Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which mod stops the taxi?

The taxi I'm talking about are the ones that are just randomly driving around with no one inside? I down loaded a small island world, and I have used NRaas traffic mod to stop the sims living there from using taxies, but those random ones driving around town are still there, and there are a lot of them. Is there a mod that will stop them all together?

Comments

• KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    NRaas Traffic is the one that also stops the empty taxis. You need to set the Traffic Delta to a negative value, like -500 or so.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Nothing like enjoying a pristine medieval world with dragons, knights in shining armor, horses for transport only to have it infested with decorative taxicabs. May as well plop down a Simbucks coffee barista and a video game arcade in the middle of it all -- it's going to happen in a few centuries anyway. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    KarinL wrote: »
    NRaas Traffic is the one that also stops the empty taxis. You need to set the Traffic Delta to a negative value, like -500 or so.
    Thank you for letting me know this setting. I'll do that.
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    If I remember correctly, NRAAS mod will stop the random taxies driving around town, but it will not stop taxis for those that need to go to work that don't own their own vehicle. I believe the only way to prevent all taxies with the NRAAS mod and then modify each home to make sure they have a motorcycle, bike, or car sufficient for everyone to go to work.
    The Traffic mod has a setting that is intended to stop the game from issuing free (cheap) cars like Sloppy Jalopies to sims who have none of their own -- who then invariably abandon them all over town -- and cause them to use taxis instead. But that setting will not stop taxis from being used sometimes if it is set to keep issuing the cheap cars.

Not sure, but I think @LaBlue0314 may be trying to prevent inactives from using any kind of cars at all if the island is that small. That can be arranged, more or less, with the two Traffic mod settings together with one from GoHere, a different mod.
    NRaas > GoHere > Allow Car Routing > False
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    What I am attempting to do is to allow the sims to use bicycles, but when I turned of the Allow Car Routing off it even stopped the bikes from being used as well.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    What I am attempting to do is to allow the sims to use bicycles, but when I turned of the Allow Car Routing off it even stopped the bikes from being used as well.

Oh sorry, didn't realize that the game/GoHere mod might see bikes as cars. (sighs)

I guess you would want to forget that and issue them all bikes as @cherid87120 said. But the game may still cause them to hail cabs or issue them a cheap car, depending on that Traffic mod setting, if the bike doesn't seem available to the inactives at the time or if they are a recently spawned Service/Role Sim.

There is a way to blacklist the Jalopies, etc. so the game can only issue extra bikes to inactives when needed instead, but the process is a bit involved. You might want to post on NRaas if what you already have in place still isn't doing what you needed.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!