenNesoiancitizen Posts: 4,344 Member
    I played the Sims4 free trial for a few minutes and so far the Sims4 seems okay, but not outstanding. The game screen was blurry (not the main menu or the panels on the bottom and sides of the screen) and I found managing 3 Sims complicated. There should be something inbetween no and full automony, like in the Sims3 with low autonomy. But I do like the new multitasking. I will play more tomorrow.
    JkN3z9U.gif
    Find me at Sims3.com. Username: Nesoiancitizen
    I'm also on Duolingo as carlaquest
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I don't have Sims 4 yet, so I can't compare. But the loading screens in Sims 2 don't bother me for a couple reasons. 1. the game is 10 years old. 2. they are really short and only pop up for neighborhood changes.
    I'm downloading the free trial of Sims 4 as we speak, so I'll get to see how they compare.

Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Loading screens aren't really a deal breaker for me....more like an inconvenience and disappointment for a game made in 2014....... but as far as TS2 vs TS4 I would be more forgiving of things in TS2 because to me the game play itself is better.

Just one example.

Romantic Sims TS2https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxsLnZLs-Pc

Romantic Sims TS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0G-rpj7Pvw
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Owien1995Owien1995 Posts: 28 New Member
    > @Ellessarr said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > if you are speaking about ghosts? then yes the game have ghosts, when a sim if that sim had a house an not a homeless sim his urn will be in the house, then after some days a ghost pop-up from that urn, you can't play with him, for sometime he will be a npcs, and you need rise your relationship with him again, if you rise enough it(90%) or more then he can become a playble sim, if you dont want a ghost you can simple go in the urn(if the sim died inside the house) and release the soul, if the sim died outside the house them a graveyard is created which work like the urn.
    > homeless sim only produce urns or graveyards if they died while active in game if they not active then they just vanish without leave a ghost, but they still count as the limit of your population, until they really vanish which take sometime.
    >
    > if you have any other question feel free to ask.

Thank you !

sorry my English not good and

if anyone know if it will release the game for mac exactly in the first day in the next month ?
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    My problem with the Sims 4 is not the game, it's the price. I think for what you get it's too high priced. I am a cheapskate though. :)

My buying point for the base game will be $25.00, so I reckon it'll be next Christmas before I get it. LOL
  • Options
    > @Ellessarr said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > if you are speaking about ghosts? then yes the game have ghosts, when a sim if that sim had a house an not a homeless sim his urn will be in the house, then after some days a ghost pop-up from that urn, you can't play with him, for sometime he will be a npcs, and you need rise your relationship with him again, if you rise enough it(90%) or more then he can become a playble sim, if you dont want a ghost you can simple go in the urn(if the sim died inside the house) and release the soul, if the sim died outside the house them a graveyard is created which work like the urn.
    > homeless sim only produce urns or graveyards if they died while active in game if they not active then they just vanish without leave a ghost, but they still count as the limit of your population, until they really vanish which take sometime.
    >
    > if you have any other question feel free to ask.

Thank you !

sorry my English not good and

if anyone know if it will release the game for mac exactly in the first day in the next month ?

We don't know the release date yet, sorry! But I'm sure you'll hear soon if you stick around :)
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    Alas once again..
    the old one
    whose hammer bloodied by the millions
    once again
    brought chaos upon the realm of The Sims 4 Forums
    playing a divine diety
    she does
    fusing community threads like another into one
    for what purpose might one ask?
    for the glory of Satan or worse!
    Dread fills one with paranoia
    Truly there must be a reason so?
    lest tis be but a plot
    to gather all upon one place
    and with a swing of her hammer
    this thread shall be obliterated
    like Munchie once was..
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Dariu wrote: »
    Alas once again..
    the old one
    once again
    playing a divine diety
    she does
    lest tis be but a plot
    like Munchie once was..

I was reading your post with seriousness until the last line ...
  • Options
    JoshLuck95JoshLuck95 Posts: 10 New Member
    ive had nothing but hassle with the free trial ive contacted customer service twice today and they didnt seem to have a clue, everytime i installed it it wanted a product key, well i gave in and bought the bloody thing on CDKeys.com for £25 which is a much better price compared to what EA want..... which was £40. finally working now.
  • Options
    Dariu wrote: »
    Alas once again..
    the old one
    once again
    playing a divine diety
    she does
    lest tis be but a plot
    like Munchie once was..

I was reading your post with seriousness until the last line ...

Muchie's murder
    Munchie's Execution
    'Tis serious is it not?
    He had no chance
    He had no trial
    Only with a gasp
    was all he was given
    any tribute we lay
    any tribute we offer
    she appears once more
    to leave but dust in her wake.
  • Options
    JoshLuck95 wrote: »
    ive had nothing but hassle with the free trial ive contacted customer service twice today and they didnt seem to have a clue, everytime i installed it it wanted a product key, well i gave in and bought the bloody thing on CDKeys.com for £25 which is a much better price compared to what EA want..... which was £40. finally working now.

At least you bought at discount :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Maxis is nice enough to give the players a free 48-hour trial. ;)

Isn't it on for like over a week?
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited January 2015

Loading screens aren't really a deal breaker for me....more like an inconvenience and disappointment for a game made in 2014....... but as far as TS2 vs TS4 I would be more forgiving of things in TS2 because to me the game play itself is better.

Just one example.

Romantic Sims TS2https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxsLnZLs-Pc

Romantic Sims TS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0G-rpj7Pvw

the more i see videos from ts2 and ts3 the more sad i become for not be playing none of then or to be "trying to play only the sims 4", really this make the sims 4 have even a worst look than what he already have for me >.>, i really hope in the end of this year when the next black friday come all the sims 3 stuffs get 75% then i will try to buy then all at same time.

i really started with the wrong game :(
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Maxis is nice enough to give the players a free 48-hour trial. ;)

Isn't it on for like over a week?

Until the 2nd feb I believe? May be wrong :)